Asgard 2, 0001 / June 19, 2017
EDIT: THIS DOCUMENT HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF ASGARD 6, 0001/JUNE 22, 2017 TO REFLECT THE NEW PETITION PROCESS
- Decide what your petition is about. Make sure you are not creating a repeat petition by checking the petitions subforum. If a petition like the one you want to make exists get involved with that one rather than creating your own. Repeat petitions will be deleted.
Create a statement of intent. Be clear in the statement of what you are asking to be changed, why you are asking for it to be changed, how you want it to be changed, and where it would need to be changed. Make it to the point and try to keep anecdotal opinions out of it.
- Try to avoid "I believe that.." or "It's our opinion that.".
- Do include "It should be this because of this reasoning." or "It would benefit this part to say this instead of this for this reason." Petitions without clear evidence backing them up will not be considered.
Verify who and where it will need to be submitted. Does it go to the Head of Nation, or Parliament, or to a Ministry?
- Once you have, please list it on the petition so once it has been completed it can be immediately sent to the correct department or persons.
- Get a second opinion. Show it to a friend and get them to double check it for clarity, spelling and grammar.
Post your petition to gather signatures! You can post your petition through the official
Asgardia Petition Submission Page
- Please ensure your real name is visible and your profile picture is of a real person - all petitions submitted under pseudonyms and none real pictures will be immediately rejected.
- You can submit a picture with your petition, be sure it is relevant to your petition or do not submit one at all, it is your choice.
- You will receive a notice letting you know when your petition has passed the petition moderation process.
- You can see all of the petitions posted on the Petitions Page .
- Promote your petition! You can promote your petition however you want, either online through the Petitions forum or the Facebook thread created for it in the Asgardia General Facebook group or in person. But remember to be polite and considerate of other Asgardia citizens when discussing your petition with them. Also, please do not spam other people's threads with links to your petitions, posting once should be enough and when asked you could post it again.
- Once you have 1000 signatures, your petition will be closed and forwarded to the appropriate office/Ministry. Have patience for a referendum to be called! These will not happen overnight but as petitions are reviewed and verified referendums will be opened for voting to the citizens of Asgardia. More information on this process will be released when it is available.