Jul 2, 17 / Leo 15, 01 19:37 UTC

About Voting for the Constitution and Uploading Satellite Files  

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to give you a heads up that I've heard that voting may be closing on 03 July 0001 (July 18, 2017 Gregorian) so if you haven't voted yet on the Constitution, flag, anthem and insignia or uploaded your file for the satellite you may want to do it soon!

I've also heard that there will be a new official Decree released soon as well. I'll post more info as I get it or let you know when it's posted!

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg
Head of Community Affairs
NGO Asgardia

Last edited by:  Rebekah Berg (Asgardian, Lead Admin)  on Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 15:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jul 3, 17 / Leo 16, 01 09:58 UTC

In terms of voting for the Constitution, I was only given the option of "Yes." followed by a submit button.

As a citizen of Asgardia, if I object to the content of certain sections of the proposed constitution ... how can I signify a "No" vote?

For example, on page 3, Asgardia is referred to as a "space kingdom" while on page 4 it is referred to as a "space nation." (Well, is Asgardia going to have a king? If not, why are we referring to it as a kingdom?) If this is a mistake, it's sloppy work. The Constitution of any nation, let alone an aspiring space based one, should not be rushed. Additionally ... point 9, that of "there is no room for political parties in Asgardia"  

....Really? Good luck with that. George Washington didn't want political parties for the United States either, but politics are a reality for all governments. Unless Asgardians are proposing only ONE state run party (or no party, which IS a party by default) then the fact is, at some point in Asgardia's future, political factions and parties WILL arise.

Realism MUST be a part of planning here, and not wild-eyed idealism. Otherwise everyone is playing games, and this is just an awesome Internet based, Space Fantasy role playing game that in no wise is ever going to be taken seriously by the governments of planet Earth.

Jul 3, 17 / Leo 16, 01 13:18 UTC

@writeboywrite
You may find other informations here.

Jul 3, 17 / Leo 16, 01 16:07 UTC

I vote YES

Jul 4, 17 / Leo 17, 01 10:12 UTC

@Jason Rainbow - 

Thank you for that clarification. I appreciate it.

Jul 4, 17 / Leo 17, 01 10:31 UTC

To anyone that cares:

Someone did put up a petition about the way voting is being handled. I think it could have been worded better, but the sentiment was right. I signed it. 

Pretty much, if this issue is not fixed I'm out. Period. I believe in REAL democracies ... not the fake "democratic in name only scams" pulled by many dictatorships and communist regimes.

If anyone agrees with me, here's a petition. Go sign it.

--->>>> https://asgardia.space/en/petitions/10487-dear-asgardian-team-and-fellow-asgardians/

Jul 4, 17 / Leo 17, 01 16:27 UTC

@writeboywrite
Pretty sure that, with a trigger amount of 1.000 signatures, you can calculate the hopes to be heard by the administration by yourself. ;-)