Jun 22, 17 / Leo 05, 01 20:03 UTC

Asgardia News - LEADERSHIP ELECTIONS - EXPANDING AND REMOVING BOUNDARIES  

Good day Asgardia!

The community has spoken and the Asgardia team has listened. Please read here the changes that are being made to the Leadership elections boundaries.

https://asgardia.space/en/page/chronicles/leadership-elections-expanding-and-removing-boundaries

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 00:18 UTC

Thank you @RebekahBerg! That's the piece of news I needed to read to be encouraged to run for leadership!

I do believe that united, we will change the Constitution from the inside to fix its flaws!

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 04:13 UTC

Thanks for wonderful news which we are waiting to here......

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 10:42 UTC

I saw the title of the thread and thought The Emporer was coming clean and explaining why all the election rules were being changed without any notification.

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 18:39 UTC

Thank you for all of the hard work and time you put into the forum. It is very appreciated! 

I am also glad about the changes. I have also thrown my perverbal hat into the ring in the hope of helping to create a better future for everyone . It would be helpful if I had a chance to gain more votes. There are very few Asgardians in my area.  So with this change I am hoping that I might garner some votes! :)  

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 12:47 UTC

Great news indeed and aligned with Asgardia's free spirit. Good job☺️

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 00:11 UTC

That's a good move.  We tend to think geographically because that is how things have always works.  We represent the people around us, people who have experienced the same issues.  But with the advent of the Internet, our peer groups are changing.  I plan on representing people from my region because many of them will expect it.  But my peer group is a mix of local and occupational interests, and I will be keen to represent those issues.

Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 17:44 UTC

Hi John!

You have several options actually. One is your Asgardia blog that can be accessed through the drop down box next to your profile picture. The second is the campaigning forum under the Ministry of Justice here. The third is the campaigning thread set up in the Asgardia General Official Facebook group HERE. 

Good luck!

Jul 3, 17 / Leo 16, 01 08:41 UTC

Fellow Asgardian citizens- To those hoping Supreme Leader Ashurbeyli makes an official announcement that includes EVERY Asgardian citizen regarding the changes to the constitution since it was able to be agreed upon, voting on it, those who think all citizens should be notified about dates that don't change in regard to the constitution,  and finally those who agree the method of the constitution agreement collection as well as the leadership polling should be overhauled in favor of a verifiable and trustworthy system, I saw a petition and got inspired to write the following comment which is linked below about a possible solution for all this.. We need to have solidarity on all of this and need reassurance for the various unorganized fears to be quelled in an organized manner in accordance with the spirit that encompasses Asgardia and its citizens! :

"The entire situation may very well be a sort of a beta test for the near future. Maybe a test launch of how to best go about this groundbreaking situation and make sure the bugs are ironed out before a lot more finances get invested. We should stay united and wait to see how things progress. Maybe we could form an unofficial committee tasked with keep an eye on everything official we can locate and inform the other citizens should things not go proper. Regardless of who we are or where were from, we all share the common interest of wanting to make a difference by starting a new sort of life in space and furthering humanity. We need to stand united first and foremost. I'm not saying don't sign this petition, because I believe in individual thoughts and opinions. I do suggest we all accept the constitution and if you're worried, sign the petition as well and make your voice heard here. This needs to get off the ground. If things go well, it'll happen faster.. If things seem like they're going south, we stand together and I'm sure people will be lining up to help. If we are to be a country, our message to the world has to be unity. A surprising amount of people believe this is some sort of cult with the aim at starting a secret and separate branch of humanity and/or that this whole thing isn't real. We must stand together and do our part. Most of all, we have to believe. Believe in the reality of Asgardia and act accordingly to the point where no one can doubt its validity. We must be united in this effort!

Once said official 'unofficial' committee is formed, the group would keep evidence of all official document changes, keep track of media events and all that is stated, etc. The committee could, say, find a lawyer (preferably a fellow Asgardian) and make sure were covered legally in case the issues aren't directly addressed to each and every  citizen, and hopefully the lawyer could make sure the citizens located  in other planet-side countries are protected by either national or  international law. If it had to go to court, surely benefactors across the world would assist us with legal fees should something this major have a need to become mainstream world news. We must be patient and show  our firm solidarity here and ensure both the safety of our future as  people of Earth and the safety of our future as citizens of Asgardia and the world view of us. I am positive that once we have this committee  formed and running, that we can inform every citizen of Asgardia what we know, what we have learned, and that we have informed our Supreme Leader Ashurbeyli of all of this and await a formal response to all. Once the committee reaches that point, we wait and then contact every citizen once again and find a really good way to put our reaction to the action or inaction of our leadership to a real vote. With advice from previously mentioned lawyers of course.

I,  personally, very much hope any of the issues will be quelled long before it has to come down to anything so major. I hope that you all agree with me and decide to stand for Asgardia. Since its been a while and I haven't seen a lot of talk of formal organization on these message boards, aside from petitions and message boards that could probably  easily be edited or manipulated, I will offer my e-mail address at the  end of this post or you can find me and send a message with contact  info, and if you're an Asgardian citizen your Asgardian ID number, through Facebook and Twitter. I will reply with information on who else  is with us and once there are at least ten of us in total we can figure  out a way to best get started and discuss what we know so far. We can  start a new official 'unofficial' committee thread on the message board  as well and announce our actions and the results of our meetings, meeting dates, etc. to others there until someone has a way to obtain a complete citizen list and a means of contact. I am willing to do what it takes to unite citizens on both sides of this argument in a fair and logical manner for solidarity of the future of Asgardia. Message me and help out. We all have a responsibility to do our part! I hope to hear from you soon! This has an amazing potential and I know that we can all stand together and assure everything about Asgardia stays alive and just as promised from the start if not more!

-Email: tekzer0@protonmail.com

-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AaronCorbitt

-Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/tekzer0

*On  the latter two, be sure to friend or add me! In the message dont forget  your contact information, Asgardian ID number, and anything else you wanna add! And no worries, I will not share any of your information whatsoever with anyone without prior permission and notice (and it'd only be something the committee has voted on prior). Since so few citizens have agreed let alone regularly visit the site, I will wait as long as it takes to get this going. Time is of the essence due to everything that is supposed to take place by years end. Thanks for taking the time to read!"

Originally typed as a reply to the petition linked below on Asgardia 16, 0001 / July 3, 2017

From: https://asgardia.space/en/petitions/6493-the-voting-system-is-a-fraud-cancel-the-voting-on-the-consitution/