Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 13:49 UTC

CHRONICLES - Gender Equity. Now and Beyond  

Good day Asgardians!

There is a new article about Gender Equality and Engagement up in the Chronicles today! We encourage all Asgardians to read it and participate in the poll at the end of the article.

CHRONICLES - Gender Equity. Now and Beyond

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 15:06 UTC

It's very dificult to answer a question knowing only that is 16% (which country has the most percent of that for example, what are the ages % from every country that has a % registerd female members), But the most serious is what is the % of us (and not only) that have totaly understand Asgardia i hope that i didn't confuse us more

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 15:30 UTC

Man.
Woman.
Human.
Don't care.

Can they work?
Are they proficient?
Will they attempt to prey on others? (Socially, sexually, etc)

Gender is irrelevant with the sole exception of procreation. Let it remain so.

Updated  on Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 15:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 18:11 UTC

@petrv, We have been made aware of a problem regarding the poll. The IT team is looking into it, but apparently it is very slow to loading. Try allowing a couple minutes to see if that helps. Let us know if that worked, or if further problems happen.

Thanks,

Leo

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 18:18 UTC

+1 gender irrelevence.

An analysis of the data from the questionnaire of Level 2 verification

I don't seem to recall a questionnaire.

Updated  on Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 18:20 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 18:53 UTC

Maybe they need news about some famous women who joined to Asgardia. And we need an unique asgardian fashion. If they see and like that, they will apply for citizenship :)

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 19:00 UTC

Why would they require that?

Unless they are determinably sexist and would require to obvertly suggest otherwise in order to disguise this then it shouldn't be something that is actually of any concern.

Intentionally attracting citizens who would only sign up because they liked the shade of pink those shoes are isn't a sensible plan of action. Unless the intention is to create a collection of those incapable of logical thought.

Updated  on Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 19:23 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 19:28 UTC

Some of them are even "well educated" and have "interesting" areas of research or involvements in projects. There's quite a range covered... Mayhaps this could coincide with one of the "media initatives"

Still think that gender isn't something that attention should be particularly drawn to - Like socks. Doesn't matter what colour they are, what matters is if they keep your feet warm n is comfy. It's an irrelevent property.

Updated  on Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 19:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Additional data

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 20:31 UTC

So, once this questionnaire is functional, how much would Alex Fedosseev be paying me for adding this data into his mine? What would he be intending on doing with this data, precisely? as in, which of his currently running projects would this be used to further?

I'm sure we'd covered storing personal data on Amazon's cloud before...

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 21:57 UTC

That was an interesting questionaire, and I don't mind telling you exactly what I've said in the last form. There's nothing wrong with what has been done so far, and there's not much that we can do at the moment either. Asgardia needs just more time, as this project goes on, and becomes more concrete, and with more clear objectives, it will attract more women (even though, in my opinion, there will always be more men, it's just the nature of the different interests we naturally have). That's just my opinion of course.

Edit: there's nothing wrong with more men than women in Asgardia, as long as there are no limitations for them to access to it, the choice is up to them and that's what matters.

Last edited by:  Alexander Zuffi (Asgardian)  on Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 22:04 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 16:24 UTC

Large sex disparities like this have always been a mystery to me. I'd be interested to hear what Asgardian women have to say. Did you have any misgivings about registering? Have you talked about Asgardia to female peers? How confident are you in Asgardia succeeding?

How did you hear about Asgardia? It would be funny if we ended up with such a skewed population simply due to marketing in areas with pre-existing male dominated audiences.

Mar 25, 17 / Tau 00, 01 09:25 UTC

unblock the restriction for the the thrird party cookies and the poll will be appeard

Mar 25, 17 / Tau 00, 01 12:25 UTC

Not: question why the third party service requires to store data on your system to transfer over the hash embedded into the content already served in order to obtain the form this server is capable of serving?

Mar 25, 17 / Tau 00, 01 19:29 UTC

maybe in order to avoid multiple times of answering the poll by the same person

Mar 25, 17 / Tau 00, 01 22:12 UTC

No, the easiest way to avoid the questions being answered by one person more than once would be to keep it all on one system where you can observe the actions of the logged in user the easiest. As opposed to using a random third party datamine.