Mar 25, 17 / Tau 00, 01 22:34 UTC

Re: CHRONICLES - Gender Equity. Now and Beyond  

the poll is available i think even if someone is not an asgardian to complete it

Mar 25, 17 / Tau 00, 01 23:03 UTC

<div class="col-md-12 poll-content-wrapper"> {% get_permission 'can_vote_in_poll' poll request.user as user_can_vote_in_poll %} {% with can_be_completed=user_can_vote_in_poll has_been_completed=poll|has_been_completed_by:request.user poll=poll %} <h4 class="question">{{ poll.question }}</h4>

Suggests otherwise.

Mar 26, 17 / Tau 01, 01 00:13 UTC

eyeR the poll just sarted to run again when i deleted the cookies and i was not login

Mar 26, 17 / Tau 01, 01 00:17 UTC

So what you're trying to tell me is each unlogged in visit creates a unique guest identifier in order to hold the poll selection for that individual user?

Looks to me like that code checks the user, and if they are:

A) allowed to vote B) have previously voted

If desired, checking if that user is logged in shouldn't be a significant challenge. I'd not actually looked but would of expected the logged in check to be performed in the function that defines if they are/are not allowed to cast vote.

Updated  on Mar 26, 17 / Tau 01, 01 00:19 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Additional data

Mar 26, 17 / Tau 01, 01 00:22 UTC

I am telling you about the third party cookies why they might are important in order the poll to be available

Mar 26, 17 / Tau 01, 01 00:28 UTC

maybe only for the visitors that they complete the poll (it's logical that in order to avoid multi completed answers by a single person)

Mar 26, 17 / Tau 01, 01 01:13 UTC

The cookies themselves shouldn't impact the poll. The data is stored in the database. Access to post is restrictable by login, therefore it's restrictable to use poll if logged in.

Even if this condition wasn't true, it's not a particularly good reason to be pushing traffic towards services they couldn't even of been bothered to investigate if they are trustable with this data, let alone what they would intend on doing with it.

Mar 26, 17 / Tau 01, 01 21:52 UTC

I agree with Phicksur on this one. I don't see where gender should play any significance in our country. The concept states that we are to protect earth from space and protect space from Earth.

Even if our concept eventually expanded into space colonization (which, according to recent biological studies is appearing to grow more challenging) we're going to be on terra firma for a while. If I wanted to talk to an Asgardian female I'd go to the local Starbucks and recruit some.

I didn't come to Asgardia looking for a girlfriend, I came here to make an impact in a way I never could before. Isn't that enough?

Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 05:04 UTC

once the topic of Asgardia becomes more mainstream, i can see more females taking notice of it. I have quite varied interests and being a residential architectural draftsperson, being in a subset of engineering fields the topic of asgardia had come up on my facebook feed a fair bit ago, and it was intriguing and then looked into it, researched it and joined. it's a matter of time before others do the same.

Last edited by:  Tamara Spencer (Asgardian)  on Mar 28, 17 / Tau 03, 01 05:05 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: replace a wording that was haphazzard