Apr 26, 17 / Gem 04, 01 17:29 UTC

CHRONICLES - Get Ready for Life in Space!  

Hello Asgardians!

We have a new article up in the Chronicles entitled Get Ready for Life in Space!

Please let us know what you think!

https://asgardia.space/en/page/chronicles/Get-ready-for-life-in-space

Kind regards,

Rebekah Berg
Lead Community Administrator
Asgardia

Apr 26, 17 / Gem 04, 01 18:53 UTC

>> "Moreover, space is a harsh environment for humans, we have not be created to live there."

"... we were not created to live there" might read a bit easier. ;)

I am glad someone is taking seriously the difficulty of space living.

YLL

Apr 27, 17 / Gem 05, 01 09:28 UTC

I'm Ready... ;-)

Apr 27, 17 / Gem 05, 01 12:08 UTC

That's why creating a form of artificial gravity is paramount. The rotating flywheel design is the most promising for this purpose - the centrifugal force of the rotation mimics gravity. But there are some issues with the design which make me sceptical about the actual practicality of such a solution. 

Either that, or we try and colonise a space body that already has gravity. But that would require more resources.

May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 08:50 UTC

من حاضر هستم با تمام سختی هایی که می تواند وجود داشته باشد...

**Mod Edit** English Translation - I am with all the hardships that there could be ...
Zahira, 08/05/2017, 11:07 UTC

Last edited by:  Jewell Ledoux (Global Admin, Asgardian)  on May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 11:07 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Translation

May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 11:09 UTC

@Amirreza Vafaei Moghadam The previous comment has been translated using *Google Translate*.  Please keep this in mind that this forum uses *English* as a base language at this moment, however you are able to use your native language in the *Regional Forums* that applies to you.  

Last edited by:  Jewell Ledoux (Global Admin, Asgardian)  on May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 11:13 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 8, 17 / Gem 16, 01 13:54 UTC

"Becoming an astronaut is not simple. You must have the proper education, an excellent professional background and perfect health."

Ok, I'm out! :-D

Well... I'm not an engineer, nor I've "perfect health" (but enough to be a living terrestria ;-)).
So, I bet, I'll develop automation and communications procedures, staying down here, then I'll send them to my nephew, up to Asgardia, and will bear with the half-second transmission delay, to test them into space-colony's mechanisms and robots. ;-)

Jun 8, 17 / Can 19, 01 20:23 UTC

@meganpatiry THANK YOU!

I knew my equations were missing some things. I believe this may be one of my missing pieces.

WYK

Jun 11, 17 / Can 22, 01 10:57 UTC

Interesting video about gravity in space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-JM0f_J7s

Jun 12, 17 / Can 23, 01 19:46 UTC

'HAZIRIM ;)

Last edited by:  Yunus Demir (Asgardian)  on Jun 12, 17 / Can 23, 01 19:47 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 12:16 UTC

What do we know about life in the Universe?

American  scientists have discovered for the first time in our galaxy an  Earth-sized planet on which life could be lived, ITAR-TASS quoted NASA. The object was discovered by the Kepler telescope, launched in orbit  in March 2009. However, not only does this planet have conditions for  developing life.
The only such planet in the Universe
The planet received the symbol "Kepler-186f". "His  discovery was a significant step in the search for the same worlds that  exist in the world," said NASA Astrophysics CEO Paweł Hertz. As  explained exoplanet is located in the so-called ecosphere, the area of  the environment at a distance from the parent star, which allows to  maintain moderate temperature on its surface necessary for the existence  of water in the liquid state. All other planets that we have so far discovered are 40 percent. Earth.
It does not have to be a life
Kepler-186f is located in the constellation of Swan, about 500 light-years from Earth. Red dwarf circle - a relatively small and cool star about two times smaller than our sun. The period of planetary circulation around the star is 130 days. By defining the mass and composition of Kepler-186f, scientists have found that hard rock is dominated by its surface. The composition of the atmosphere is covered by the mystery. Temperature on the planet.
"The  fact that the planet is in the ecosphere does not mean that there are  any forms of life there," said Thomas Barkley of the Ames Space Center. According to him, Kepler-186f has many distinctive features similar to  those on Earth, but rather it is our cousin and not the twin.
Elsewhere there are no such conditions
Other  planets orbiting a red dwarf in the constellation of Swan are not  included in the number of potential candidates for maintaining  biological conditions - the temperature on its surface is too high. Earlier, thanks to the information provided by the Kepler telescope on the Milky Way, about 2 thousand. exoplanets. NASA expects new data to be generated by the launch of another telescope, James Webb, in 2018.
Watermarks on Mars
An  American Opportunity rider, who landed on the Red Planet's surface in  January 2004, found traces of water in cliffs of the crater of Endeavor.  According  to scientists, the analysis of soil samples separated by rover showed  that 3.7 billion years ago Mars was a planet rich in water, with a  neutral pH. This gave reason to believe that such conditions were appropriate for life. However, scientists can not yet reliably confirm the existence of Martian microorganisms in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34sEX6VM9sU

Last edited by:  LESZEK ROŻYCKI (Asgardian)  on Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 12:20 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time