Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 15:41 UTC

Contest Submission Closing Date Announced!  

Dear Asgardians,

Soon, on January the 20th, submissions for all the currently on-going contests will be closing. New flags are being published every day, however after January 20th it will take us a few days to finalise sorting all the submissions and then all remaining will be published on asgardia.space.

The closing of contest voting will be announced on a later date.

Please visit the contest pages and vote by logging into your asgardia.space account.

We have received several questions regarding the processing. Here is how it's done.

There are following categories:

Active - those which are published for review
Declined - those where art work is either not relevant for the subject or is clearly somebody else's copy-right (for example any Star Wars, Star Trek, Superman, etc symbols, flags of the other countires.
Deleted - any photographs (of people, or objects, or nature, or selfies), cartoons, postcards, or any other irrelevant of inappropriate visuals, files in unreadable formats.

If you are still considering participation, please hurry up - there is less then one week left!

Lena De Winne

Last edited by:  Rebekah Berg (Asgardian, Lead Admin)  on Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 15:41 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 16:07 UTC

Not all graphical work of Superman, Star Trek, Starwars or other Brand is copyrighted nor a violation of a copyright. I hope you respect that and have a qualified person who can make such judgments based on official verifiable data. I am also not sure if I would agree to a process that is based on a mechanism of filtering that is not properly served or agreed by the folks who are targeted by the vote results. I definitely wouldn't agree to a mechanism that destroys submissions or unpublish submissions. So, I expect a gallery of images divided into "votable", "denied" and "disqualified" and a brief explanation of the process of filtering.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 16:26 UTC

Don't forget to scroll down below the 2400's where for some reason over a hundred of the flags in the early 3000's got dumped and have almost no votes

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 17:18 UTC

Yeah, the current flag order is really broken. But hopefully it'll be an easy fix. It could be very useful if we can filter by flags we have or have not already voted on, so we don't have to scroll through the same flags to find new ones.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 19:37 UTC

Hopefully open the competitions of the insignia and the anthem we never see the anthem y would like Before closing

Jan 15, 17 / Aqu 15, 01 01:04 UTC

Hi asgardia love one's, please, Vote for my flag design friends, i need your support, thank you and love you'll, From asgardian girl...Fatemeh. :-) My Flag designs number is: 154, 214, 520, 521, 666, 523, 556, 663, 522, 864, 857, 856, 667, 665.

please vote for your favorite flag, Thanks.

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 20:21 UTC

Fatemeh, I know they haven't seemed to enforce it yet, but the rules definitely state that there is a maximum of ONE entry per participant to be considered to win the contest. https://asgardia.space/en/page/contest-rules

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 03:05 UTC

I hope that the design that wins can be tweaked and changed a little to make it more formal, add or remove objects within the flag because some flags that I have voted for and some that are popular are great but still need a touch of professionalism. Maybe if a design wins then we hire professional designers to make some designs/variations based on the winning design and then have the variations be voted on again by Asgardians? Just a thought.

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 09:50 UTC

I've been viewing under the impression that it's a loose representation of the final design, more than the final design itself - to account for not everyone being a professional artist or designer... I'm sure once selected it can be redone with a "touch of professionalism".

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 09:55 UTC

It about time we bring it to an end and get our flag.

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 02:15 UTC

Wont ASGARDIA have fire personel

Jan 25, 17 / Aqu 25, 01 13:36 UTC

I hope the best flag will be chosen for asgardia. :)

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 16:19 UTC

I appeal that the asgardians will be notified by messages to their emails with any new contest considered for voting in the future with its details such as its conditions and its start date and end date.

Mar 2, 17 / Ari 05, 01 21:30 UTC

When will the voting phase be over and the flag selected?