Nov 26, 17 / Sag 22, 01 17:07 UTC

IN REGARDS TO THE AGE-LIMIT FOR THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS  

Hello Asgardia,

The Head of Community Affairs has written a blog response about the confusion surrounding the age-limit for the Parliamentary elections. You can find it here:

https://asgardia.space/en/blog/asgardia/20892-in-regards-to-the-age-limit-for-the-parliamentary-elections/#

Nov 26, 17 / Sag 22, 01 18:59 UTC

Link not working 

Nov 30, 17 / Sag 26, 01 06:38 UTC

Did you copy and paste?

Dec 4, 17 / Cap 02, 01 06:46 UTC

I think 20 years old is a good age 

Dec 8, 17 / Cap 06, 01 02:12 UTC

The link not working 

Last edited by:  Aisha El Saleous (Asgardian)  on Dec 8, 17 / Cap 06, 01 02:12 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 18, 18 / Pis 21, 02 14:36 UTC

Link not working, and I also believe 20 years is a good age since this is a long term project we should be aiming for long term goals.

I'm at my 30's and I am very serious into taking part in Asgardia.

Mar 7, 18 / Ari 10, 02 08:22 UTC

Hello everyone. well the age limit is to low to be a threshold for anything. 

it is simple the fact that 20 years old is very very young to make such decisions of any sort, at state level. the age limit must be set as 30 for minimum and 50 for maximum. while we raise the government body age limits to maximum of 65 and minimum of 30. anyone above the age of 65 must be delegated advisory roles only. 

Mar 7, 18 / Ari 10, 02 22:33 UTC

i do believe this will answer the question or clarify the statement.

Article 33. Parliament

1. The Parliament shall be a unicameral legislature representing all Asgardian citizens.
  2. The Parliament shall consist of 150 members selected from all-national equal direct elections on the basis of language in proportion to the 12 official languages of Asgardia, taking into account an allocation to other language representatives in accordance with Asgardia’s laws.
  3. Members of Parliament shall be elected for a term of five years from among Asgardian citizens who have reached the age of 40......

Mar 7, 18 / Ari 10, 02 22:34 UTC

i do believe this will answer the question or clarify the statement.

Article 33. Parliament

1. The Parliament shall be a unicameral legislature representing all Asgardian citizens.
  2. The Parliament shall consist of 150 members selected from all-national equal direct elections on the basis of language in proportion to the 12 official languages of Asgardia, taking into account an allocation to other language representatives in accordance with Asgardia’s laws.
  3. Members of Parliament shall be elected for a term of five years from among Asgardian citizens who have reached the age of 40......

Apr 1, 18 / Tau 07, 02 16:20 UTC

正常的公民当中,除了未成年人、颐养天年的老人外,为什么设置一些人为的障碍呢?难道还有人对选举与被选举是每个公民的基本权利还有异议?不论男女、年龄、肤色、种族、语言...,如果您有特别的才能(才华),强大的心灵能量,人们能够认识到并拥戴推举为议员,乃至领导人,对国家是幸运的,对人民是自豪的.

Among the normal citizens, apart from the minors and the elderly, why do we set up some man-made obstacles? Are there any objections to the basic rights of every citizen in elections and being elected? Regardless of gender, age, color, race, language ..., if you have a special talent (talent), strong spiritual energy, people can recognize and embrace the elected members, and even leaders, for the country is fortunate and proud of the people.

Apr 21, 18 / Tau 27, 02 07:42 UTC

I think 40-50 is a good age restriction for parliament. We need the benefit of much life exerience and we need to ensure no one stays too long to hold back development. No one under 40, no one older than 50 and for one set term, which means someone must work efficiently to make the most of their term. Younger than 40 we can serve asgardia in other ways, and this is good. 

Apr 24, 18 / Gem 02, 02 15:17 UTC

I do not know how to vote . And also link given is not working

Aug 17, 18 / Lib 05, 02 12:26 UTC

Dear fellow citizens,

I totally disapprove of this question of age.

Does age make man? Older or younger is better?

What's the difference between a 29 year old and a 30 year old? Between a 49 year old and a 50 year old?

Is age the guarantor of knowledge, kindness, ethics, justice and intelligence? No.

Our constitution states that all Asgardian's citizens are equal.

If we are all equal, age does not matter.

A young citizen and an old citizen have the same rights.

Do you want us all to be really equal? While there is no age limit. A citizen is a citizen.

Asgardians we are all equal.

"Aux âmes bien nées, la valeur n'attend point le nombre des années."
Pierre Corneille

"To well-born souls, value does not wait for the number of years. "
Pierre Corneille

Nov 15, 18 / Sag 11, 02 11:40 UTC

Good afternoon, you have already chosen why to declare parliamentary elections again, and when we get the passports,