Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 01:30 UTC

VOTING EXTENDED: WILL 100,000 ASGARDIANS SAY “YES” TO THE CONSTITUTION?  

Hello Asgardia!

Due to overwhelming community request we have extended the voting period. Please see the article here: 

https://asgardia.space/en/page/chronicles/voting-extended

Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 11:25 UTC

What the everloving hell is this? You people can't even follow YOUR OWN RULES, how can any citizen expect you to run a nation if you cannot follow your own laws?

Ok, your chances of UN recognition were low before, but now they are at zero. There is no nation who would say that extending your own voting period TWICE because you keep failing to get enough 'votes' to pass your own Constitution is a way to conduct a nation.

Well, maybe the nations that don't hold elections would agree. I am sure North Korea would back such a government. Good to know the company you plan to keep.

It is too bad that the powers that be can't just admit that it didn't work and put forth something that more people would vote for, instead of this dumpster fire we have at present.

Overwhelming community requests my ass. That is a steaming pile of bullshit and you know it. If there was overwhelming community requests for an extension they would have voted already.

ZFI

Updated  on Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 11:27 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 11:25 UTC

--Double Post--

Updated  on Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 11:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 12:39 UTC

Hello @Phicksur!

While we do appreciate any critics, we ask you to turn down a little bit and use polite language in order to build positive environment so it will create a positive discussion.

Thank you!

Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 13:38 UTC

"Overwhelming"? The only thing I'm seeing is the community, "overwhelmingly asking" Asgardia's self established rules (also named "decrees of the Head of Nation") are respected, not infringed.
Just to know: how much "overwhelming" was, this "community request"? 10? 20? where are the numbers? Where are the threads into the official channel, this forum?
It seems to me "you", the administration, is simply refusing to give the results, "overwhelmingly" breaking decree n. 3 art. 7.
As there is no decree at all, which extends the voting period beyond 18 june 2017, all votes gathered after 24:00(UTC) of that date must be considered "illegal" (by Asgardia's own rules). Refusing to show results at 23 june 2017 simply breaks decree n.3 art. 7.
Do you really think that, making illegal things, will be seen with favor within UN? Or even by citizens? Do you really think that, not respecting even the very few rules you, the administration established (there are six decrees at all), will make citizen to think you acted correctly? Is this behavior favoring the trust of the citizen in you?
I've doubts on that.

Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 16:20 UTC

So, Jason, still no numbers at all? how much "unable to log in" they are? 2? 3? 10? 20? just didn't count and assigned the "overwhelming" tag on a "preferential basis"? ;-)))

Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 16:39 UTC

Personally I want and desire that the nation of Asgardia can be born and have its constitution, but I do not seem clear or transparent this process.

The process is extended until 100,000 people approve the constitution, but will new applications for citizenship be accepted? Because if it is not, I think they are looking for a number where if or if the constitution is approved. The grounds given do not seem legitimate.

If we want our nation to arise we do not impose the constitution or if our nation is not vitiated, with a constitutional process imposed.

And I stress again that we must build our nation and I am willing to help in whatever we can.

Jul 24, 17 / Vir 09, 01 13:37 UTC

@Sergii2016
That's absolutely true, but we can't state such things a priori, without giving the administration the way to prove things are different.
That's why the questions:

1. to give the administration a way to answer
  2. to give asgardians the reason to believe they're puppets, if they don't answer

So, it's up to them to make us to believe what they really are... and you see how it's going.

I read the transcript of Lena De Winne last Q&A interview done into Facebook: the most "hurting" (interesting) questions have not been asked(1) and, when some have been asked, I read some "blablabla" but no answers anyway.

(1) e.g. "where is the decree which (legally) states the voting period's extension?" or "why the Constitutional draft have been changed four times since the voting started?"