Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 12:34 UTC

Website Update and new Contest announced!  

Hello Asgardians!

We have a new update of the Asgardia.space website and have launched a new contest through the official Asgardia Facebook page.

Please find all of the details here:

https://www.facebook.com/asgardia.space/posts/1869742843304280

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Last edited by:  Rebekah Berg (Asgardian, Lead Admin)  on Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 12:35 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: formatting

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 12:40 UTC

Any links for those of us not on Facebook?

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 12:51 UTC

Hi!

This contest will be solely run through the Facebook page. This does not mean that all contests will be run through that avenue in future.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 12:57 UTC

*sane enough to not use

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 13:40 UTC

Hi!

We are working on updating the forum over time. A search function is on the list to add.

Also, the main page has been completely updated and a feature added to the community profiles.

This is just an interim update and things will continue to evolve over time.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 13:45 UTC

It was there before they started....

How is it not intentional?

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 13:51 UTC

Hi EyeR!

Not sure what you're referring to? Could you please clarify?

Thanks!

Rebekah

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 13:56 UTC

You're supposed to be what, exactly?

Remind me, because you're supposed to have some clue, surely?

Mayhaps this might look familiar: https://github.com/ellmetha/django-machina/blob/master/machina/templates/machina/forum_search/search.html

Although I am admittedly too lazy to clone the environment on my develsever I suspect it shouldn't take long to impliment default functionality.

Actually, it is there: https://asgardia.space/en/forum/search/

Why didn't you know this? and you wonder why I question competence...

Updated  on Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:03 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Additional data

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:08 UTC

I believe what EyeR is saying, grumpily, is that if you were to install the software presently running the Asgardia forums, it has a default search functionality that has been removed.

Now, as EyeR has pointed out, it hasn't technically been removed, as you can still pull up the link to it, but it cannot access the database to actually search, therefor returning no posts regardless of search parameters.

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:21 UTC

I'd not actually bothered testing the form, just looked to see if it was where it was supposed to be. It's non-functional status might explain it's lack of advertisement but one assumes this worked when the git was cloned - no-one else has complained of this. It's possible the "modifications" to the DB might of pushed something out of joint, but knowing what that would be should make it trivial to restore to operability.

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:21 UTC

Hello!

Oh, thank you for pulling this out, it's incredibly helpful. I'll add it to the open ticket I have for this function to be implemented and may shorten the time (yes I know it's been pending a while) to get it implemented completely.

EDIT: I took a screenshot of the search page to show the IT team that it's already built in and added your comments on what would be needed to do to get it online. Thank you again for all of your help in this!

Kind regards, Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator

Last edited by:  Rebekah Berg (Asgardian, Lead Admin)  on Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:27 UTC

Poking at the form that's served a little, selection of individual subforums produces variables it doesn't expect. That likely requires attention too, but could be consequence of w/e adjustments have been made, and unpublished making it difficult to actually do anything.

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 15:39 UTC

Why the requirement to track "10 invitations" ?

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:50 UTC

Oooh, a contest! You mean we get to spend £15 on a $2 shirt - $0.5 if buying them in bulk, £4 of which goes to Asgardia. The math there is definitely worthy of the efforts. For a chance to win a subscription to a "magazine" you'd already be subscribed to if it'd interested you.

The way this is rigged up facebook only to take advantage of the largest number of simpltons has to be a good sign.

Updated  on Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:57 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Additional data

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:55 UTC

@EyeR coff coff you could win a free year XD

the only problem is that the img of the products are to ugly , i wanted something to stay at my bedroom like a poster/clock/figurine or something like that, i think we could expand the selling products or at least give a better design to then.