Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 23:29 UTC

What Telescope do you use? Also what is your favorite object to view?  

I use a Orion XT10i and i love it. My favorite object to view is the Orion Nebula. i need to get some filters and better eyepieces.

Last edited by:  Justin Roberts (Asgardian)  on Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 23:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 04:20 UTC

I have quite a few telescopes actually, but I also own an 114EQ Celestron and I would say I use my Celestron Nexstar 8SE with an Orion camera mostly, and where to begin on my favorite object to view, I would have to say M57 Nebula.

Last edited by:  Coty Huneau (Asgardian)  on Jan 13, 17 / Aqu 13, 01 04:22 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 22:37 UTC

My favourite object is deffinately the Ring Nebula but Andromeda Galaxy could have been the first one if only I could find it. There is so much light and air pollution that I just can't find it. Also Orion Nebula is probably one of my favourite but because I am at northern sphere of the Earth, it can only be observed at winter and it is too cloudy at those times.

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 10:20 UTC

At the moment I don't own a telescope (I'm planning to build a Dobson tho), but I had the opportunity to look through a lot of them from amatorial to professional ones, including the Copernicus telescope in Asiago, Italy (http://www.oapd.inaf.it/index.php/en/asiago-info-eng/history/copernicus-telescope.html), it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, since such big telescopes are operated only through computers.
I usually like to look at planets, especially Saturn, and nebulas, but my favourite so far is Albireo, I really like the contrast between the blue and the yellow components.

Last edited by:  Matteo Peron (Asgardian)  on Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 10:20 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 01:47 UTC

im lucky and live out in the middle of nowhere i still have some light pollution from the near by towns and one city but overall i have great viewing conditions i would love to use my dob for photography i know its a huge pain to try to do but it is possible i just need a $1,500 mount that can handle the weight and another $300 i think for some tube rings that rotate plus another $1,000 or so for a camera i currently use a cellphone with no apps and no mount for it so my images do not turn out well i can however get great pictures of the moon with it but thats about it i still have a long way to go with this hobby but i love every second of it

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 15:02 UTC

I use (and tinker with) my homemade portable radio telescope (some project details though needing update at http://astro.abhinav.ac.in) It is a helical antenna with an SDR receiver capable of observing objects up to a few Jansky. So I keep observing DRAGN's (Active radio Galaxies) and Black Hole candidates and Supernova remnants. The objective is to make a radio telescope accessible financially and technically to a high school student, something like under $100.

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 15:32 UTC

I use my daughter's.

I have no idea what kind it is. It works pretty well, though. Takes up quite a bit of space in my living room before she asks me to take it outside so she can use it. (She's 9.)

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 18:16 UTC

It didn't come with a manual? There should be some identifying marks somewhere, surely.

Take a picture » reverse image search ?

Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 19:34 UTC

I own a few telescopes because I organize stargazing tours on Tenerife. My favourite though is 16inch dobson. Favourite object hmmm.... hard question. Lets say galaxies M81 and M82. 

But if you want to have access to the really big telescope check this project h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶w̶w̶w̶.̶k̶i̶c̶k̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶r̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶s̶/̶t̶h̶e̶a̶s̶t̶r̶o̶n̶o̶m̶y̶t̶e̶a̶m̶/̶t̶h̶e̶-̶b̶i̶g̶g̶e̶s̶t̶-̶p̶u̶b̶l̶i̶c̶-̶t̶e̶l̶e̶s̶c̶o̶p̶e̶

Admin Edit:  Hi Charles - Whilst I can highly appreciate the project and wish I could allow the link, our forum currently prohibits the advertising of projects for commercial gain.  As such we have removed the link to your kickstarter project.  

If you have any questions or problems with this please feel free to contact us via our email adminteam+moderation@asgardia.space. 

- Jason Rainbow 17 June 2017

Last edited by:  Jason Rainbow (Global Admin, Global Mod, Asgardian)  on Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 20:11 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Removal of link to Kickstarter project

Jun 18, 17 / Leo 01, 01 12:17 UTC

Hi, oh sorry. I didn't mean to break the rules. I'm excited with our teams project. I think our mission aligns with the main objectives of Asgardia. We work hard to share the knowledge of Universe with as many people as possible on our daily basis. Is there any approved way in which I can share the project with fellow Asgardians and not break the rules?

Jun 18, 17 / Leo 01, 01 17:59 UTC

Thank You! Mail sent. Happy Unity Day :)

Jun 28, 17 / Leo 11, 01 00:35 UTC

When I had one I had a newtonian.  I prefer refractors though.  Planets!  Pretty frickin' awesome to see Jupiter in a refractor and watch it's moons slowly go across the surface with it's shadows.  Don't the get the colors you get from Hubble but it's something awesome.  I find it difficult to look at galaxies through a cassegrain, it's just blurry makes me think I can't focus my eyes.  I like looking at pictures from more powerful telescopes for that kind of stuff.

Jun 28, 17 / Leo 11, 01 19:09 UTC

I own an Orion StarBlast II 4.5 EQ Reflector Telescope. An for a beginner, im loving it. Unfortunately with most cities, i suffer from light and air pollution while trying to star gaze, which keeps me from seeing galaxies and star clusters very well. But I've managed to admire the stripes on Jupiter and it is simply amazing to be able to see such a beautiful world that's so far away from your own front yard.