Jun 29, 18 / Leo 12, 02 12:46 UTC

Alternative Medicine for Arthritis  

My sister has reumetoid arthritis. She was diagnosed when she was 12 and has used medical marijuana strains and one of them was this [Link Removed], along with her other meds for the past 9 years. I'm not sure how it helps if not by just taking her mind off the pain. I'll have to ask her. She was supposed to be in a wheel chair by the time she was 15 but she's holding on strong. She doesn't use it all the time but Ive had to go help her roll a few joints because her joints in her hands have been so swollen. I feel sorry for anyone who has to suffer from that kind of pain on a daily basis. Even if it does help her by elevating her mood and taking her mind off the pain, I say more power to her.

Last edited by:  Christos Faroupos (Asgardian, Global Mod, NCM)  on Aug 19, 18 / Lib 07, 02 10:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: removed external link

Aug 6, 18 / Vir 22, 02 18:32 UTC

Sorry to hear about your sister's condition, I have a (much) lighter version of it. Runs in the family unfortunately. It started a couple of years ago, first just a feeling of stiffness, in the hands mostly, then pain in the mornings, worse with cold wet weather...

About a year ago I switched to a plant based diet (as much fresh and raw as possible), I heard it could make a significant difference and figured what the hell, and gave it a shot. Not easy, to be honest, I was a total dairy addict, love eggs and if something had any kind of heartbeat it was food. Within weeks the inflammation went down, wake up most days pain free, some even without stiffness in the my hands.. it's not gone but I feel much much better. Might be worth a try...