Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 21:57 UTC

Re: Asgardia: An Interest in the field of Botany  

Lo cierto es que no confiaba mucho en el éxito o fracaso, saqué pocas fotos, estoy trabajando para mejorar algunas cosas y adquirir material de mejor calidad para hacer diferentes "time's lapse" sobre todo. Espero poder aportar algo mucho más concreto, pesado y serio

Jan 29, 17 / Pis 01, 01 14:39 UTC

Hi im an architect, i have been working in the design of a bio laboratory aimed to study how to colonize outer space, i made an academic document about how a Bryosphere can feed a Biosphere with multiple species, the focus is tolerate our extinction.

Hello Asgardia admins, i wish you could delete this post, thanks.

Link to video and PDF https://comingplanet.com/2016/07/03/post-apocalyptic-architecture/

Last edited by:  Vladimir Perez (Asgardian)  on Mar 14, 17 / Ari 17, 01 17:32 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Aug 30, 17 / Lib 18, 01 15:32 UTC

I do. An Asgardian Botanical garden would be a sight to see. 

Oct 30, 17 / Oph 23, 01 20:34 UTC

I am a bilogist living in Africa. I have studied medicinal plants for my master thesis. I would want to develop a profound knowledge in the field of plants conservation

Nov 8, 17 / Sag 04, 01 04:10 UTC

I actually have an intense interest in plant science and how it relates to space travel and habitation.  There's been a large amount of research surrounding this topic, both in thought experiments and physical, but the fact of the matter is that if we're going to be in space for any length of time, humans are going to need to take plants with them.  I'm actually focusing my grad school search on this subject, hoping to do research on growing plants in either regolith or in zero gravity, both crucial for producing oxygen, purifying water, and for food!  Both environments present their own sets of challenges: zero gravity causes a host of problems with growing plants from seeds (gravity is used to tell a plant which way to grow a leaf and which way to grow a root), and regolith has either foreign nutrients or none at all!  A real problem that needs to be addressed.

Nov 16, 17 / Sag 12, 01 23:06 UTC

Fellow Asgardians,

• I would like to submit a proposition, or at least make known my interest for the foundation of a specialized department dealing specifically in the field of ethnobotany or botanical economy with practical (e.g. agricultural, pharmaceutical, scientific, commercial, cultural) scope. I am to attain certification in urban agriculture and agronomy within the year, and have experience in the fields of agronomy, horticulture, and ethnobotany; specifically concerning the practical applications of the cactaceae family of plants, and several others. Ideally, this department would function semi-independently, in close cooperation with, and under the supervision of greater bodies concerning botany/agriculture, and serve for the advancement of this field and the conservation/propagation/hybridization of concerned species for practical and beneficial purposes in their given context. The idea would be to distill terrestrial man's economical, cultural, and practical knowledge of the plants hitherto studied and to create an entirely new ethnobotanical context outside Earth. 

If there are any concerned parties, or know of similar initiatives, I'd be more than glad to discuss some ideas; feel free to message me.

Thank you for your time.

-Sergio

• ff

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 05:19 UTC

As someone who regularly clones plants, operates an aquaponics system among other many many things yes i would be intrested. 

as a side i am also running for a strategist lvl position in Minden IA think Omaha area of NE. give me a vote and ill help  bring this  vision to life! 

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 20:28 UTC

i like 

Nov 20, 17 / Sag 16, 01 20:35 UTC

I hope i can help to create a manier to thake plants in space.

Nov 21, 17 / Sag 17, 01 22:31 UTC

Oh me! Though I haven't taken up education in Botany. Given the chance, I'd be happy to choose this as my career in Asgardia.

Nov 21, 17 / Sag 17, 01 22:52 UTC

"Given the chance, I'd be happy to choose this as my career in Asgardia."

That should not be a problem. All you need to know is that nothing grows in space.

Your degree is in the mail - you should receive it within 5 to 8 weeks.

Nov 21, 17 / Sag 17, 01 23:37 UTC

"nothing grows in space"

Here's a reference for you mate  http://www.yalescientific.org/2013/03/qa-can-plants-grow-in-space/ & this is back in 2013

If there's a will, there's a way. I'd like my certificate now. Thank you =)

Last edited by:  Scott Ewen Cameron (Asgardian)  on Nov 21, 17 / Sag 17, 01 23:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: More details

Nov 22, 17 / Sag 18, 01 00:11 UTC

I'm going to assume that you realize those plants are growing in a space capsule that is in space, and that they are not growing in space itself. Well done on the research portion - I'm going to upgrade your degree to Master.

Yes yes, the degree is in the mail. Would anyone on an anonymous website lie to you? No... of course not. ;-)