Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 04:44 UTC

Chemical and Biochemical Research  

Hello Asgardians! I would like to know what kind of scientific research could benefit our nation, since scientific development must be fundamental to advance as a society. I will be attentive to the ideas that are being discussed, greetings!

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 03:22 UTC

Some subjects to focus on could be to manipulate stem cells into repairing the body and rejuvenate older bodily tissue in senior citizens. Other options could be to unlock and control genes already in DNA, quickening immune responses, and to better prevent and treat cancer along with other diseases and disabilities.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 09:24 UTC

Waste treatment, solar accumulators better diets and so on. Basically we can bring earth subjects plus those related to space life conditions (basically health subjects)

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 18:39 UTC

Im very interested in senescence and relevant biochemistry/genetics myself being a Biotechnologist. Im very excited about the research potential that comes with the Asgardian dream so Im hoping I can contribute in those areas, I want to make living in space a cakewalk for our future generations.

Peace and love

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 22:26 UTC

So, I think to deal with chemical and biochemical processes via Asgardia, we need to really nail epigenetics. For those that do not know, epigenetics is the study of gene modification versus genetic replacement. Biochemically, we would need to do something to deal with microgravity. Microgravity is the biggest problem most people do not think of. There are many posts here on the effects of space on the human body (i.e. heart, eyes, bone density).

At some point, I am sure that artificial gravity will be a thing. The spinning wheel that is seen in all sorts of sci fi settings is probably the easiest to reproduce, but the cost to put something like that in space is astronomical. That being said, I think we need to modify the genome to deal first and foremost with the body's program to move fluids. Since we as humans are just bags of fluid, and most of the ailments found in astronauts are fluid displacement issues (urination, heart weakening, and eye weakening), some sort of switch could be toggled in the sodium/potassium channels possibly, or calcium ionization so as to flex muscles involutarily to make sure everything moves (like bowel parastalsis).

Jul 21, 17 / Vir 06, 01 05:42 UTC

Modifying the genome for future space colonists is a great idea but for now its easier to stick with creating the rotating platforms to sustain a proper gravity in tuned to that of Earth. Just imagine what we could do if we had the same budget as the US military. We would be able to finance the genome editing and the space station much quicker and with a general ease.