Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 13:03 UTC

Re: BAN escalation  

You have a good point. There does need to be more transparency. It can be disturbing to see people disappear while being vocal with their feelings. There are already a couple threads regarding bans in the General forum.

We are finalizing a procedure and working on policy regarding member bans. These will help ensure that both members and volunteer staff are familiar with escalation rationale and protocol. We'll post them, with a revised Code of Conduct, soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Nik, Administrative Coordinator Civic.Asgardia

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 13:54 UTC

+1 Petrv I agree, the two most active and interesting members banned is of great concern to me. Both highly intelligent members, who made lots of intersting posts, and had thought provoking ideas on many topics. I am very dissapointed.

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 14:33 UTC

Unity was mentioned above and that banning was counter to if. EyeR at least wasn't about unity or compromise. I've not read enugh of nyhilium posts to have an opinion there.

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 14:56 UTC

I'm not sure what happened to cause bans. I can only speak from MY experience only; I did notice EyeR posted A LOT and when I say A LOT - yes, a lot. And I did experience a lack of restraint on his/her part in communicating. I did get the impression many times, reading his/her posts - a sense of either anxiety, anger or maybe just too much coffee. I felt really bothered and at times I felt "less than" by many comments made by the EyeR account. I'm not sure that equates to a ban though. Maybe some admin could have asked for a little restraint from the account holder before banning. Just throwing in my two-cents - and with that Over and Out.

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 15:22 UTC

While I agree that EyeR had all the social capabilities of a rabid raccoon, he knew his shit (or at least seemed to know his shit).

nihylum de was more passionate than anything, and as a result had a tendency to overexpress himself (herself?).

Either way, right now I should point out that they are only MUTED from responding. They can still read all the forums. None of this is secure from being read by anyone with access to the Internet. I have tested that personally.

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 15:29 UTC

Yes, the forum is public.

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 15:50 UTC

I do have a question regarding bans and the information left behind on Asgardia.space forums. If an individual submits ideas to (for example) the Declaration of Unity and then the individual is banned for something - does that individual's ideas, which are already in-play by postings, get into the final product such as the Declaration of Unity? Also, in the case of EyeR, I do know that he/she posted a link to a PDF file that has very sensitive information (technical). That individual, now banned, can no longer retrieve the post to remove links to his/her proprietary data. What if, by chance, one of EyeR's thoughts becomes reality in the final draft of the Declaration of Unity - does the idea get pulled or used? And if it is used, how do we remedy this situation with the individual? I think this sets a precedent of sorts for Asgardia. Thank you all and have a great day.

Updated  on Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 16:00 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 15:54 UTC

I do have a question regarding bans and the information left behind on Asgardia.space forums. If an individual submits ideas to (for example) the Declaration of Unity and then the individual is banned for something - does that individual's ideas, which are already in-play by postings, get into the final product such as the Declaration of Unity?

They should still go in. On the Constitutional side, I know we weren't looking at the banned status of any individual's contribution. If it was an idea and had even remotely any merit (whether we agreed with it or not), then we put it in.

OWJ

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 17:35 UTC

I would like to add my voice to this concern. The banning of people without perceived cause by the rest of us raises anxiety. I agree with petrv about the Asgardians that got banned seeming somewhat aggressive in their expression, still, they have the right to their personality unless they were harming or causing a threat to others.

Since we are not privy to the reason why they got banned, all we can do is speculate, and that's never a good thing. This is the reason why we need transparency.

Also, people should have access to a second opportunity. Remember that we all come from very different backgrounds, and we might need to adjust to the new culture we are creating here in Asgardia. Maybe people will need to learn to disagree respectfully. Still, since I can't tell the reason why our fellow Asgardians got banned, I feel they should be reinstated.

Otherwise, please, explain the reason why this is happening so that we can have peace of mind.

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 17:59 UTC

I have moved all my relevant responses.

LRH

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 19:12 UTC

I moved my post too. Please, feel free to close this one. Thank you.

Last edited by:  Yoevelyn Rodriguez (Asgardian, Comm Assistant)  on Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 19:13 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Typos and misspellings