Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:29 UTC

Bug in the interactive map information  

There is a bug in the interactive map that is shown on the homepage of the site. It's about the percentages of people who speak a certain language. Due to the fact that the Portuguese language did not appear in the registration form when clicking on the percentage of spoken languages appears an anachronistic fact and impossible that in some cities appear very low percentages of people who speak Portuguese which is totally impossible because the Portuguese language is spoken by 100% of Portuguese citizens. The registration form did not have the option of Portuguese as a native language, so some Portuguese registered it as a secondary language, but most did not put it because, of course, it was not a second language. This has to be corrected because it gives totally wrong information to those who do not know the country

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:35 UTC

Same thing in Brazil

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:40 UTC

ola anagodinho , poderia repostar seu erro nesses link? http://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/bug-reports-website-and-forum-12/topic/curated-list-of-bugs-website-update-0001-03-24-4400/?post=20230#20230

estamos fazendo uma lista dos bugs/erros ja existentes eu mencionei esse erro mas foi bem por cima poderia postar la ja que o seu esta mais detalhado?

english:

Ola anagodinho, could you repost your mistake in these links? http://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/bug-reports-website-and-forum-12/topic/curated-list-of-bugs-website-update-0001-03-24-4400/?post=20230#20230

We are making a list of existing bugs / errors I mentioned this error but it was well over could I post it since yours is more detailed?

Last edited by:  Jason Rainbow (Global Admin, Global Mod, Asgardian)  on Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:53 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: add data + activated link in English text JR

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:47 UTC

Hi BohZao, done (Olá BohZao, feito)

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 18:56 UTC

PT: Vlw por ajudar com o topico o/

ENG: thks for the help o/

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 03:29 UTC

I'm guessing this is a bug. I am also assuming all the dots that appear on the interactive map are Asgardian's with an official ID number? I have my number. I live in a remote area - there is no record of an Asgardian where I am on the map. I typed in my town and state (left out US) and it worked nicely by centering the map for me; even though I'm in a remote area. There should be one dot there, but there is not - : END OF BUG REPORT

Apr 11, 17 / Tau 17, 01 17:03 UTC

I noticed the same "bug" too: the form is wrong as the first language's field should be named "Please select languages you speak as mother language" and the second one should be named "Please list other languages you speak in order of proficiency".
I think that's the reason why english seems so widely used, as many persons stated it in the first place instead of their mother language.
This seems "just a technical detail" but this way we're going to choose english "'cause most people is speaking it": if this can be said now, while choosing it as unofficial language, I don't want to see it choosen as Asgardia's official language, maybe even silently, "as we're yet speaking it".

AEU

Apr 14, 17 / Tau 20, 01 14:02 UTC

It's just a pity that, 'cause of the wrong formalization of the questions (see my previous post, which have been totally ignored), Asgardia seems speaking english nearly at all, mostly as motherlanguage.
The result will be we're having an english speaking nation, with a russian president, based into European Union only.
If this is what's wanted, target accomplished.

But I don't care at all, I'm just boring you with my (unuseful) comments: this is what the ownership wants, this is what the ownership will get.