Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 15:40 UTC

Nginx error - 502 Bad gateway  

Not the first time it happens, but I got another Nginx error "502 Bad Gateway" I think, when answering a post, didn't screenshot. (I'm not 100% sure about the error message/number)

It happens from time to time. I also believe it's the main reason for double-posts. Because people presse "go back" and send again.

Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 19:12 UTC

I've scored double posts due to poor local network conditions - The client sends but recieves no response, so the page remains as is(no clicking back involved). Further attempts to send then result in dual posts.

The "bad gateway" error that occurs from time to time I suspect to be unrelated. It may possibly be caused by network conditions flipping bits or w/e but is likely more local to the server - some resource temporarily unavailable or such (as it seems to work instantly on hitting refresh).

Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 19:38 UTC

You're probably right. By double post I meant the user mistake of manually re-sending the form, thinking it wasn't posted correctly.

Feb 7, 17 / Pis 10, 01 19:53 UTC

Same happening again:

504 Gateway Time-out

Feb 7, 17 / Pis 10, 01 20:53 UTC

Best I can suggest without getting near the logs would be some sort of socket error mayhaps - performing an operation on a staled connection.