Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 19:09 UTC

Search function missing on the forum.  

Is it a bug or is it by design? Can we get a search forum functionality? It will help a lot, both users and forum admins.

Thanks, Richard

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 19:26 UTC

It's not "missing" - computers don't work like that. It's certainly intentionally absent as it features in the project this site is based around.

Feature requests have been placed, and picked up - if you look into the list of features we've been waiting since december to be added(ETA for any individual feature on that list would be ½hr, if the person implimenting them had no clue and had to learn everything involved with, first) the search function is amongst them.

Whilst you're waiting for them to figure out how to provide default functionality that ships with the software, either use your favorite search engine, or set wget into crawler mode and index it yourself.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 19:28 UTC

as far i know this forum is temporary,they are making a better :

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/civic-asgardia-public-sector-145/topic/civicasgardia-activity-report-19-march-4297/

look to the final the new forum/site gonna be released late march early april

Last edited by:  Leo Marquie (Asgardian, Global Admin)  on Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:43 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: [MOD] Enabled website link

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 19:33 UTC

Based on the current glacial progress, we can expect this by about 2025.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 19:57 UTC

@BohZao thanks for your kind reply @EyeR It is a missing feature - I know how computer works.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 20:00 UTC

It's not "missing", it's not entirely a set of car keys you can misplace.

It's intentionally absented. There's a distinct and important difference.

And if you know how a computer works, why did you need to ask?

Updated  on Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 20:01 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Additional data

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 20:02 UTC

Edit: I apologize, apparently you had responded while I was typing my response.

Last edited by:  Paul Miller (Asgardian)  on Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 20:04 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Removed response.

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 13:25 UTC

For those truly annoyed by the lack of search function here on the forums do this:

1. Go to Google (www.google.com)
  2. Add "site:asgardia.space" at the beginning
  3. Plug in what you want to search for.
  4. Run Search

Poof! Instant search function! (not easy to use, but it works)

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 13:37 UTC

coff coff Phicksur using the google to do the search XD (ii only use this method to search for databases of site) well the site is being updated after that will come the forum you only need to wait if they dont put it , use the method that Phicksur have tell it will work.

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 13:38 UTC

Or you could do something remarkably similar with something less privacy invasive, like duckduckgo - or as previously mentioned, just slap wget into crawler mode.

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 13:47 UTC

Hi!

This is definitely on the 'to do' list for added features to the forum. We're working on it!

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:09 UTC

Seems it is there, the folks involved are just too competent to realise: https://asgardia.space/en/forum/search/

My bad, I didn't actually test it's function, it's non-functional.

Updated  on Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 14:17 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time