Aug 14, 17 / Lib 02, 01 14:42 UTC

Struggling To Upload My File.  

I would like to upload a code library that I wrote. The nearest match was the text option. Unfortunately the forum formats the code, which breaks it: formatting is part of the syntax. The code is here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/180467-arrayworkshop/ I have since made a couple of small modifications to the comments to make it more understandable. The file extension is .au3, but it can be changed to .txt. It won't run without the AutoIt interpreter and does absolutlely nothing if not integrated into a program, but it can still be read by anyone interested. To view the full code, click the expand button (or popup) in the text area on the page linked to above. Any suggestions on how I can upload this file?

Last edited by:  Nicholas Wilkinson (Asgardian)  on Aug 14, 17 / Lib 02, 01 15:15 UTC, Total number of edits: 9 times
Reason: Instruction added - how to view the code

Aug 14, 17 / Lib 02, 01 17:34 UTC

I could create an image of the file content, but bloat in space is totally unacceptable. It would exceed file size limits. This is one of the reasons I chose to upload a code library: it could even be useful.

Last edited by:  Nicholas Wilkinson (Asgardian)  on Aug 15, 17 / Lib 03, 01 07:41 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Aug 15, 17 / Lib 03, 01 07:37 UTC

C'mon techs, it can't be that hard to provide the option to upload a plain text file. I certainly don't intend to retype the whole thing. The problem is that extra line breaks are automatically inserted into the code when I paste it into your online editor. If that auto-formatting feature can be turned off then please remind me how. Personally I don't consider this to be the best solution: a simple file upload option would be best.

Last edited by:  Nicholas Wilkinson (Asgardian)  on Aug 15, 17 / Lib 03, 01 07:43 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time