Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 23:14 UTC

A Call for your Vote  

I am applying for a position of leadership for many reasons. My biggest reason being I want to be a part of something that will be in our future. Asgardia isn't just some idea made by hopeful citizen's on earth. It's a idea to unite the world in space. The world is fractured, but Space doesn't need to be. Asgardia to me is a beacon of equality and a place where every human is equal. I've been following the developments of Asgardia closely, and when I heard about this plan of asking for leaders I knew I had to step up and try to join. I want to make a difference in this new space nation, I want to be able to help pass laws, and make sure the nation moves forward in a way that doesn't just benefit one group. This nation cannot be the nation's of earth, divided and unequal. I will help make sure every race and age have some say in this government. My family has a history of being in leadership positions in various entities, I am proud of what they've done, and always have thought myself as more of a leader than a follower from leading a boy scouts group, to joining various leadership clubs in school, to always having a voice, one who could lead by example and get things done.

To many I may be young, but the future is in our youth, and I can bring many ideas that the older generations won't have. I can bring a voice for the new generation of adults. Asgardia is a new idea, and by the time we have a space station, I may be much older but I will have followed it since the beginning. I will have been one of the beginning who voted for the name, who voted for the constitution, who voted for our flag, our anthem, our symbol. I will make sure everyone has voice, much different from how it's in our governments today. Asgardia makes every citizen have voice, and I will amplify that to the top levels. No one will be unheard.

The Youth of this world are underestimated, this is not the time of past, where the old knew everything, and the young knew nothing. This is the time of Youth, where the young have more to say than ever. We weren't just educated by books, we were educated by people, people we see everyday, and not just in the real world. The internet isn't just some place we escape to, we learn much from it. We have news right at our fingertips, we get immediate reports about tragedies around the world, about policies being implemented by the government. About the good deeds performed by average citizens. We can look up anything we want, we can see our past, present, and future. The reason you see more young on the streets fighting for what they believe in, harder than any younger generation before is simple. We've seen the world clearer than any before, and we don't like it, this world we live in, this world we must live in for the decades longer is ravaged and torn. We're here to make a difference, and a difference is what I'm here to make. I will fight to make sure Asgardia does not become what has happened to our earth nations, if you give me your vote, I will make sure it doesn't.

“This world demands the qualities of youth: not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease.” — Robert Kennedy.

I hope that many of you feel the way that I feel and will vote for me to help make a change. Even if I get nothing, I will still be here, and try to make a change, and help Asgardia become a true Space Nation.

To be clear, I know I cannot become a member of parliament, even if they amended Article 33.3 to my suggestion of 25 instead of 40. But I can still become an Ambassador, which is still a significant voice in Asgardia, they're a direct line to the higher leaders.

VOTE HERE - https://asgardia.space/en/blog/candidate/458684-6084-future-leaders/

Last edited by:  Devin Regan (Asgardian)  on Jun 18, 17 / Leo 01, 01 11:54 UTC, Total number of edits: 4 times
Reason: Added more information.

Jun 18, 17 / Leo 01, 01 11:36 UTC

I thought I did state my reasons, but I can add more to it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 00:04 UTC

Bump! Still asking for votes, ask any questions you want also!

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 04:58 UTC

I am aditya from indonesia, your statement is totally united and makes sense to me, and just as you say that if I have any questions than I can ask, then now I want to ask you some questions. How will you build this Nation, as we know it is a nation that will be in outer space. It is as we know it is very unlikely to be able to the availability of oxygen, water and soil, even the possibility there will be no material that can be used to build public facilities and infrastructure. If so if you are chosen then where will you bring it all and how can you convince us all for success to create it all.

Yours sincerely

Agardia- peace on earth and peace in the heavens

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 02:28 UTC

That's a good question. While I by no means will be the only one building the nation, it always starts with one person. I hope we can all work together and find out a way to build something in space. For now we need to focus on setting up the government, which is the big thing we need before we work on building actual things in outerspace. Hopefully in the near future we can get to space and the space station dreamed of much quicker, and cheaper. Many people will have lots of questions before moving into space and it makes sense. We will have to establish something on earth before we do anything in space, where that would be is a great question. Countries that are more open would make it easier to do something in their country, or if we buy some piece of land. America is a big hub, lots of resources, and more open laws. It would be one of the easiest places to build from, and if we hire competent people, or get help from Asgardians with trade skills then it will go much better.

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 05:27 UTC

Very well written! If I were in your region, you'd get my vote.