Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 20:31 UTC

Unanswered questions about the "Trendsetter" and "Ambassador" CV/Résumé/references requirements  

The day after we all received this letter titled "Nominating Yourself - Important explanation" in which was mentioned:

"In addition, if you’re submitting for the level of Trendsetter, you must send you CV/resume, and for the level of Ambassador, you must send your CV/resume plus two references to elections@asgardia.space."

I sent to the aforementioned email address the following email, which, to this day, hasn't received any answer (questions in bold):

"Dear volunteers at the election Committee,
I would love to have answers about these questions. Can you please advise? It would really help understand what is expected to be found on the CV/résumé requested:
– Debutant and Strategist Rights have been clearly defined in the 24th of June letter; can you help me understand the Rights and surely Duties of the Trendsetter?
same question about Ambassador?
Could you explain which type of references is expected to be sent alongside the CV/résumé to apply for Ambassadorship?
Thank you in advance for clarifying these questions.
You're doing a great job!
IvanR
https://asgardia.space/en/blog/candidate/738476-8930-why-not-to-start-with-changing-the-constitution/"

As it seems that candidacies will soon be confirmed and that some candidates have already sent their résumés, am I missing out any info concerning my questions or should I just send whatever I think suitable with my own (hopefully good) judgement?

Any input appreciated!

Jul 9, 17 / Leo 22, 01 00:20 UTC

Anyone an answer?

Jul 10, 17 / Leo 23, 01 10:50 UTC

I'm experiencing the same. I have emailed elections@asgardia.space (June 27th) and have yet to receive any answers or even acknowledgement of my questions.
Hopefully you receive answers as these are valid questions and deserve to be answered. Surely roles, duties and responsibilities would have been mapped out before the elections started so that those applying for the positions have a clearer understanding of what they're submitting to.

Good luck!!
Brendan Taylor

Jul 10, 17 / Leo 23, 01 12:25 UTC

Elections for ambassador is not yet available. What information were you looking for in particular? 

Jul 10, 17 / Leo 23, 01 12:34 UTC

Regarding the questions mentioned about the resume - it would help to understand that the levels correspond to local, regional and national positions. The positions requiring a CV and references are very important political positions. Therefore it is necessary for the candidates to be knowledgeable in certain areas in order to adequately fullfil their duties and responsibilities. 

Jul 10, 17 / Leo 23, 01 13:00 UTC

I like to think of them like human resource directors.

At the local level, you can manage a small number of people. These locals report to the regionals, which then report to the nationals. They don't actually have any authority, but they are likely to be expected to know the people for which they are responsible.

Is this a close approximation of what you may understand, Zahira?

JHD

Jul 12, 17 / Leo 25, 01 06:38 UTC

Zahira, those "certain areas" you mention candidates must be knowledgeable in are the details I think these people are asking for. If you have a set list of criteria beyond the garnering of votes one must have for these positions, it seems to stand to reason people should know what those are before attempting to run for any of them. As with any other position one may hope to interview or run for, depending on the arena one chooses, those doing the interviewing or running know the qualifications required for the position they are seeking and thus if doing so is really a realistic goal for him or her. This, however, seems to be cloaked in mystery and some doubts are being cast as to if the voting process even really matters at all or if it is the CV/resume that decides it in the end anyway. I am not a doom and gloom kind of guy, so my opinion remains uncast as yet which is true, but a lot of people are just asking for a little clarification. Even those not running seem to be seeking a better understanding of the Trendsetter and Ambassador roles and what qualifications Asgardia is seeking for each, though especially the former for now, so they can better understand which candidates are better suited to such roles. 

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 21:08 UTC

It is important to note that the references mean you are going to be taken seriously and formally by the Nation. A debutant is probably more like a local community association worker. Now in Canada we don't mind, but the USA has laws about nationality in foreign governments. Though Asgardia is not yet an accepted nation, you USA people please look into this for your and the Nations protection. No one needs bad press.