Mar 4, 17 / Ari 07, 01 21:06 UTC

Civic.Asgardia submissions 2017A update  

Hello everyone,

We have had three awesome submissions in this round of project proposals! We are now looking for people to work with the project leads of each submission to develop the project proposal further before it gets sent off to Asgardia Official for the stamp of approval.

The projects are as follows:

Asgardia Health Literacy Project https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6qnfQSIVVyNQjZkOE9ZZzNxQVE/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

Monthly Q and A session https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cLqIclq3PhA-o5lDUoLC2SVcw60I0ts4BzuI7lpxG1s/edit?usp=sharing

Asgardia Civic IT https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f1nq0tHQkmuZr6X9bPLXPSm4lG9IhIpEDHNoIQJyRNA/edit?usp=sharing

If you like the look of any of these projects, please send us a one page resume, and include why you would like to be a part of the project to volunteers@asgardia.space

Be sure to include 2017A[project name] in the title of your email.

Please note that the projects will not be developed until official has signed off on them.

Regards, Dominic Sturt Civic.Asgardia Projects Coordinator

Last edited by:  Dominic Sturt (Asgardian)  on Mar 7, 17 / Ari 10, 01 23:40 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 09:39 UTC

If we are already involved in the project is it still necessary to send a resume in? And what kind of time line are we looking at before the Proposals are officially submitted?

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 17:19 UTC

The Asgardia Civic IT approach will fail. You need 3 stages and a collaboration environment to prevent time gaps, inefficient code management, and time waste. An ACIT without real responsibilities and no pressure is also an initial downgrade of an efficient team. Measured on what has been done here in the past and what should be done and what is recommended, there will be also a huge gap of knowledge and experience between those who operate at the ACIT then and those who operate at AIRC-IT now. A gap that can only be closed with a strong (contracted) doubly linked dual project lead team that ensures high-quality code, standards loyalty, best practice and strong security, overseen by technology evangelists. It is a bit more complex as you propose.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 17:33 UTC

@nihylum, this project is just in the beginning stages of creation. Trying to work with systems and teams globally without access is hard enough. As this nation builds, so will our support structures. The project is to help create an interim between Official and current mod/admin teams. I imagine that slowly we will be separating ourselves from AIRT, and will need out own structured team working 24/7. But until that happens, we're working with what we have access to and can manage.

I'd like to invite you to join our project team if you are interested. We could use all the help when it gets approval. There is a link in this thread to the Discord channel for you to join, if you would like. https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/technology-104/topic/could-starting-an-asgardian-citizen-based-it-team-be-a-possibility-2531/?page=5

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:00 UTC

I am sorry, I am not interested in working at a 10%-transparency division without open proposals and citizen-first basis. The actual form of Asgardia Civic needs a lot of work and reorientation to be efficient and rewarding for professionals. I also received enough signals that Asgardia Civic wouldn't like to have me as part of any (sub-)division of them.

So, time will change this earlier or sooner, when that had been done, I might change my current decision.

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 18:03 UTC

I can respect your feelings and your views. Should those change in the future, the offer will still be there. I would look forward to working with you.

Mar 10, 17 / Ari 13, 01 11:31 UTC

Hi Asgardia, i just joined Asgardia Health Literacy Project

I hope And looking forward to we can work together in this project.

Thanks you all for this information.

Mar 19, 17 / Ari 22, 01 16:35 UTC

Can someone clarify for me the role of Data searchers (Computer/Internet proficiency, ability to read and comprehend English, knowledge of multiple languages a plus.)?

Also I'm still confused about the steps in joining the team what do I need to do ...etc.

Thank you.

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 17:21 UTC

Hi Don!

If you're interested in participating in one of the projects and would like more information, please send us a one page resume, and include why you would like to be a part of the project to volunteers@asgardia.space

Kind regards, Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Mar 26, 17 / Tau 01, 01 16:18 UTC

I will also take active part in Ásgardia health literacy project' I served in india as physical instructor for education I have got yoga training also having certificates concern. thanks.

May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 00:56 UTC

I've read the other proposals, and bid you all good luck. This is not a written proposal; it is "off the record", and yet some of the insights might influence the future of earth and the nation of Asgardia.   | https://youtu.be/rtrWHDLcI5g

Jun 13, 17 / Can 24, 01 07:13 UTC

Hi DominicSturt,

I'm not able to access the Asgardia Civic IT document you posted.

I've requested viewing permission via google docs.

Kind Regards, Temir

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 18:53 UTC

Are these programs still in the works? I like the health literacy program. I'm a medical professional with experience in health promotion and possess an MBA in Healthcare Management. I would like to know if this is an active project prior to sending the email. Thank you!