Feb 15, 17 / Pis 18, 01 18:04 UTC

Re: Special Committee: Asgardia Mobile Application Development - Community Input  

There have been some fantastic ideas floating around. Now, on a theoretical level, any and all information recorded by technology about you can be extrapolated and added to a jigsaw puzzle picture of who you are. But our favorite big tech companies are doing that anyway. As this is an app we're talking about, I'm assuming it will be for most of us a mobile app? This should mean that any login security measures will always(okay so not always, but most of the time) be compromised at that point anyway (users are always weakest security link). And being on a mobile, your data is always at risk anyway.

Security is only really an issue if you're going to add personal data that is key to who you are. Take for example LinkedIn; while someone may be able to extrapolate my age based off of my work / school history, more info would still be needed to get my exact day of birth (unfortunately, Facebook and other social sites give that sort of stuff way too easy, comparatively). Someone suggested a location feature for the app, which I think would be fantastic idea, but how that's implemented is what could make it a security issue: GPS locator means someone could utilize it for tracking in real time without proper end security, but a field that is filled out which just adds a static dot to a map that indicates who is where minimizes security risks in real time. I guess where I'm going with this is that security is important, no doubt. But we dont have to create a secret society black box device if the information being sent is either public knowledge or not key to who we are. Easy check for that is literally asking the question "if someone got this piece of information what is something evil or nefarious they could do with it?".

Feb 17, 17 / Pis 20, 01 23:32 UTC

Hey,

I have read many interesting ideas here, as well as very sensible cautions; however, the latter would have to be put into perspective with the talks going on regarding our need for military forces and such, where it has been argued that we may not need one as long as we do not offend anyone. On Earth, we only seek peace; in space, the "The space nation" title might seem a little belligerant but I have read (and do agree with the fact) that any "offended" nation able to reach us would be advanced enough to know it should not.
The other mentioned negative point is data collection / reduced privacy; that I do not mind, and should I ever start minding, I expect I wouldn't be using any app (or even "smart" phone) by then.

So with that in mind, I would love, knowing the risks, my GPS location be dispatched for neighbouring Asgardia members to potentially spot me so we can have some nice time talking about our new nation! =)

The features I want from a mobile app that has acces to the Asgardia database:
- Location tracking and being able to spot nearby Asgardians.
- A messaging system.
- A way to reach out to important Asgardia people / instances (my local representatives, Asgardia ministries, etc).

Regarding who develops the actual app, it does not have to be Asgardia itself. The way I often see this play out is the government (in this case, Asgardia) sends out a request for proposal then groups / companies able to answer send their proposals; Asgardia then picks one of these and works closely with them to produce the app.

Last edited by:  Houzefa Abbasbhay (Asgardian)  on Feb 17, 17 / Pis 20, 01 23:35 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 18, 17 / Pis 21, 01 13:13 UTC

it is a great idea, I think we need to have a tool that can make announcement easier

Feb 24, 17 / Pis 27, 01 08:51 UTC

An app to connect Asgardians would be great. I think a nice addition to the app would be a counter feed that updates every XX number of seconds counting how many Asgardians there are. Also of course, provide news and updates of Asgardia as the new space nation grows and gains traction.

Feb 24, 17 / Pis 27, 01 10:26 UTC

Сделайте встроенный в приложение переводчик, для общения.

Make the application's built-in interpreter to communicate

MOD EDIT:
This post has been translated using Google Translate (https://translate.google.com/). Please keep this in mind that this forum uses English as a base language at this moment, however you are able to use your native language in the Regional (https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/regions-36/) forum that applies to you.
- Jason Rainbow 24 February 2017 @ 19:51

Last edited by:  Jason Rainbow (Global Admin, Global Mod, Asgardian)  on Feb 24, 17 / Pis 27, 01 19:51 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Providing English Translation

Feb 27, 17 / Ari 02, 01 15:30 UTC

Would an Internet-voting portal be acceptable?

Mar 1, 17 / Ari 04, 01 03:56 UTC

Hello, i'd like to know if you're developing a more complete Spanish version on this website. It will be help to many people doesn't speak englis understand more the diferents contents on this plataform. Thank you so much.

Mar 2, 17 / Ari 05, 01 16:45 UTC

I think there should be a special circle for everyone.Through this circle, we us will be connected to each other.And these circles form a larger circle, eventually all the people connected. Although we are based on Space,we should have a home for our own.Now thanks to the Internet,we could build a virtual world or a virtual city for us.I know today computer technology still have a lot to develop,but in the future,it maybe a strong power,While VR or others became more and more ripen. The app should have strict political structure.Everyone could find his position.And Everyone could get goals and direction in it.

Mar 4, 17 / Ari 07, 01 01:38 UTC

Hello!

Thank you everyone for your input on this thread. You have given us quite a bit of input on this initiative and what Asgardian's seem to want for a mobile application.

We will be closing this topic so it can be compiled into a document for the committee to review and put together a proposal for Asgardia Official.

If you would like to volunteer to be on the committee, please see the topic in this forum for instructions on how to apply.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia