Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 09:02 UTC

Re: Special Committee: Technology For Everyone Program - Community Input  

Hi all i think we need something like that, https://www.futurelearn.com/ this could be the path to follow for the future learning process of all human beings, we can copy the idea of learning things online with several coruses. All the people with a computer and internet can learn and they can learn things when they need or when they want, without being in a classroom. Indeed we must think about how to reach every person and who will make the couses. It's good to see that there's a lot of people that think big, in this time I think we are making history, we are so different each others and this is beautiful and amazing because we are all thinking as one, about human unity, peace progress and future. I hope that our unity and the birth of a space nation will arouse public opinion, economy, and nations about our common heritage and our future challenges, for example survive and prosper as human race

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 10:21 UTC

Hi, I think it is a very good idea. I, personally need some training in technology. I have only a small notebook but I think I could do more with it if I know what to do.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 10:30 UTC

Maker Space!! trianned 3D printer people to fix make invent

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 10:37 UTC

No more hardware store say hello to the 3d print store or shop "come in we have any thing made out of plastic "

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 11:42 UTC

Not just plastic. We can build hardware that can build other things then network that ability together to build better things faster, cheaper. For our own purpose, and for resale.

Training technology is almost assuredly possible with existing hardware, to a point - unless you're after some specific direction requiring unique hardware, say developing TEMPEST resistant hardware. Knowing what to do prequisites knowing what you'd want to do - once you know the goal that gives you a solid direction for research. Lets say I'm going to build a giant robot ant - a little research into similar things would pop up "hexy" which is a nice little open source solution - and provide some nice hardware and software ideas that are already working to work from.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 15:19 UTC

Is this a personal agenda rebeka? Or an Asgardia official project? Whilst I am all for helping shouldn't the focus be on actually getting everyone in one place getting sanctioned and all.. not continue been an online community? And don't we have more work to do? For starters like getting this forum working properly and more conveniently? And shouldn't you also leave the fb post open for comments?

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 15:56 UTC

There's no reason to move from an "online community" - especially as we're unlikely to have phyical assets suitable for otherwise within the next few decades. Even more so considering the vastness of space suggesting occupation of near Earth to be just a starting point.

Yes, there's definitely more prominent tasks to be concerning ourselves with - like the sane deployment of services. Done right, this should account for everything else, pretty much. It will at least facilitate it if not directly provide for.

And no, FB shouldn't really be encouraged for use. It's dangerous, ignoring all the previous examples of being unable to trust the data filtered through that service, those that are quite frankly too hard of thinking to be able to see why it's dangerous shouldn't be encouraged to stick spikes into the bat being built to hit them with.

Updated  on Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 15:57 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 16:29 UTC

Great initiative. I'm sure I would be among those who have a lot yet to learn.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 19:28 UTC

Great program! I would like to receive updates for technology systems, and help others in future programs.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 22:32 UTC

There is no reason to solely make this an online thing, I think trianing the future Asgardians in 3D printers and problem solving for use of that 3D printer, is a good idea and having an App that allows us to connect much easier will unite us! I make and build at local maker spaces, and having our own Asgarda App will make sharing that info to the world easier!

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 22:51 UTC

I'm a little bit confused as to what is being asked for. Tech for everyone is a bit of a broad agenda, and there are a lot of open source or market ready solutions that could be utilized. We could start from scratch and dev everything ourselves I'm sure, but here's some of the projects that are currently out there already.

• EyeR is right, there are a lot of open source options for lots of software. Tutorials are everywhere too. Doesnt mean we couldnt do our own though I suppose. There are also some great services already out there that allow for in depth training like Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/ which provides online classes in lots of different areas.

For Open source hardware check out the Global Village Construction Set (OSE) project : http://opensourceecology.org/ . They're trying to open source 50 machines that we would require to rebuild civilization as we know it.

For computers (cheaper options) someone already mentioned the Rasberry Pi: https://www.raspberrypi.org/ , but if someone was so inclined they could utilize something like the Pine 64: https://www.pine64.org/ and create an all in one unit possibly.

For Internet Connection, the only thing I've been able to find that might be useful to this conversation is Outernet, https://outernet.is/ , which seems to be a limited bandwidth via radio waves from satellite option. Which if we're planning on launching satellites sooner rather than later might be something we could work with them or dev our own.

P.S. - not trying to push any of these products, I'm just trying to provide known examples.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 23:13 UTC

Looking towards the future in general, many years from now; I see people who are well versed in 3D to be very busy - both in planning projects, pre-construction, simulations, 3D-channel programming with data streams, machine learning, particle collision and frequencies classification and modifications; - things like that. I have been working in 3D since 2000 - so, 17 years and it takes a long time to learn - the sooner more groups use this type of interface, the better. Personally, I have often thought of creating classrooms where the sole-focus is on working in 3D software. Like with Blender 3D and Python - the possibilities are endless in how those two notable softwares can utilize streams of data to "drive" things in 3D and VR. This is going to be a big skill in the years ahead.

Posted in wrong category. Sorry. Going to leave it though :)

Updated  on Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 23:14 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 03:43 UTC

I would like to offer my services to teach technology, computer and business courses. I teach at college level but also teach the Workforce Development community (including seniors and teenagers). These small classes can be arranged at the local libraries (in some way).

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 03:47 UTC

That's good idea!
I think everyone should be have a opportunity to receive training.
I'm still study economic and accounting in university,but I'm glad to offer what I know and would like to receive training.

Last edited by:  weichao wu (Asgardian)  on Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 04:14 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 03:51 UTC

Morning,

I am able to help assist either in the purchasing of technology and/or the teaching, I agree with the comments posted already that as we teach not only to all, but mainly to the children/teenagers of the world as they are our future, and teaching them also about asgardia will help in their future of making free choices :).