Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 03:51 UTC

Re: Special Committee: Technology For Everyone Program - Community Input  

Morning,

I am able to help assist either in the purchasing of technology and/or the teaching, I agree with the comments posted already that as we teach not only to all, but mainly to the children/teenagers of the world as they are our future, and teaching them also about asgardia will help in their future of making free choices.

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 03:52 UTC

none deleted

Last edited by:  John Guarino (Asgardian)  on Feb 11, 17 / Pis 14, 01 19:46 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 04:18 UTC

I second "EyeR" regarding the use of a Raspberry Pi but I recommend version 3 (which has all the ports and wifi, speed, etc) it's only $35! add a keyboard and mouse (which can be had for almost free, if purchased in quantity) and an old monitor and you have 1GHz computer that can even run MAME games.
Also a more powerful mini computer the "Asus Tinker Board" will soon be in production...

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 04:36 UTC

I agree with "Romani" regarding teaching and learning... I believe "Teach and be Taught" should be one of the mottos for teaching in Asgardia. Well as many teachers and instructors know, when you teach your are actually learning. Instructors in Asgardia should teach, but also attend classes of their peers.

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 06:08 UTC

agree with john, teach & b taught, that's share ^^. different views emerge when ppl in different observing point, accepted or ignored, most of time things r more than 3d, having many different facets, we share our observing data 2 form hologram of things, everyone get more precise idea of the fact. new ideas & new tools promote each other, both help expand ppl's vision & ability. not know if genie of aladdin lamp build asgardian castle in space(does it?), thought should b asgardians build it all by oneself, project-driven is best teach & learn. knowledge storage is important, but thinking up solution is also important, apply the knowledge to solutions & better solutions, & acquire new knowledge during the project.

Feb 4, 17 / Pis 07, 01 13:49 UTC

I didn't read most of the previous proposals, so forgive me if I say something that has been already discussed.

I think that we should create an internet site where asgardians can input their curriculum and where anyone can create and share knowledge according to what they are capable of. For example I study astronomy, and in my spare time I could make video-lessons where I talk about basic astronomy and astrophysics, or encyclopedia-like pages.
This way people could have free access to knowledge in any field that others already covered, from advanced mathematics to cooking.
To ensure that what is posted in this hypothetical "knowledge-library" is correct and unambiguous I think that there should also be some sort of review process, where other people that have experience in that field can look at the content and point out any flaws or errors, and an administrative team that takes the necessary actions about it (like suspend the content until the creator corrects it) and that ensures that this process isn't abused.

Last edited by:  Matteo Peron (Asgardian)  on Feb 4, 17 / Pis 07, 01 13:50 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times

Feb 4, 17 / Pis 07, 01 16:22 UTC

Greetings! I decided to make the offers in the Technology For Everyone Program - Community. Identifies several points: 1. Financial endowment fund 2. Free mobile telephony and Internet by satellite. And as all will be to maintain a single operator Asgardian. 3. The creation of a single web portal where asgardtsy be able to specify all their skills, abilities, skills and knowledge. Photobank. 4. The creation of the mail server. Creating a video server (Youtube). 5. Create a computer operating system for Asgard citizens on all types of devices. 6. Employment Service and the analysis of the population. 7. Learning portal - which is available in online mode, language training, translation of texts, comprehensive information. To be able to receive primary, secondary and special education for everyone Asgardians, which were below the poverty line. 8. Portal more professional development designed for software developers, academics physicists and mathematicians, lawyers, astrologers and many other scientists. It is necessary to unite professionals and developers the ability to put together systems.

Updated  on Feb 4, 17 / Pis 07, 01 23:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 4, 17 / Pis 07, 01 19:56 UTC

1. How would you propose to fill this fund, and how to measure deservedness for removal of funds?
  2. How would you propose to solve the line of sight problems caused in most urban areas? how would you propose to solve the bandwidth limitations from mass use? how would you propose to get the infrastructure in place to make this happen? taking into account how most of the geostatic belt is heavily populated. To assume you're intending on bypassing the traditional network entirely and creating individual uplinks, how are you proposing to get this technology into the hands of every Asgardian?
  3. There should be a portal, but that's all it should be - a portal - the individual services accessible via are and should be considered seperated. With regards to input of such data, you may be interested in: https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/resource-acquisition-and-management-86/topic/people-are-our-greatest-resource-440/
  4. There's already a mail server, I just think they used 3'rd party services because they have no clue what they are doing and have no care to the problems they cause.
  5. It'd be "better" to simply use an existing open source solution, and create a "spin" with applicable theming and software payload. Considering the struggle a website has proven itself to be, I don't think it's sensible to expect an OS to appear. Or to use.
  6. Various facets of the population should require monitoring in order that it can be provided for, but I don't think "employment" is one of them. Considering the current trend in automation, and the increasing lack of employment opertunities I'd not expect this trend to discontinue. Concpets like employment will be vastly outdated by the time we're actually accounting for our population.
  7. See 3. Educational opertunities should be availble universally, there should be no "measure" involved.
  8. See 3. Professionals should need little more than a text editor to actually do development, unless starting towards specific tools for specific tasks.
  Updated  on Feb 4, 17 / Pis 07, 01 19:59 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: Formatting fail, typo

Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 14:33 UTC

Create your own mobile and Internet service provider, as well as the operating system for the Asgard devices necessary for safety reasons. Will it be paid or free of charge - is another question. This would exclude the possibility of introducing the interests of any of the states on the planet earth. Modern systems and devices equipped with search sensors, spyware, and so we tied the individual companies from different countries development. The Internet today is not free. Mobile phones have spyware. I'm talking about information that is tracked, which falls into the database. Having our own software country - we do not feel the information dependence from leading companies. And also it will be easier to develop code under its own system and also control security. The focus is put on security single space. I support the fact that the programming code may be open, except for security programs. But security in the country should have its own. I would suggest another idea that no it does not lie in the world order, but it can give full independence - the creation of its own currency, which will not be sent to float freely, but will be converted on such a course, which will set the main bank of the country.

Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 15:23 UTC

Creating your own "mobile and internet service provider" is not an overly poor suggestion within itself, but how would you propose this actually happen? It will involve a massive investment on infrastructure - when I was looking to setup as an ISP about ten, fifteen years ago sinking £1,800,000 would of only just bought enough equipment to serve my local area. Sure exchanges have increased in capacities since then, but to remain competitive(not in terms of price wars, in terms of data capacities) then we'll need to be deploying upper end hardware. Then you have all sorts of regulations you must conform to requiring extra hardware - you need to minimally archive the metadata of your customers traffic for about five years or so in a lot of places for example. Then there's the licensing costs etc. Then you need technitions to actually admin the services, they tend to want payment. There's a massive list, and when you've worked through it you can actually start and then find real problems like the average citizen will likely not have an independant line installed so we'll still be moving our traffic through the conventional networks and accruing charges for doing so.

3G hardware is getting cheap as most companies are ditching theirs to install 4G. This could be snatched up at reduced cost, but would still represent a significant investment to cover one small country, let alone every country with citizens in, to a saturation that would actually be useful. Then there's the deployment. This need locating and providing with power. It might be possible to rent space on other's masts but can't assure this everywhere. Then ofc there's the associated regulations, licenses etc, and the maintainence of this network, ie: technitions etc.

This doesn't bypass the possibility of foriegn states or their spywares, that's mostly in the user's hardware. For some reason they thought it clever to fund the development of this so they are now reaping the rewards of their lack of thinking. They should give themselves a round of applause. The software is another issue entirely, and not really sensible to encompass until you've secured the hardware. Thanks to initiatives like CALEA then most base station hardware isn't entirely trustable either.

Even securty programs can be open sourced - if that represents some sort of threat then your security model is obvioiusly flawed and this would be unsafe to deploy. Really before worrying about software you want to create trustable hardware. Then you stand some chance of the software being able to operate securely.

In the long term scheme of things currency simply doesn't make sense - it's just a retardation imposed upon by the current environment that we only require to deal with by virtue of being in that environment. To actually have a realistic chance of providing long term mass residential habitational facilities then the only feasible method of appropriating for would involve tapping the infinite resources of the universe. When we're at this stage there's nothing that Earth has we should need. Therefore we do not need their currency.

Having a currency of our own is pretty useless, both long and short term as we'd only be able to trade between ourselves with, and really that'd make more sense to take place in the local currencies so the people involved can actually spend it. There's no viable reason why any Earth nation should accept our currency. Now or in the future. Trade to obtain things from them would naturally take place in their currencies. When we can provide for our populations habitation then we should have no need for currency by virtue of having an exponentially growing pile of resources that we really can't use fast enough - even with just giving Earth anything it wants.

Updated  on Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 15:28 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Additional data

Feb 6, 17 / Pis 09, 01 03:04 UTC

I think the Raspberi Pi is better(Windows 10 can install in it too),cuz its very cheap,if some Asgardians have no much money to buy a new hardware.they can buy raspberry pi only $5 or $35.and I think the Linux can be our main OS .anytime ,we can learn or use C or Python maybe

Last edited by:  Bin Yang (Asgardian)  on Feb 6, 17 / Pis 09, 01 03:05 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 6, 17 / Pis 09, 01 04:55 UTC

lol, win10. That's funny.

The zero would be about $4 and the Pi3 would be about $35 - there's two distinct power levels there. The $4 thing isn't going to be up for a great deal - but should be plenty to compose some email or a spot of light browsing.

We should have no "main OS" - any software we build should be OS agnostic then it'll run on anything. We shouldn't be reinforcing borders, or limits.

Feb 6, 17 / Pis 09, 01 10:50 UTC

A new OS makes sense if we have specific hardware standards to implement (and even with that, not so necessary). A cheap hardware and a linux-bsd based OS fits perfectly with the definition "tech for everyone", both in economical and teaching aspects: just by that you learn how an operative system work (at least a unix based one). The remaining ideas are all good, but they need funds

Feb 6, 17 / Pis 09, 01 11:42 UTC

So better to create cross-platform applications!

Feb 6, 17 / Pis 09, 01 11:52 UTC

Sure , this is a consequence