Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 17:50 UTC

Asgardian hackers call  

Hello,

We need to create a citizen's organization of hackers to help Asgardia. There are a few issues at hand that need our specialized attention, IMHO.

The website has issues (slowness, unstable, not secure enough). I think we can work together and make it better. I have a few ideas on how to solve some of the issues for the website. Among other things we could either use cloudflare or something like it. On the other hand, we could implement smart caching techniques on NginX and use memcache/redis or something to stop using the DB so much. 

There is a constitution and we need to follow it's changes on a wiki or git repo. I have a fairly good idea on how to do the latter. 

We need a wiki, definitely. The website, as it is, won't cut it. You know this. 

We can get much better and cheaper service and servers.com, I am sure of this. Google Cloud is much better for having servers instances. It is easy to use, snapshot, resize and backup. Besides, it is much cheaper.

I do this for a living: https://evalinux.com/. I am happy to collaborate with anyone that wants to have a better communication infrastructure for our new nation.

So, for now, I will be using an IRC channel at Freenode; unnoficial, unregistered and un-everything. The, already created, #asgardia IRC channel at euIRC: https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/general-discussion-14/topic/asgardia-community-on-irc-886/?post=3169 seems abandoned and it was intended to be of general interest. This channel will not be like that; it is intended for devs, hackers, admins and any in-betweens. Might, just as well, use gitter... I dunno...

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 18:40 UTC

May I direct you to the Asgardia Civics IT unit? They even have a discord channel.

I am unsure where their thread it, but Leo_Marquie is very involved in it.

YNG

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 19:27 UTC

@Phicksur -- thanks for the shout out!

@Renich -- I've been working with a team currently to see if we can bridge a gap between Official IT and Asgardia. Currently we have only been working with projects that have been approved. We've helped to work on creating a graphics overly, and we're currently waiting on approval to start creating an Asgardian App. We'd be happy to have you aboard. Right now, what you can do is email your resume, (I know...) to volunteers@asgardia.space. I'll see what I can do about possibly posting our Civics IT Discord channel to talk a little easier.

Leo