Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 00:20 UTC

Re: Community App  

And i suggest that you consider adding strong cryptography to the app or the software bundle that you should develop

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 00:22 UTC

I think an app to connect the Asgardian community is a great idea. However, in order to maintain privacy and independence, it should be run on a private server created and maintained by Asgardia. After all, big brother is watching (NSA), amongst others.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 00:46 UTC

As of today, there's no benefits. There's just as many tomorrow. There's even less benefits when in ten years time, concepts like "windows apps" "iphone apps" and "android apps" are simply reduced(again) to "software" and regardless of ecosystem, this software executes. Individual compiles for hardware architectures may still apply(say Arm/x86_64), but it'll all be from the same source. Without the need for per-platform adjustments. Even M$ have started dipping toes into the open source world. This landscape is changing for the better.

As to the cons...

That's another thing to assist entrapment of the user into the closed wall garden of their chosen spyware device vendor. Wasted time and effort in development that could of been spent on something practical. Another set of code to require long term maintainence. Potentially for each platform served. It's another facet in which security can be breached. One assumes "app" would denote a portable device - and as such that's easier to pick up and walk off with. Such devices are rarely secured in any significant fashion that will prevent data extraction.

There's likely plenty more "wrong", I just can't be bothered to think about it.

Top: If you can't use a normal browser, how would you expect the user to of gotten this far? Seriously, who doesn't have a browser nowadays? Those with monochrome flipphones would be just as disadvantaged with an "app". A casual glance at the traffic sent from the server during a page refresh suggests that anything HTML complient should be jiggy. There should be no browsers that are not HTML complient.

When it comes to plans, there is no "before time". Unless there are undetermined variables you would require resolved in order to make sensible plans.

An "app" would be no better at translating content, than a website itself.

What do satellites have to do with the price of fish?

(Public)"cloud" based infrastructure is about as insecure at it's possible to get, if for no other reason the multiple distributed copies of data you are not in control over. Even if that data is encrypted, then having 15,000 copies just reduces the crack time. It makes no difference to the algorithym if it's being run on one machine or distributed across thousands. I see no practical benefit to distributing such processing across a large number of units, with any possible speed increase offset by transaction negotiations between cores.

The site could use a PM mechanism - but really, why not deploy a real comms protocol, like XMPP. It's open source, well tested - rock solid and reliable, and can handle anything you can squeeze into an XML stanza. It natively handles SSL(well, TLS) and readily layers with GPG and or OTR for privacy/authenticity purposes. Supports text, vid, voice, etc. Handles 1:1 or 1:many and many:many comms. It would be trivial to embed a client into a page via HTML5, or there's XMPP complient clients available on all common platforms.

Updated  on Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 00:47 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: format fail

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 01:54 UTC

I do have an idea of a communication app...

1) the app has Auto translate with AI to improve translation. 2) the app starts by person either navigating to the topic they like OR typing what is on their mind and it works like a search engine. 3) like and dislike would be presented as a star diagram on each topic for the various solutions. the reason is that it would help dramatically in co-creation 4) key contribution from topic experts would be of different value than non-experts this will give a fair concentio-democratic co-creation system.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 05:45 UTC

I do agree with EyeR a browser based "APP" would be the way to go. As for planing?

I mean we need to figure out who's willing to help first, also figure out where we are going to host it.

build it.

submit for approval...

Then we have a community app.

Last edited by:  Will Dugdale (Asgardian)  on Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 05:48 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: invalid formating

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 07:05 UTC

There's already a "browser based app" -=- It's called a website. lol.

Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 23:09 UTC

Exactly right. I would think that if I was to download an Asgardia app, it would allow me: * To edit my profile picture, and upload required civil documents * To participate in the forums * To read current Asgardia News * To connect and chat with other Asgardians

Apr 26, 17 / Gem 04, 01 23:44 UTC

well while an app would be great to help track of news and other stuff, but for all there is now, webpage is enough. Maybe for a bit further future.

May 9, 17 / Gem 17, 01 01:25 UTC

im not the best at coding but i am sure i can help somehow. Im not always on but i would love to help, ill try my best. im not that old but it hink i would be able to help, if you are starting on an idea or want to try to get a group togather and start on a app, please contact me at bobtheslob21@gmail.com

thank you

Oct 7, 17 / Oph 00, 01 16:34 UTC

What I find too simple is how to handle the unread posts (e.g.  marking those you are not I retested in without requiring accessing).  Another aspect it would be useful is having notifications and being able  to download unread posts to read later offline. 

In any case, I'm not talking about creating a specific app for  Asgardia, but general forum apps, which I understand do exist. However, I  don't know what is needed to make the forum ready for those apps. Maybe  it is already possible to use them. If so, I would appreciate any  suggestion. Recently got the app from Appvn ([external Link Removed]).

Regards,

Mike stefen

Last edited by:  Mariya Kudryavtseva (Asgardian, Member of the Parliament)  on Jan 3, 19 / Aqu 03, 03 08:02 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times
Reason: [external Link Removed]

Nov 15, 17 / Sag 11, 01 20:48 UTC

I read in a post by rebekah earlier that there is already one in the works but currently no link to the status of said app.

With that being said, I am in firm support of a secure communication system for the citizens of Asgardia and believe that it would help greatly with our voting processes as well as helping local leaders such as myself keep in touch with our constituents.

If you are in District #1 - English, Vote for me and I will help ensure that this app and the security of our information and people is put into action.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Please feel free to check out my MP Parliamentary Candidacy profile and basic platform!

https://asgardia.space/en/elections/candidates/English/17844/

Want to keep in touch with your local MPs? Want a direct link to having your voice to be heard? Come meet those running to represent you!

Give us topics you want us to discuss.  Let us be your voice!

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/candidate-discussion-area-160/

Unity and focus will lead us to great things!

Dec 8, 17 / Cap 06, 01 15:32 UTC

It preserves the characteristics of the official site and has as a priority the notification of any action related to publications to which each one of us has subscribed, that under the account - profile of each citizen a biography with general data and a photograph of it is generated (app is available on App Even app ([external Link Removed])). Not chat, this is a means of participation, not private communication. In general this is my proposal on the subject.

Last edited by:  Mariya Kudryavtseva (Asgardian, Member of the Parliament)  on Jan 3, 19 / Aqu 03, 03 07:59 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: [external Link Removed]

Dec 31, 17 / Cap 29, 01 21:10 UTC

I think it a great idea, most of us use our phones more than computers, I have already installed an icon on my phone for the web site but an IPhone app would speed up response time, more user friendly, and convenient.  The website Asgardia currently using is full of problems.  It is slow to respond, I lose data with no apparent reason, I lose post before they are submitted, I see i have notifications but nothing shows up when you click on to it, the security program for post has to cycle through 2 times before it will make your post, when it switches to another link most time I get a blank screen, and a whole lot of other things.  Before I get all the critics remarks know this, I have been running a web site for over 10 years now, do all the work myself, and I, or anyone who uses my site, don't have any of these problems.  You can breeze through it page after page no problem.  So maybe an app will help with this, but before that they need some serious work done on their website.

Jun 28, 19 / Leo 11, 03 06:04 UTC

While Im afraid I cant help with dev of something like this app, I thought it might be a good place to put this. If there is any dev, could we talk about putting in some sort of 'detailed' profile, specifically a Linked in sort of skillset listing? Allow our admin's to recruit ppl for certain tasks and collaborations etc? Just a thought, maybe this site ([external Link Removed]) can help

Jul 25, 19 / Vir 10, 03 15:07 UTC

Thanks for sharing the requirements. But, I want to ask something different. I was thinking that how apps like android marketplace are made. Like the ones that offer free apps that are paid on the Playstore. For example you can consider blackmart alpha, lucky patcher. These days there is a new similar app in the market and that is AC Market. I read about it on this blog. https://acmarket.site 

Let me know if you guys find out something.

Last edited by:  Mark Johnson (Asgardian)  on Jul 25, 19 / Vir 10, 03 15:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time