Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:13 UTC

Community App  

I have been thinking. Facebook's and News apps are popular and I have been seeing forum apps rising as well. I am unsure if you all are working on an app but, the use of an app. Oh so much can be done. You can have it open up to asking for your ID to activate the app on the user's device. Having news and a forum on the cell phone would make communicating much easier. If you even add a call and texting to it as well.

Possibly in the future, we could have our own devices. The devices would register under the user's ID and photo. This way you would know who is who. I have also thought about HoloLens. With time it could become as small as normal glasses.

The future expands every day. Lol, hopefully in the next few years the earth population does not increase too much.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:45 UTC

First we need a single language, by example English, Spanish, etc. I think its better in English cause is a universal language. Then we can start with a simple app like Raidcall. In this process we can develop a better app to facilitate everything. We can also start forming groups by the predominant language in case not all speak English.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 01:10 UTC

Gustavo

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of a single language however showing preference to a single language, I feel pollutes the global societal idea. I think the creation of a new language would be ideal in this case, one optimized for communication with computers and machines as well as taking components of as many current languages as feasible.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 03:25 UTC

I have no idea if any of you have played mobile strike. Any ways there are games that have auto translation. It might not be the best. But it works. You would be able to chat around the globe, with a good translation that is.

The games use flagging system. So other players earn stuff in-game by helping with spelling and translation. Then it would be checked by other players 5 times. Then it's added to the main translation data base.

Some use it in a bad way. With the right people. This system could work with us. The starting language would have to be English. This is because we all seem to know it. Maybe not all knows all.

So we should work together on this.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 07:30 UTC

While Im afraid I cant help with dev of something like this app, I thought it might be a good place to put this. If there is any dev, could we talk about putting in some sort of 'detailed' profile, specifically a Linked in sort of skillset listing? Allow our admin's to recruit ppl for certain tasks and collaborations etc? Just a thought

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 07:33 UTC

Howdy, fellow Asgardians. Please, keep in mind that before launching any project, it'd be prudent to firstly draft a comprehensive proposal that could be submitted to officials for review and approval.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 09:12 UTC

Alex

I understand, I just wanted to arise a subject that I know has interest.

I think I will make a proposal for this. I'd like to gather thoughts from others about this. From simple to advance ideas.

I can combine ideas to best suit the development of something like this. I do know if we are to use an app that is activated by ID, we would need an API.

This project could bring us all closer as we grow into the future.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 15:48 UTC

Why should this require an "app"?

At what point did the browser become insufficient? It's a universal, cross platform interface. I can see the use of API's to provide modular construction of services, but sitting in a closed-wall garden is never clever, unless you seek to build walls to entrap users or are claustrophobic. This isn't something that should be tied to a particular device's ecosystem - in ten years time this will all be vastly different. Regardless, it'll eventually end up with twice as many(maybe more) things to maintain - for no practical gain - and commonly tends to result long term in a lack of features supported across one system or another.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:05 UTC

EyeR

I see your point. I must point out. Not all can just use normal browsers. On top all this the users won't be tied down to one device. They would be able to manage there own active devices.

There would be little clean up. As in work if done right. Plus everything Asgard would be a touch of a finger. There are many people around the world who can't write or read English language. So a app would allow for a better auto language translation then on browser.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:38 UTC

Since you can realise almost everything with a website, an app isn't the best thing to do right now. The only benefit you would have is that you don't have to type in the URL anymore. Also you have to consider that not everyone has access to a smartphone. Regards the translation issue, i would recommend to use the "Google Translator" addon, you can find it for Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

I think we shouldn't waste time and effort in an app that would bring us almost no benefit, instead we could work out how to build an successful translate algorithm.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:53 UTC

Well this is a idea for future plans. We would have our own satellites to work with. To that algorithm thought. I must ask would this be more useful with a cloud.

On that note is this site running with a cloud? If not that would be added work to as well.

What I see what we need right now is a PM system. So that we may have one on one discussions. I have also seen on many sites moving to apps. This is because the server load is less. This would be a small benefit. I see as well that not all browsing is good on all smartphones. Not just the site but the data when roaming is used a lot more than apps.

I am looking at effective reasons to the benefit of the community.

I do understand where you are coming from Inexorabilis. This is why all of it is ideas and thoughts.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 19:20 UTC

So, let's discuss pros and cons. What are the benefits of the app? What can it do for Asgardia? Does it offer an additional benefit that the site doesn't already offer?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 20:03 UTC

Hello Ryan

To be honest as of right now as in today. No benefits.

I must ask tho... Does anyone here plan for things before the time is right?

Being prepared for things is the way to go. I have always been Planning for things before hand. I just see that having plans for the community before the time, is best.

reason for is that even in time. A good plan can be improved to better fit the needs of present day.

For now the site might need a PM system so that more privet matters could be discussed. I stand firm on that. I love having one on one discussions about anything. On top of this. Could we have a searching bar for the Forum posts. It is a mess looking through post logs on this matter.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 20:23 UTC

@Top I totally agree with you that planing ahead is crucial to keep projects alive and that the "Future Thought" is the only thing that will take us forth. Right now i have that feeling that everything is still a bit shaky and we should first assure that we have a solid foundation to build on. Nonetheless would it be a good information if an app is planned by the own IT Team and if not what they would think about it.

@Ryan Do you think it will be possible that we can get a "Project Proposal" Subforum? Or maybe just a template so that we can pin down all necessary informations for future projects. I think this will be mandatory in the future, also it gives a better base to start a discussion.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 20:34 UTC

@Inexorabilis

I think we should have a Sub-forum for proposes. As well as a post asking for basic requirements for projects. Well I am making a small Proposal right now for the IT crew. I could also pitch in on helping gather helpers to make what needs done.