Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 14:14 UTC

Re: Some advice to the president  

Between all of us, the distribution of skills and just five mins of time it's remarkable what we should be able to achieve. However, there's currently no place for us to "work together" - The closest being this forum, but that is woefully underequipped to handle a large range of tasks. I did put up a feature request for colloborational tools - maybe 'collobora' or something.

A global post office isn't a particular good idea - Individual countries already tend to have such services. Besides, global is far too narrow in scope. Once we are established in the stars there's potential for delivery services for others initatives. There's quite a bit to worry about before we get that far, though. Once we actually have our own places to deliver mail to, this would begin to make sense. The larger distances can be handled like any other cargo just leaving sorting and "last mile" delivery to reconcile. Physcial and digital networks are highly important, but I'd suggest concentrating on digital first. This is already the defacto method of communications between us, and we really need to make efforts to secure it and deploy systems with resillience.

I think we'd all like the nation formally established(well, technically that's already happened - what we need now is formal recognition) as soon as possible, but again, There's quite a bit to worry about before we get that far. To be taken as anything more serious than a collection of random interwebs nutcases we must demonstrate many things, least of all our capacity to govern ourselves.

Jan 4, 17 / Aqu 04, 01 18:17 UTC

Post office is not necessary thing, we also can communicate via internet or local (or global in future) meetings in our countries. As for now, much more important organize ourselves, from my point of view this forum, now, is almost complete chaos, many people starts many discussions and spread out dozens ideas, but it tend to some self-organization. At first Asgardia need different functional groups of people with good level of organization (scientist, engineers, IT etc.), after we can do really interesting and useful things.

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 22:04 UTC

Until we need to move physical things, places the Earth's postal systems do not service, regularly.

Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 13:00 UTC

Asgardia is trans-national. The internet is the perfect medium. We can use existing infrastructure for physical mail.

Jan 25, 17 / Aqu 25, 01 17:00 UTC

I agree that we need additional means of collaboration and communication. I do not know what is required for collaboration, but for communication I'd like to see direct messaging, a chat and a voice chat, as I have seen none of these.

Jan 26, 17 / Aqu 26, 01 11:10 UTC

Voice chat, IMHO is just a waste of bandwidth, and an additional security risk as there's not going to be much conversation before the other end can have a TTS engine rigged up with your voice. But I always look for the security risks.

However, XMPP can do both, and more.

For collaboration, something like "collobora" could be trivially deployed and extend libre office into multiplayer.