Jun 12, 17 / Can 23, 01 08:39 UTC

6 days to vote - where is the revised proposal for the constitution?  

I'm sure (or should I say I hope) I'm not alone in wanting more than a couple of days to properly read, digest and think about my position in relation to the proposed constitution of Asgardia.

So when can we expect to see it? Admins? Anyone?

Jun 12, 17 / Can 23, 01 09:01 UTC

I assume that "any day" is some time between today and the 17 June?

Jun 12, 17 / Can 23, 01 11:58 UTC

Even up to 19... ;-))))

Jun 13, 17 / Can 24, 01 01:25 UTC

Just remember, it is like everything else government-related.

It will be here tomorrow.

When today changes and becomes what used to be tomorrow, tomorrow just gets moved to the following day, so you still have to wait.

You will always have to wait, until time becomes non-linear and tomorrow becomes today.

SXT

Jun 13, 17 / Can 24, 01 02:12 UTC

That is a very accurate synopsis of how government works @Phicksur. Unfortunately, in my day job, I am part of that time loop where tomorrow never seems to come.

However, for something as important as a constitution, 5 days (as it stands now) is an unreasonable and laughable timeframe for the populous to consider its position and how they will vote on it. Form some basic research, democratically prepared constitutions appear to take years from initial proposal to final vote. Admittedly, today we have the advantage of technology, but I still don't think we are at the point where that process can be properly compressed down to weeks... or days.

If the government I worked for introduced legislation (ie. subordinate to a constitution) that had impacts on the rights of every citizen and provided 5 days for a second consultation before a vote, they would undoubtedly be removed from government at the earliest opportunity.

At this rate, it seems that the constitutional vote is doomed for failure (or success, depending on your perspective).

Jun 15, 17 / Can 26, 01 18:36 UTC

Well, I can review the entire Constitution in a day if I want to, but I understand how people might want to digest it.

Right now, I am voting no. Unless a new Constitution alleviates ALL the concerns I had with the old one, I will not be changing that vote.

As such, I am not worried. I also recognize this is not an important part of my life. Even if things fail completely catastrophically, I won't personally be affected. I also do not believe many on here will be dramatically affected either.

EDIT: Well, now it's out there, and as far as it being a legal document it is not very well written. I can see about 5 or six different loopholes and mutually exclusive problems arising from it. Ironic that the only way to vote on the Constitution is to vote yes; there is no 'no' option. As a result, the administration can say "100 people of our citizens who voted said yes" while being completely dishonest about the fact no one was allowed to vote no.

EDIT2: Been waiting for 2 days to make this post.

ORV

Jun 15, 17 / Can 26, 01 18:56 UTC

@Phicksur
Ironic that the only way to vote on the Constitution is to vote yes;  there is no 'no' option. As a result, the administration can say "100  people of our citizens who voted said yes" while being completely  dishonest about the fact no one was allowed to vote no.

That, by the way, is what I was telling to @LoreZyra when we spoke about the quorum, if you remember. ;-)
The same, it's "very probable" we'll never have the (usual) statistical data about this voting, exactly 'cause they're "recording" positive ones only.
The only thing we can say it's it will be hard to reach 50%+1 (so, more than 100.000 "positives") up to the end of 1 Asgard 0001... but I think our Head of Nation is not that bound by his own words (ref. Decree #3 and Constitution art. 50), so he also can extend the vote gathering "up to the time we'll have 50%+1"... or even tell us "it have been approved" (shortcut). ;-)