Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 18:14 UTC

Changes to the Language of the Constitution RE: History of Earth Conflicts and Alien Life  

In the current Constitution, page 5 states "12. There is no place for the history of Earthly conflicts in Asgardia. Asgardia creates a new peaceful history of the future space humankind."

I am most worried about the idea that there is no place for the history of Earthly conflicts. This sounds like Asgardia will not even acknowledge/accept past conflicts, which is incredibly dangerous. I don't know the legality of the following words, but I suggest it is changed to this:

"12. There is no place for Earthly conflicts in Asgardia. Asgardia creates a new, peaceful future for all future creatures in space."

The changing of the word "humankind" to "creatures" gives the same rights and protections to animals, and any aliens we find.

On the topic of aliens (both intelligent and non), I believe language should also be added to protect their rights upon discovery, especially protecting them from those which wish to exploit them.

Last edited by:  William Sheldon (Asgardian)  on Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 18:15 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 20:18 UTC

I'm on the fence with the "history of conflicts" thing. On one hand, Don't care. What happens on Earth stays on Earth. On the other hand, is Asgardia honestly going to do business with historically warlike states? I'd like to think not.

As far as Humans vs. Animals or "any aliens we find" ... I don't want to extend any rights to them before the situation arises. This is a 4X universe. If it isn't now, it certainly will be when the established Earthly States finally get out here. Ignoring that is dooming Asgardia from the start.