Feb 16, 17 / Pis 19, 01 11:15 UTC

Constitution of Asgardia (short version)  

Article 1:

1) Asgardia is the first space nation as founded by Dr Igor Ashurbeyli. 2) Asgardians are those with official Asgardia citizenship. 3) The government of Asgardia acts for the people.

Article 2:

1) The 12 Ministries are commanded by the Head of Nation. 2) The Head of Nation has an indefinite term. 3) The twelve Ministers have five years terms.

Article 3:

1) Criminal actions are prohibited regardless of one's rank. 2) Modification of citizen life must be voted upon. 3) Constitution violation is met with consequences.

Article 4:

1) Citizens have freedom of ideologies. 2) Citizens have freedom of speech and assembly. 3) Citizens have a right to survival resources.

Article 5:

1) The people's votes drives governmental actions. 2) Votes give shape to the society's mechanism. 3) The people may amend the Constitution.

*This short version was created for casual discussions, quick presentation, and unofficial memorisation only. It may in no way replace the official Constitutional Draft legally.

For the official, complete Constitution of Asgardia Draft, please follow this link:

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/constitution-132/topic/the-constitution-of-asgardia-draft-2691/

Last edited by:  John Skieswanne (Asgardian)  on Feb 16, 17 / Pis 19, 01 11:16 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 22, 17 / Pis 25, 01 00:04 UTC

Do I understand correctly that the Head of Nation is entirely in command of the entire state apparatus with no checks or balances to his or her power, and has an indefinite term? Does that make anyone else uncomfortable?

Feb 22, 17 / Pis 25, 01 07:07 UTC

AFAIK, that is the current situation, yes. No this doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. I don't like it, certainly, but not having been given any particular reason for distrust I am prepared to take things on face value and allow them to prove themselves.

There's elections planned for June, but there's nothing to say this cannot be indefinitely postponed or proclaimed illegal. June isn't that far away on the scale of things to wait and find out - and ultimately if things don't look like they are moving in a direction you would feel comfortable then at that point you should definitely be able to distance yourself and will of "lost nothing" but a little time - which would mostly of been filled with other things really, anyway.

Feb 22, 17 / Pis 25, 01 11:19 UTC

thanks for the info....

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 12:01 UTC

@Dirk Baeyens:

No, thank YOU for the suggestion! ;)

Cheers