Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 16:12 UTC

Discussion of the Declaration of Unity  

Hello Asgardians! 

Please post your thoughts, feedback and suggestions on the Declaration of Unity that was posted in Decree N4 on March 27m 2017. 

You can find the Declaration of Unity HERE Please keep your discussions civil and respectful of other Asgardians opinions and thoughts. 

EDIT April 4, 2017 - Thank you everyone who commented on this thread and provided feedback! It has been compiled into a document and passed along to be incorporated into the final draft. We are hoping to have it posted soon for community review. A new thread will be created once it is posted so we have closed this one.

Kind regards, 

Rebekah Berg, 

Lead Community Administrator, 

Asgardia

Last edited by:  Rebekah Berg (Asgardian, Lead Admin)  on Apr 16, 17 / Tau 22, 01 13:21 UTC, Total number of edits: 4 times

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:08 UTC

My ignorance, sorry, but the declaration of unity is a "constitution"? In that case, what's the utility of the 12th point?

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:15 UTC

Here comes the dictatorship doomsayers. They don't know that democracy and the political party system is an illusion. I hope we adopt some kind of AI driven resource based economy in the future.

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:18 UTC

I really like the part where it says that Asgardia will not engage in politics, it gives me a true sense of freedom.

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:25 UTC

I have some confusion on The 12th on the decree. Is that stating that we, as asgardian are going to forsake earthly history, that as asgardian we will not make the same mistakes as the earthly nations, or that we will make our own history from now onwards

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:29 UTC

Yeah point I agree point 12 is somewhat unclear, can we perhaps get an explanation for it? Also it seems point 9 pointing to a certain system of government far as I know we haven't decided on yet

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:30 UTC

I have to say that all points are very good.... fair and should be acceptable for all of us. But here I have to ask little bit in practice: we will need some economy on the Earth and I guess we will chose a country where we will do some business (for a while). We will respect all domestic laws and tax system in that country. But problems comes than if that country will push Asgardians to own law: who can temporarily work there (and who can not), .. so step by step we will adopt more and more to the host country - what means that yours Unity declaration should get different deviations in different countries... what at the end can bring us a trouble in our Unity. How to protect our equality if host(s) countries will push us more and more in own law changes, deviations whose should be against of our Declaration (here even in own political clashes as good tool for own purposes)?

We will need a kind of strategy, a kind of platform whose will keep our, Asgardian's freedom declared in Declaration(s). This can be first step for our ministries whose should start to negotiate with our host countries. It's impossible to have all 200+ countries as a host and we have to centralize our creations (ideas, plans, products, .. ) in a several places where we will be together working on the same value.

Here, it's necessary to be considered the first period whose can be crucial for latter development of the nation.

Also, I'm missing one point and this is not political but will be very close to it - it is about democratic decisions of some important matters. We don't need truly political parties but how we will bring decision on some crucial matters? We all have some opinion and we all wish the best but from he time to time is necessary to be discussed something. So, how we will bring decision?

This is the time to make another declaration whose will avoid all political tips & tricks but without some kind of democratic process of decisions we will not have a long history.

Updated  on Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: tipos

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:33 UTC

Art. 4 - I'd add a clear reference to sexual orientation too.

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:34 UTC

I really like the tone of this Declaration. There are a couple minor typographical errors in the english version but the language is clear and for the most part I agree entirely with each point.

A little clarification on the last two points would be welcome. Specifically, in 11 I see the implication that religious practice will not be welcome in Asgardia. I would like more detail on what exactly that means practically speaking before I see it in a Founding Document. Just my humble little opinion.

Point 12 seems difficult to swallow at first glance but I think I begin to apprehend the reasoning behind it. When Asgardia eventually becomes an actual physical dwelling place, the seat of a Nation drawn from all Humanity, we want to leave behind our identification with the histories and cultures we come from so that we can build our own distinct culture and national identity.

Like I said it's tough the first time you read it but if I'm close to correct here then I really like this idea.

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:37 UTC

"9. Asgardia does not engage in politics, there is no place for political parties in Asgardia. But every Asgardian can freely participate in political life on Earth."

Sorry, but sounds like "dictatorship", if "there is no place for political parties"...

Ahora en español, ya que es mi lengua nativa, quien elegiria a los 12 ministros? siempre se votaria por Igor Ashurbeyli como "lider"? Entiendo que es su idea, pero muchos debemos tener la misma inquietud de quien, como y porque se toman las decisiones que a todos afectaran. Imaginense, mientras que en la tierra, tenemos paises con gobierno democratico, dividido en poder ejecutivo, legislativo y judicial, lo que no quiere decir que sea perfecto, ya que muchas veces los gobernantes no hacen las cosas bien...en asgardia no hay lugar para partidos politicos, que garantias tenemos? como se conforman los poderes?

saludos, Marcelo

Now in Spanish, since it is my native language, who would elect the 12 ministers? Would you always vote for Igor Ashurbeyli as a "leader"? I understand that it is your idea, but many of us must have the same concern of who, how and why decisions are made that affect us all. Imagine, while on earth, we have countries with democratic government, divided into executive, legislative and judicial power, which does not mean that it is perfect, since often rulers do not do things right ... in asgardia there is no Place for political parties, what guarantees do we have? How are powers formed?

Regards, Marcelo

MOD EDIT:
This post has been translated using Google Translate (https://translate.google.com/). - Jason Rainbow 27 March 2017 @ 19:09

Last edited by:  Jason Rainbow (Global Admin, Global Mod, Asgardian)  on Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 18:10 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Providing English Translation

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:40 UTC

This is a sufficient "opening" declaration of who we are, as Asgardians. There are those who might be a little taken back by Article 12, however understanding this article is the key to understanding what a significant and historical endeavor is unfolding by creating Asgardia as the FIRST Space Nation. Even beyond the boundaries of Earth, this is a FIRST.I also believe that being truly democratic and free without "labels"(political parties, etc.) is vital to Asgardians being truly free. Such a concept makes every Asgardian a sovereign human being! Forward!

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:53 UTC

So quick questions: first any idea who was one responsible for drafting this? Second point 12 seems a little weird , what does that mean exactly? Third point 9 makes it seem as though we have a democracy but not allowed to have different parties , sorry little confused by the wording on it. Finally seems as though the One Humanity - One Unity motto has become the offical motto but I thought it was temporary

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 17:58 UTC

i'm very agree with point 9 there is no place for political parties in Asgardia no need for them they just make Divisions between people thank you Igor Ashurbeyli

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 18:05 UTC

I don't understand what kind of Exclusive right will be given by Asgardia to its citizen,Which will be the priority Earth rights or Asgardia Right?Are these rights will be illustrated with full depth(Including Clauses not just a point) in Asgardia Constitution.I have read initial draft but there is not Right to Information.There should be more clearness on Point no 8

Last edited by:  Nikhil Chaudhary (Asgardian)  on Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 18:14 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 18:12 UTC

Article 12 should certainly be reworded. It can not possibly be meant to understand that we should forget our history? Forgetting history just means repeating mistakes of the past. The article should be worded in such a way that "we are not limited by history". History always has a place in society.