Apr 2, 17 / Tau 08, 01 21:22 UTC

Re: Discussion of the Declaration of Unity  

The fact is that the governments of many countries are not believing in the possibility of Asgardia being a state of fact and of right. Humanity is immense, 180K people are not even statistically representative. But even so and against all expectations we are taking one step at a time. One day the nation will be a reality and on this day great businessmen and politicians of great power will think; Wait! They did it I can too. In this way there will be many nations in space. 

So ... Have you thought about how our relationship with other space nations will be? Because it is possible that dozens of other space nations are created for the same purpose and even for other purposes. We'll have a tight orbit, no doubt.

I still have a feeling that creating a nation that encompasses all of humanity is wrong, because for the basic principle a nation is a separatist initiative. But after all, who am I to give opinions?

Last edited by:  ANTONIO CARLOS DE SIQUEIRA (Asgardian)  on Apr 2, 17 / Tau 08, 01 21:34 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: complement

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 02:18 UTC

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well for all fellow Asgardians! 

Please continue to submit your comments and suggestions for the wording of each point. The team and I will compile all into the Official draft before it will be finalized.

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 03:07 UTC

@LoreZyra - sorry what capacity are you working in when you refer to "...the team and I..."?

And who is "the team" exactly?

No harm meant, I'm just curious.

It would be beneficial to have feedback from the "team" who is looking at this officially for our good doctor and his administration.  Basically loads of ideas without feedback on the original intent and meaning leaves the conversation one sided and possibly off track.

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 04:04 UTC

Hi @BigRed,

By team, I'm referring to the volunteers responsible for reviewing and compiling all community suggestions into a single (Google docs) document. 

>> This document was compiled by a community volunteer team comprised of the following members:

1. John Skieswanne
  2. Denise Blair 
  3. Richie C. Bartlett, Jr. (aka LoreZyra)
  4. Nikhil Chaudhary 

• Once the compilation is complete, it will be passed on to the lawyers to review and finalize. I'm here, like you, as an eager Citizen in waiting, to see how this will turn out. And, I'm contributing the best way I can... as a volunteer. FYI, I'm based out of Japan. So, my hours don't always match with most English speakers - Unless I'm up absurdly late. ;)

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 05:05 UTC, Total number of edits: 5 times
Reason: fixed formatting

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 05:46 UTC

@LoreZyra - perhaps a link to this document would be good reading for the rest of us

Is this document officially recognised by the administration team as the authoritative text from this forum or is it just something you are compiling as a help text hoping they will accept it as some form of authoritative text.

Once again I don't mean any harm, I'm just curious.

As humans our nature, out of pure intentions, often steps in the middle of discussions and appoints ourselves as the authority. Many people on various forums have already tried to do this. I'm asking without any intent other than to know where this whole discussion stands.  Personally I am not sure I would wish to be presenting myself as representative of other's thoughts and opinions unless I was officially appointed to be doing so.  If it was the case that I was appointed by the administration then I would want to make that very clear within the discussion forum.  That way I would be able to pass information back and forth to the originators of the discussion in order to keep the discussion on track and get the best and most relevant suggestions.

Please don't take that wrongly, I like to speak clearly so there can be no misunderstanding, however that does not imply judgement.

I am mostly in Australia and SE Asia so our time zones are the same.

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 07:36 UTC

@FloydKelly and @guzlomi,

Just thought you should know that we have incorporated all your comments into the compilation for creating the second draft of this Declaration of Unity document.

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 08:03 UTC

@guzlomi,

"Maybe a step by step approach would be wiser. Lets center on protection of Earth and defend Peace in space so our descendants will have a real opportunity to exist and then pursue their own goals..."

It's my strong opinion that we don't need to have this in the Declaration. This can be defined under the Constitutional Article for Security Services and Systems under Chapter five. 

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 10:43 UTC

@bigred,

"perhaps a link to this document would be good reading for the rest of us"

"Once again I don't mean any harm, I'm just curious."

No offense/harm taken at all! :) 

I sent an email to Rebekah Berg and requested to become a volunteer. Shortly thereafter, I received an invitation to join the group as a volunteer. We are the official volunteers that will hand the document over to the official team charged with the final draft of the declaration. I should add that I am not paid nor do I work for the company sponsoring Asgardia. Like you, I am an eager citizen-in-waiting looking to do my part in the creation process.

I understand your concern and the strong desire for transparency.  I'll ask Rebekah if we can post the official update where everyone can read only.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 10:44 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 11:54 UTC

Here is the announcement and link.

Working Thread - Compilation of Community Suggestions for the Declaration of Unity

And the Google Doc

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 13:32 UTC, Total number of edits: 4 times
Reason: fixed formatting

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 12:47 UTC

I would like to make a suggestion ... about History ... is one of the most controversial points. I agree that every winner, every writer, has wanted to make his version of the story. Even the "facts" seen from what culture ... are different. We have Asgardian historians ... we can try to make a General History of Humanity. As  objective as possible, from the perspective of all cultures ... For  example, the "discovery of America" is seen different from Spain than  from America ... trying to be aseptic ...  A scientific view of history. regards

Last edited by:  Susana Iris Buono Soiza (Asgardian, Candidate)  on Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 12:48 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 15:56 UTC

Asgardia uzayda seyehatide gercekleştirir ise ilk gitmek isteyen ben olmak isterim ?! 

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 16:35 UTC

I have pleasure to declare our unity .All asgardians are well disciplined and discussion forum is also smoothly running.I appreciate it's sincere staff working.thanks.

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 20:02 UTC

Unit Statement: We are all mankind.

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 02:28 UTC

I cant see the declaration. Anyone else ?? Please help

Apr 4, 17 / Tau 10, 01 04:33 UTC

@nataliaaph It shows up fine for me.  Make sure you have Adobe Reader or Acrobat installed and allowed to run in your browser (it's installed and activated by default in most browsers). Here is a direct link to the PDF: https://asgardia.space/storage/docs/Decree_4.pdf