May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 19:28 UTC

Re: Discussion of the draft Constitution  

This must be a joke... a monarchy? Are we setting up the first space nation or the last medieval one? I can understand Spain, United Kindgom or other old nations having a monarchy for historical reasons, but a newborn nation doesn't have any valid reason for it. Unless it gets changed to a republic, or at least it gets stated that it will be an elective monarchy with a fixed term length no longer than 6 years, and a fixed amount of re-electable terms no bigger than 2, I'm out. And a lot of people would also if they know about this, wich isn't that easy, seeing that this very fact isn't exaclty being debated anywhere or is given much spotlight.

May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 19:45 UTC

"18.05.2017 We need your voice. Asgardia’s Constitution awaits you!" Deadline for feedback is only 10 days!!! TEN DAYS... Unbelievable. How many MONTHS have gone on behind closed doors to create this, without ANY CONSULTATION with the "Subjects of Asgardia". Then the Subjects of the king only get 10 days to provide feedback, which may be "noted and ignored". So we have a Monarchy at the top, surrounded by an Aristocratic elite, that provides a constitution to the community, seeking validation of its powerless subjects. -- This really is an old power structure that wants to give birth to a King in Space.  -- Incomprehensible and Unacceptable.

THE CITIZENS OF ASGARDIA NEED MORE THAN 10 DAYS TO DIGEST, CONSIDER, AND REPLY. 

May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 20:31 UTC

Only the citizens of Asgardia should have the power of dissolving Parliament by a vote . Its alright for the Hos to have  a cabinet of people he appoints which have to be confirmed by Parliament after vetting .These are the only people he can fire as far as the supreme court He can appoint but not fire, Parliament still has to vet and assign them to  the  post like in the states.Heres a side note in the states you don't have to be a lawyer or a judge to be on the Supreme Court

No we should not just tie our selfs to the protection of earth, This will be a by-product of taking care  of our selfs 

Lastly there sould be no predetermined canidates for HoS/ Preident .That the peoples choise as to whom they want to govern not rule them

May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 20:35 UTC

There are 10 days to gather feedback for this concrete draft, that's more than enough time.

Updated  on May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 20:36 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 21:19 UTC

A monarchy? Without me (and my family)

May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 21:42 UTC

I guess that means no on this Constitution and a withdrawal of citizenship on my part.

Major mistake for Ashurbeyli to go that route. I'll be unchecking him in my profile as head of state as well.

May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 22:41 UTC

+1 petrv on postponing the constitutioal vote.

Based on what I have seen with the community comments so far, there are wide concerns with the draft constitution. The main shared concern seems to be the proposal for the constitutional monarchy. Having been involved in consultation processes for thing far less important than a state's constitution, one month is too short a period to take a problematic draft to a final document gaining (at least) majority support.

I want Asgardia to succeed. However, I fear if the vote is continued as scheduled, the constitution may be rejected. If that happens, I fear Asgardia will be finished.

May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 22:51 UTC

People...  this almost not a trully monarchy , we chose our leader after the previous as died, if they remove the part of "HoS can dissolve the parlament" and decide better the way that the powers work, this gonna be okay. (i want anything,that is not a Democracy)

Don't quit before June, they gonna show us the Constitution with a better text and i believe they gonna hear our suggestions, there a lot of Asgardians Ideas that as already Implanted in this draft.

I know that a lot of you is apprensive with the constitution now, but remember that this is a draft (that as translated from russian, so great part of the original significance of Igor words as lost in the translations...), and the constitution is a W.i.P. until 15/06(since they gonna post it officially in 18/06, 3 days for redo it).

So please, Asgardians, dont quit only because of this Draft...   :)

May 20, 17 / Can 00, 01 23:28 UTC

Here is another input from what I can make of this so called "vote" which will prove this is only a charade in order to pretend hundreds of thousands human beings are giving legitimacy to Asgardia.

No one ever questioned the voting system. No one ever saw the mechanism of ensuring the votes are not being altered after the voting process and we have no guarantee whatsoever that the vote will actually be taken into consideration.

Another aspect, from the realm of mathematical probability: assuming the vote is correct, based on the logical crowd behavior and the number of comments so far, it is more than probable the Constitution will pass, regardless of what text is actually submitted for voting. Just think that the "Yes" voters will vote "Yes" but the ones who do not agree will split in two: "No" voters and absentees. Since the outcome is measured against the number of the actual votes, "Yes" will always be 50%+1 higher than the "No", unless there is a huge majority of "No". This doesn`t seem to be the case, since only a handful of people actually take part in the discussions, either here or on Facebook.

The third aspect is the fact that so far only the English version has been published (now I see the Russian one just added), but this accounts for less than 50% of the Asgardian population. What about the ones who don`t speak neither English nor Russian? Also, when submitted for voting, the final text has to be written in every single language spoken in Asgardia. This seems impossible, not to mention that there are subtle differences between languages, which might change the essence of a phrase. For example, comparing just the two published versions so far, I already found one inconsistency: in English, "National Bank" is not similar with "State Bank", term which is used in the Russian version.

So, I am truly sorry to say, but this seems to be the end of a nice dream, at least for me. I will stay around until the vote actually happens, but afterwards the best chances are I will be leaving this project. Good luck to all !

May 21, 17 / Can 01, 01 00:40 UTC

Dear fellow Asgardians,

at first, this is a draft which means that the final document which would be votable has not reached its final form. Literally, everything of the constitution can be changed until then. What I do observe here and at other platforms where the constitution is discussed is that a minority of people give up (or use to give up as a political weapon) on what they read because they consider this is the final thing, as set in stone. So please let me do a major recommendation, which should be taken into account when participating in this discussion and when choosing the right decision for your future (in Asgardia):

The society of a nation is who gives power to the government and the society of a nation is who chose the government and the context in where every single law lives: which is the constitution in the case of a constitutional government.

We the people are the society of Asgardia and what we do commit now will define who we are in the future. So, I encourage everyone who at least reads this topic, to not just read or reply his or her quit-decision when X or Y does not match their mindset, stand up for what you believe and bring us with your contribution to the constitution as a society forward, tell us and the maintainers of the constitution your point of view and refrain from proclaiming your personal last resort. We need you to be successful. I can assure you that every single word you do provide here as a contribution to the constitution will be worth it and taken into account when forming the next revision of the draft. I know that from my own experience how attentive Asgardia officials do operate, so please trust me.

So, if you don't want a constitutional monarchy, please tell us why or if possible provide an alternative to the currently chosen government and the constitution in general. At least: as more people invest time and effort and provide feedback here, as more society-driven will be our future. Don't fear to be ruled by the few when you can change that to be ruled by the many.

Thank you.

May 21, 17 / Can 01, 01 00:53 UTC

The draft is awful!

1. Asgardia is Constitutional Monarchy and has a King, Royal Council of the Supreme Value 60-80 years old, Parliament (50 years old), Chairman of the government 40-65 years old, Judges 40-65 with a degree in law, Prosecutor (no age requirements), law enforcement (of course no age requirements), Taxes and fees, Central bank and commercial Banks.

Weak Spots/Vulnerability Points:

1. Constitutional Monarchy  is a common earth state, enough kings. New kind of humanity don't serve to Kings. NOT NEEDED!

2. Royal Council of the Supreme Value from immortal white beards. NOT NEEDED!

3. Chairman of the government 40-65 years old, Judges 40-65 with a degree in law, Prosecutor (no age requirements), law enforcement (of course no age requirements) NOT NEEDED SUCH OLD MEN! ABSOLUTE AGE DISCRIMINATION, PROHIBITED IN THE EUROPEAN LAW AND WORLD LAW! ASGARDIA POPULATION IS A LOT OF YOUNGER!

4.Prosecutor (no age requirements), OF COURSE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT YOUNG MAN ALREADY! NOT NEEDED!

5. Taxes and fees. YOU GOT VERY WRONG. WE ARE NOT A FARM FOR OLDMEN MASTERS! NOT NEEDED!

6. Central bank and commercial Banks. ENOUGH BANKS. WHAT IS THIS SPACE STATE, A COMMON EARTH STATE WITH SUPREME NEGATIVE! NOT NEEDED!

7. SUGGESTION: THIS AWFUL DRAFT MUST BE VOTED ARTICLE BY ARTICLE, NOT AT ONCE. A FEW ARTICLES ARE TYPICAL FOR THE SLAVE EARTH SOCIETIES.

May 21, 17 / Can 01, 01 01:04 UTC

cepenik something is wrong with your shift-key or your caps lock is fluctuating.

May 21, 17 / Can 01, 01 01:32 UTC

I'll state again I feel as though a major part of this, the government, is something that was either decided upon before hand or something , someone outside the community who submitted parts to be included in the draft added without checking with us

I personally feel a little duped , I believed the government was going to be a Head of Nation with powers similar to a prime minster or president with the 13 heads directing activities related to their fields. The major question was whether we voted directly or had a representative government that voted for things proposed by the heads. Instead the Head of Nation being relinquished and a new vote to determine the next Head is now being scrapped for a Head of State who seems to automatically take the position without a vote and is able to wield a variety of almost unchecked power in the government , able to veto individuals and assign in the positions that would act as a check and balance against them with ease. 

Again I can't recall anyone suggesting this type of government, however it seems from previous decrees there was an idea of how the government was going to be even before discussions began so I'm lead to believe our suggestions for the type of government were irrelevant to writing the constitution.

Its small details such as motto , taxation without any form of specifics , the fact HoS can nominate based on hereditary etc. that makes me worried that even if we did propose something else we're not going to be listened too.

I honestly thought we'd get a meritocracy or a technocracy , but I'd like to have seen a Futarchy (basically voting on a measure of success rather than a method) but unlikely to see that now 

May 21, 17 / Can 01, 01 01:36 UTC

@nihylum by any chance do you actually have any arguments or do you know something more than us, the "commoners", since you are so optimistic and faithful in Asgardia`s officials, who came up with the idea of creating a draft to propose space slavery in the first place? The very first "brick" of this draft ... is a non-sense ... people are equal but not so equal when it comes to the King / President / etc. A, one more non-sense ... Art. 15 which "guarantees and protects all types of property" is not enough for the HoS, since he needed an extra Art. 32 / 11 provision to say "The HoS enjoys immunity .... the safety of his / her property after leaving the role". And the examples continue all over.

Yet, you say "don`t worry", "trust them", "everything is OK", "there is time", "no need for negativity" and so on. Well ... sorry to say I`ve heard this before, and it didn`t turn out so well in the end. But hey, everyone is free to voice their opinions, either pro or against.

PS. Still didn`t see any answers from the officials about the voting process and it`s integrity ... or that is OK as well, if they say so? :)

May 21, 17 / Can 01, 01 01:51 UTC

@petrv I know this but since now they have an advocate, I thought is worth asking. About the letter, honestly I think is another waste of time. We don`t even have a State / Nation yet and already ask ... sorry, beg for the mercy of one person, when the discussion is here and obviously there are so many opinions and arguments against the proposed draft?