May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 16:02 UTC

Re: Discussion of the draft Constitution  

I would like some clarification regarding Section 5 of Article 13 of the Constitution:

"Asgardia's sovereign currency is issued by the National Bank in the amount tied to the ideal parameters of the Moon set by a special law of Asgardia."

What does it mean by saying the currency value is tied to lunar parameters? It sounds like Asgardia plans on asserting its sovereignty over the moon and using the net value of its minerals as the basis of the currency. Is this true, and if not, what does this actually mean?

May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 16:20 UTC

@Skilfer I like your idea on those involved in certain fields being the ones to select the Ministers for that field, but it also raises some concerns. While this makes sense, in part, for those who have already established a career in a field, what about those who are still in University, or those who are in between jobs? In addition to this, I know plenty of Engineers (my particular field) who also have great interest in the arts, etc.

I think the second option you alluded to, where those in the Field would elect the nominees, but the general public would vote on all fields, is a better option due to the above concerns.

May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 17:06 UTC

@bigred and @Scarbs
I'm obviously not feeling "betraied" 'cause Dr. Ashurbeily didn't listened to my oh-so-wonderful suggestions. ;-D
I'm feeling that way for two reasons, mainly:

1. at the very first time all seems like candies and bells: the nice, smiling face of our Founding Father telling us we're "all equal", we'll be space citizens of a whole new nation in the space, all will be based on science, we've just to give our advices and we'll have all put together that magnificent new nation, set into the space... (and so on)

2. then all gone forward, 99% behind the scenes, with fair new companies popping out like mushrooms, none of them with even nearly clear informations, all our fun-tas-tic advices seemingly trashed (as neither Document of Unity nor the Constitution seems to have retained any of them) and, last but not least, on these rock-solid bases we'll have to pay an undefinite amount of taxes (based on undefined criteria) and... listen!.. we're all equal BUT we'll have the incomparable pleasure to have A KING among us!

So... now... tell me who really have to have a serious check, if believing me or any other here was terribly wishing to sign such a white check? ;-))))

Just to say: one have all the rights, to make anything he prefers with his own things, this is the very base of private property. The only problem arise when he tries to do something with my things: at least I'm expected to read reasons enough to sign something which allows him doing that. ;-)
And remember: that constitutional document will be binding for L3 citizens, once approved.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Last edited by:  Luca Coianiz (Asgardian)  on May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 17:11 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: paragraph added

May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 17:15 UTC

@Dmitry Novoseltsev  +1

May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 17:17 UTC

@Elwe Thor(Asgardian) on 23 May 2017, 5:06 p.m.

If you should be so brave and interested, perhaps you can help me with building a democratic Technocracy?
https://github.com/lorezyra/Asgardia.Government/blob/master/Asgardia.Constitution.Proposal.txt

I see no value in sitting on the keyboard while we have time to write a new Constitution.

May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 18:31 UTC

@LoreZyra
I'm absolutely not that brave at all... but I yet answered you here.
I'll try also not to sit on my keyboard, as I'm a little heavy. ;-)

May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 19:51 UTC

@LoreZyra I read your work on Asgardia.Constitution.Proposal on GitHub and I find it really solid.

May 23, 17 / Can 03, 01 21:48 UTC

@Lore Zyra

I'm also reading your proposal document and I am awaiting your take on Chapter 8.

So far everything I'm reading sounds satisfying.

May 24, 17 / Can 04, 01 01:41 UTC

HoS/  PoA should be a president position, no more than 3 terms of 5-6 yrs  each. But at the end of each term there needs to be a primary,hate to  say it no matter what there's going to be political party's.to let the  President/ Monarch pass on title is very  wrong and will most diffidently lead to corruption  Let the Hos /PoA  have a cabinet made up of the heads of the different executive  branches  of government,these branch can be nominated by the President/ Monarch  but have to be vetted by Parliament/ Congress and approved by same for  the post they were nominated for ,plus these are the only people the  PoA/HoS can fire if they aren't doing the work of the people.  As far as   members of Parliament/ congress they should be elected by Asgardians  in each country where we have a presence.Just to say that  Parliament/Congress will have 150 members is a bit wrong .This leaves  the door open for corruption . Lastly Only the citizens of Asgardia have  the right to de-solve Parliament/Congress by voting. To let the HoS/PoA  do this is maddness

Another thought I do realize that some of the countrys we have a presence in may only  have one citizen member .In that case they will represent them self's  while at the same time promoting Asgardia to encourage more people to  become citizens           Ricky Sickles

May 24, 17 / Can 04, 01 02:13 UTC

@lorezyra,

excellent work! I find your re-write to be wholly acceptable and I would vote for it. solid base to build the nation on.

May 24, 17 / Can 04, 01 02:57 UTC

I had no idea how bad it is. Better consider it expedient to postpone the vote (at least a year), than to be so crude document.

Then I will present objections to the thesis.

Citizenship Asgardia can't be fixed and the more innate is again inadequate reproduction of the Earth's antiquity. I suggest the following.

Citizenship Asgardia is deliberate and dynamic. Citizenship was granted to any person who has a confirmed sustained personal motivation for participation in large-scale space projects. Citizenship has no lower age limit (even younger students are able to put forward some very interesting ideas and to take part in the solution of quite complex scientific - technical problems – for example, using applications such as BOINC), but on the basis of informed personal statement. Automatic assignment of citizenship to children at the age of irresponsible, even if their parents are citizens, is unacceptable, as they automatically label it a religion, because it is not a conscious choice.

Citizenship Asgardia is dynamic. The citizen accepts the obligation to uphold the laws and to divide declared values of Asgardia to the extent that they do not contradict his worldview and do not conflict with the social system of his primary residence. A citizen has the right to an unlimited number of times to suspend the citizenship (for example, in the event of a conflict of interest) and to appeal for its renewal. Resumption of citizenship automatically, except in cases where previous activities of the citizen the relevant authorities of Asgardia recognized as destructive (for example, he helped a terrorist organization). In the latter case, citizenship may be forcibly suspended by decision of the authorities of Asgardia. But basic necessary and sufficient condition for citizenship Asgardia is the person's self-identification as such (otherwise it sect).

May 24, 17 / Can 04, 01 03:15 UTC

Some general remarks.

A number of scientific schools (in particular, the Soviet school by Kurdyumov), what studied the development of complex nonequilibrium systems, proposed a new approach to the description of the future. Even a simple flame propagation in the medium is around 10^15 (million billion!) possible attractors, each of which is strictly described. In these circumstances, predicting the future makes no sense. The desired future you must choose from possible (not prohibited), and then restore the path leading to it.

In this regard, I always thought that the main function of Science Fiction – the creation of utopias, i.e. the description of the desired states of society and its scientific and technical base, and then a description of the ways leading to it. At present, unfortunately, this function fails completely, really interesting works can be counted on the fingers.

In my understanding, the writing of the Constitution of Asgardia is primarily the creation of compelling, actionable and inspiring utopia. I now this utopia do not see absolutely. The fundamentals are well recognizable model of the existing states of the Earth, some of which are already largely dysfunctional, and others relatively safe as long as not over oil on the continental shelf of the North sea. Maybe you need a broad discussion in the Science Fiction aspect (the definition of a set of desired States, the "ideal final result" by Altshuller's TRIZ), and not formal futurological approach of extrapolating from the achieved.

May 24, 17 / Can 04, 01 03:44 UTC

I like most of the constitution, most of the points make a lot of sense to the dream that Igor put out back in october. I would like a bit more clarification on what some things mean. One issue that has been discussed a lot is the whole monarchy business and the taxes/levies. Could we get a separate document describing the reasoning behind such things? 

Why do we have to be classified by old political nomenclatures like republics and monarchies, why cant we be something new?

What taxes and levies?

May 24, 17 / Can 04, 01 03:44 UTC

I think wrong in principle at this stage any mention of orbital weapon platforms and the more purposeful their possible use against any man-made objects. 

Now it sounds like this: Asgardia offers the states of the Earth (probably for a small fee) effective protection against space threats. Read between the lines: for those who are not willing to pay the fee, or will create problems, Asgardia able to create a cosmic threat. It is a model of the Laputa island  from the novel of Jonathan Swift. (Those who caught the worst of the Soviet and Russian history at the turn of XX-XXI centuries, understand the meaning of the euphemism "крыша" ("roof")). 

Obviously, no state with at least some scientific and technical potential, will not tolerate such a situation. In the first place it will not allow the USA with their claims to world hegemony (especially with the fact that decisions in Asgardia, including the use of technical means, intended to be taken in a democratic way, and most of its supporters are citizens of China). 

The project will be either thwarted or brought under tight control (up to loss of function) leading powers. I propose to exclude from the Constitution any militaristic allusions.

May 24, 17 / Can 04, 01 04:42 UTC

The Constitution mentions that citizens will have access to "mechanisms for public monitoring" of the electronic voting. What is/are the procedure/s to monitor the election?