Jul 5, 17 / Leo 18, 01 16:10 UTC

Re: I do NOT accept the Constitution  

Consulta, ¿alguien sabe si es posible votar en contra o desacuerdo con la constitución?.
En particular estoy en desacuerdo que constitucionalmente se establezca el secreto bancario. Conociendo los manejos y desmanejos de las empresas, fundaciones y personas en la tierra eso deja abierta la puerta para la corrupción y/o enriquecimiento ilícito.
Me gustaría poder explicitar mi opinión , y/o hacersela llegar a quienes redactaron la constitución.

---------

Consultation, someone knows if it is possible to vote against or disagree with the constitution?
In particular I disagree that constitutionally banking secrecy is established. Knowing the management and mismanagement of companies, foundations and people on the ground that leaves the door open for corruption and / or illicit enrichment.
I would like to be able to state my opinion, and / or make it known to those who wrote the constitution.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 18:26 UTC

I agree with Estropistei.

We should build the Constitution together, using online writing and project management collaboration tools.

Until then, I will not accept the constitution.

Regards

P.S.

I invite all the people not accepting the constitution to send me a PVT message, we could create a group and petition to write the constitution together.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 18:36 UTC

Yeah, dude, there is no private messaging system on these forums.

All attempts at linking to outside methods of communicating get censored.

So, unless people want to search for unique usernames, or share their emails here, we are not being allowed to communicate how to communicate outside these forums.

JPK

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 19:11 UTC

C'mon. Censored? Did it happened to you?

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 19:32 UTC

At least twice in the past few months, to me, yes.

PFE

Updated  on Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 19:33 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 13:46 UTC

@Jason Rainbow

thank you for answer. I understand this messages could be off topic, but are of vital importance, and ... considering we want all to collaborate for the constitution it;s good if we understand how we can work together, what communication channels we can use.

there are a lot of patterns we can follow to design the Constitution, one of this way can rely on the forum, but it will be very dispersive, it's not like sitting in front of a round table... the forum software is not designed for collaboration but for top - down discussion.

there are many collaboration tools instead, that will allow us to work in a more effective way, for any of the projects.

I am a software designer and developer. I can help.

I will start a post soon to introduce some of the free collaboration and project management I know. Hopefully we will be able together to choose the good one for us.

Until then, if you or any reader interested in similar approches - drop an email to mihaiasumcinei@gmail.com

Best Regards

Michael Asumcinei

Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 14:57 UTC

@Jason Rainbow
Sorry me if I use this thread (I could use every other one, but still being OT) to suggest a method to (hopefully better handle comments, moderations and OTs, while avoiding to clutter the original thread, and knowing the forum lacks the PM feature.
This means that, instead of explaining the method here, I'll do that there...

Jul 11, 17 / Leo 24, 01 12:58 UTC

I agree that there shouldn't be any reference to Kingdom.  Also a veiled reference to nominate 'by genealogy' Heads of Nation is particularly disturbing.  There also should not be a way for the Head of Nation to dissolve Parliament without a vote of citizens.

Jul 12, 17 / Leo 25, 01 23:57 UTC

I agree. I do not accept this constitution

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 12:10 UTC

'Fourthly, I do not agree with the implementation of a set number of official languages, nor do I agree to strive for the construction and implementation of a single Asgardian language. I know acknowledging all languages as culturally relevant can be a strain on resources as a greater number of translators would be needed to cope with the diversity influx. I still believe it is important to protect cultural diversity over administrative pragmatism.'

Correct... I do not understand on what grounds some languages have been already preferred above others on this platform alone, let alone later on in Asgardia itself... This alone provides the first seeds of injustice and non-equality among its members...There should even be the option, on these or other grounds to vote against the constitution or provide amendments apart from this forum perhaps... 

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 12:10 UTC

'Fourthly, I do not agree with the implementation of a set number of official languages, nor do I agree to strive for the construction and implementation of a single Asgardian language. I know acknowledging all languages as culturally relevant can be a strain on resources as a greater number of translators would be needed to cope with the diversity influx. I still believe it is important to protect cultural diversity over administrative pragmatism.'

Correct... I do not understand on what grounds some languages have been already preferred above others on this platform alone, let alone later on in Asgardia itself... This alone provides the first seeds of injustice and non-equality among its members...There should even be the option, on these or other grounds to vote against the constitution or provide amendments apart from this forum perhaps... 

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 15:43 UTC

I believe the language preferences were made due to population, to get the 'message' out to the greatest number of people in the shortest period of time.

Would you rather they not distribute any information until it is translated into the thousands of languages there are on the Earth at present?

OGJ

Jul 15, 17 / Vir 00, 01 21:01 UTC

I've only gotten about half way through the document but right off the bat some SERIOUS red flags went up. First one being I saw no protections or even mention in the "Supreme Values" about protecting peoples Sexual or Gender preferences. Which in 2017 should be as much of a np brainer as Freedom of Religion. Not even going to CONSIDER agreeing to anything that doesnt wholeheartedly support and protect peoples natural right to exsist as themselves. 

The other was what little I read on Taxation, while yes if I'm WORKING IN or FOR Asgardia I would agree to their taxation methods for (and only for) the work I did pertaining to THEM, I have no intentions of allowing myself to be taxed for work that has nothing to do with them whatsoever. If I have to put up with the recist/predjudiced/ closed minded views of companies/ corporations on earth, I am AT LEAST keeping the money they pay me as a suffrage allotment. So no to that much. 

Jul 16, 17 / Vir 01, 01 15:28 UTC

I reject because, duh.

The very content and process of adoption of this Constituion completely contradict the stated intent of the formation of the "kingdom".

I call on all true free-thinking rationalists to recuse themselves from this ego trip and embark on a true vision for humanity--perhaps not named for a stupid mythical kingdom of asshole gods with a hall reserved for those who die in battle? Maybe something original?

Jul 17, 17 / Vir 02, 01 01:31 UTC

extropiste

It appears that the term "kingdom" applies to the "privilege" Asgardians have in their claimed territories. The Supreme Values outline the privileges citizens are granted in Asgardia. Essentially, Article 4, Section 3 "Asgardia’s absolute supreme value is humanity striving into the infinite future, the infinite Universe, and infinite new Universes" is a privilege you are granted by Asgard Society> You will always be supported in the effort to find new territory. You, nor any other Asgard, are required to actually pursue these ends however. Oh, you may not have noticed, but this provision covers time travel as well. Sure, we have limitations now.... but just around the horizon is an asteroid with more metals than humanity has mined through all of history waiting to be processed. Then beside it is thousands more and so on. I'm not sure why you derive this means it condones inefficiency and unsustainable life paths. 

In your third gripe about the Constitution, this contradicts your first gripe against monarchy. The monarchy stood against the common person having a say. It appears that Asgard government is predominately meritocratic though it appears to be open to capture by more arbitrary distinctions like hereditary and friendship. Our worry should be corruption of its principles of equal opportunity and best service to Asgardia and humanity. I am uncomfortable with appointed officials, but I understand the short falls of pure democracy. I am willing to give it a try. 

I'm pretty sure "official" languages are just languages Asgardia is required to communicate in. I'm not sure this is a relevant issue given where AI will be by the time it matters. People will have Universal Translators which can decipher non-programmed vernacular. I don't believe the "languages" should represent "culture." They are just sounds we make to represent things and the "cultures" of people from many languages are as diverse within as between.

Ya, the taxes thing seems like the hook. This could be the scam of it all. But hey. Just don't pay up and renounce your citizenship. I am not expecting "taxes" any time soon. These people at the top of this appear to be philanthropists with their own piles of wealth already accumulated. Personally, I've always considered it the responsibility of the rich to advance the welfare of all, which means also making poor people rich. 

I don't understand the comment about Asgardia-1. Its just a jumpdrive in orbit. If you sign the Constitution, they give you a commemorative space in the orbital jumpdrive to put your information in. Its nothing really special. We already sign contracts to put our information in orbit, we just don't really store it up there. The waste would be to shoot it up there for failed bid at nationhood.... and you would have wasted a few minutes transferring some files to go up. You are wasting more time just writing this up though I don't really consider it a waste even if its for naught with respects to Asgardia.

Last edited by:  Mariya Kudryavtseva (Asgardian, Member of the Parliament)  on Jul 1, 19 / Leo 14, 03 04:22 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time