Feb 25, 17 / Ari 00, 01 17:57 UTC

Only one time marriage should be allowed in asgardia constitution with registration.  

For asgardians bright future there should be a provision in it's constitution , only for one time marriage through out the life with registration . It will be helpful to build a character of asgardians and population control also.

Feb 25, 17 / Ari 00, 01 18:20 UTC

A very important function of government is to provide peaceful methods for citizens to resolve disputes. A ban on divorce means that people who have made a suboptimal choice in their spouse can never petition for redress or have their legal situation changed. When the law does not allow you to rid yourself of an awful life brought on by an awful marriage, the knife is always available. I fear this proposal would raise crime and lower quality of life substantially, while offering only nebulous moralistic benefits.

Feb 25, 17 / Ari 00, 01 18:56 UTC

deleted

Updated  on May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 19:00 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: leaving asgardia

Feb 25, 17 / Ari 00, 01 19:24 UTC

Comment deleted

Updated  on Jun 15, 17 / Can 26, 01 16:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: "This user no longer wishes to be associated with a tin pot banana republic"

Mar 1, 17 / Ari 04, 01 17:18 UTC

This is a horrendous idea! Eugenics disguised as relationship advice! The government has no reason to involve themselves in the bedroom or to dictate where, when and with whom a person can get married. So long as they aren't marrying a child, the matter is irrelevant.

Mar 1, 17 / Ari 04, 01 17:30 UTC

THAT TOO!

Mar 1, 17 / Ari 04, 01 18:31 UTC

Having been married twice and divorced once, I will say that people can very significantly change after marriage. It would be unrealistic to expect two people to always want to spend their entire lives together.

My current wife, while awesome, is not really comfortable with the idea of moving into space. You can imagine what impact that may have on our marriage in the event I end up going into space for Asgardia.

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 16:24 UTC

Absolutely ridiculous! This should not be a topic of concern. If anything, polygamy should be encouraged to ensure our species is able to expand through the stars!

Better to focus on more important topics than who and how one gets married...

Mar 22, 17 / Ari 25, 01 18:10 UTC

If there's one thing that should be picked up from historical evidence, it's people rarely require encouragment to be breeding. I think we can safely assume that's happening regardless.

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 10:43 UTC

Comment deleted

Updated  on Jun 15, 17 / Can 26, 01 16:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: "This user no longer wishes to be associated with a tin pot banana republic"

Mar 23, 17 / Ari 26, 01 14:31 UTC

Comment deleted

Updated  on Jun 15, 17 / Can 26, 01 16:04 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 14:00 UTC

We now know the ratio between men and women signing up is roughly 4:1 so you you might be right. Not sure I want to share a wife with 3 other men though.

Man, now I have that whole sloppy seconds image in my head. Thanks for that. :/

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 14:48 UTC

+1 @petrv

Not only: we should consider polygamy and polyandry as "normal", as we're not forced to marry, so every free asgardian should take his/her way.
Looking at the numbers, as @Clive made us noticing, polyandry will be more statistically probable. ;-)

Apr 15, 17 / Tau 21, 01 03:45 UTC

I think a constitution should be about rights and not restrictions.

Apr 15, 17 / Tau 21, 01 13:09 UTC

The Constitution should be about the limits of government. Not the limits of Citizenry. Focus on the structure and purpose of Government. We can discuss how civil laws and a "Bill of Rights" be defined at a later date. For now, it's far more important to setup the foundation of the system than how to dress up the government halls.