Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 20:29 UTC

"The essense of Asgardia"  

"The essence of Asgardia is peace in space, and the prevention of Earth's conflicts being transferred into space." - Igor Ashurbeyli

This will be the basis of the constitution when Founder is voted Leader.

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 15:40 UTC

I can understand the utopian theory of Asgardia wanting to be "peace". Indeed the theory, the ideal of peace is truly noble. For a singular instant, let us accept Founder Igor Ashurbeyli's statement of "The essence of Asgardia is peace in space, ..." is achievable. Having accepted that one of the founding tenants of Asgardia as Peace in space we then look at the second half of the quote. "and the prevention of Earth's conflicts being transferred into space." While it is a truly desirable goal. I am not exactly sure that it is attainable. Given the fact that "we" are all humans, we will, by the very essence of our being, take/bring our genetic and psychological conflicts with us into orbit around the rock we now call home.

By definition prevention is the action of stopping something from happening or arising. Thus conflict. Ergo, we can rewrite the the sentence, "The essence of Asgardia is peace in space, and conflicting the Earth's conflicts from being transferred into space." How does Mr. Ashurbeyli propose being a community of peace all the while conflicting conflict?

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 16:39 UTC

Greetings fellows, I believe that founder Igor Ashurbeyli's (IA) desire for the nation we are all a part of is to establish a place, a nation, where people of a like-minded disposition can come together and work towards furthering our race as a whole. The Human species and its progression are the bones that this concept is built on. I believe that IA truly desires to provide a platform to create a utopian society we can all call home and feel a part of. However, as you said meisberger, we are human and by our nature, prone to conflict. It is then up to each individual to decide whether or not to become part of this utopian idea (via applying for citizenship) or to dismiss this as a waste of money, determining it an unattainable goal. We must collectively decide to become more understanding, compassionate, and respectful of each other in order to achieve "the prevention of Earth's conflicts being transferred into space". My point is, Asgardians must choose this conflict free way of life. If the view for Asgard was to create conflict by restricting world views, there would not be an open invitation to join the nation. Instead, I believe that the goal of our new nation is to promote the open-minded respectful attitudes of people all over the world that wish to pursue a significant shift in the collective consciousness of humanity.

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 21:15 UTC

Paz!

Esse é o objetivo mais nobre que podemos ter, mas sua implicação é deveras complexa, ainda mais considerando que temos um "caldeirão" cultural, onde eventualmente algumas de nossas ações ou inações são consideradas verdadeiras ofensas a grupo étnico diverso, logo para atingirmos esse objetivo há a necessidade que todos nos desvencilhemos de nossos atuais "modelos" culturais e adotemos um novo modelo hibrido (que a priori deve ser estabelecido pela Constituição), onde possamos sempre estar exercitando o mútuo respeito por aquilo que não conhecemos ou consideramos diferente, torna-se importante que nossa Constituição seja mais racional que emocional, visto que a emoção acaba por ter a necessidade de autoproteção de valores pessoais e culturais, logo se algo deve ser feito de tal maneira é por que há uma razão para que isso assim seja, e não porque eu acho que deve ser.