Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 04:46 UTC

Voting Regulations  

Has anyone else read the voting regulations? Especially the part of if you don't agree with what the constitution is you get penalized for it. How can we create a fair system when we are constantly being bullied into important decisions?

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 05:23 UTC

@Okkabogga 

Choosing to not support a Constitution and the laws of a nation will, of course, have an effect on the degree of citizenship one might experience. It works like that in any country. I would also suggest everyone is welcome to vote their conscience with the understanding that if they find it unfavourable to vote yes they would remain Asgardian either way. 

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 05:38 UTC

Why would it of course mean to have an effect on one's citizens status? If it's a bad constitution why should someone be effected in a negative fashion for trying to get Asgardia off on the right foot? Shouldn't that be the main goal? Not to appease and let me pass onto the next level and give me an id card? Shouldn't voting either way earn you an ID card? 

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 05:51 UTC

If I might speak personally for a moment @Okkabogga 

While I appreciate your concerns I would also encourage one not to conduct themselves in order to receive special status or elevated levels. I will personally think critically about what the finalised constitution says and vote honestly in regard to it, as I mentioned previously I would remain Asgardian either way. Let us wait and see, the community suggestions will be compiled and the document revised, perhaps the issue might settle itself.  

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 07:43 UTC

@Okkabogga(Asgardian) on 6 June 2017, 5:38 a.m.

I would hardly quantify the NO vote as a penalty. If you truly have an objection with the Constitution, why would you agree with it in the first place? It's like saying you don't want to live in a bad neighborhood, but deciding to rent a home in that bad neighborhood anyway... Does that make sense? 

As @Jason Rainbow has pointed out, virtually every nation on the planet has a similar requirement. Either you swear an oath to respect, uphold, and follow the laws and the constitution of that country, or you will not be allowed to become a citizen.

Consider the possibility that more than 50% of all Asgardians reject the proposed Constitution. This would force NGO Asgardia to revise and remodel the Constitution to meet the demands of our conscience. If you are voting YES for some perceived benefit, be certain you would be happy to live under the terms and conditions for which you must comply.

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 09:25 UTC

I sort of get where @Okkabogga is coming from.

Many are sick of the "same old same old" of greed, hate, corruption and conflict that is demonstrated on a dialy basis. Then something comes along promising to elevate humanity above the mire. A society based on freedom, equality and knowledge that is the necessary next step for humanity.

Then along comes the draft constitution. It falls well short of what was initially proposed and needs a lot of work. However, this is impossible in the timeframe allocated before there is a vote on what will almost certainly be a flawed basis for this new society.

To these concerned people, their only option will be to vote "no" and hope the process can start again.  But there is one major obstacle - 90,000 plus "Asgardians" that may or may not be actual real people, or are sheep that are just around for the gimmick. Based on the number of people participating in the forums, this "silent majority" will decide the outcome of the constitution vote, not the people that are genuinely interested in this venture succeeding.

Updated  on Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 11:47 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 11:27 UTC

With how easy it is to manipulate the voting process, the current state of the Constitution, and the overall behaviors of the current high-level administrators, I have already come to grips with the idea that I will be voting No for the Constitution. This is somewhat ironic, as I was one of the first 4000 people to even sign up to this project. I had faith in the idea but now have no faith in the implementation.

With that said, that leads me to deduce what will happen to me after that decision is made. According to the 'rules' as they are at present, I will still be allowed access to these forums, and be given the ability to post. Beyond that, however, I will not be given any rights nor responsibilities under the Constitution to any Asgardian. I am even uncertain if I would be allowed to call myself an Asgardian or not at that point.

Thankfully, I have never had my 'tribe' decide who I am. Neither this nor any other tribe decides who I really am, just to whom I choose to associate myself. In that manner, I have found a few people on here I wouldn't mind associating with, and many of them wish to vote No on the Constitution as well.

WLS

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 15:02 UTC

I'm not saying I'm for or against the constitution but what I am saying is I personally feel like this is a forced yes vote. I hope the document proves to be a great document that I am many others will be more than happy to ratify but on the chance it remains as the first draft. I basicly will be discarded and left behind if I vote against it. I read and found many faults in the draft and voiced my thoughts on them. To me it's like being thrown into a bad neighborhood and told don't worry or try to fix it.  Yes, every country has something similar but having that as the presets for a country is dangerous.  I look forward to reading the final draft and hope it hasbeen approved upon. From the start to where we are now we've changed from a free thought society to one of the sheep. 

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 18:47 UTC

Greetings.

While I can understand where you're coming from, @Okkabogga, I personally think you're rushing on these statements because as @LoreZyra mentioned if the majority (more than 50%) does not agree on the Constitution draft then it will have to be revised and perhaps modified. This way we can ensure that the Constitution is not being imposed on the asgardian community.

Also, as others have pointed out, if you were to disagree with the Constitution is completely logical that you can't become a citizen. Otherwise anyone could say "no" to the Constitution and the laws; that person wouldn't have rights, responsibilities, duties, wouldn't be subject to following the laws of Asgardia. That, without a doubt, would bring very negative consequences on that individual and the general asgardian community.

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 22:03 UTC

Bypassing the fact that other constitutions were usually already in force, at the time a person applied for citizenship, I've to agree with @Scarbs. At the same time, numbers seems against what @Phicksur wrote: I think the administration won't need to use any number of fake accounts to bend the voting results. ;-)
What we can't know is if any other "organization" will need those kind of "alternate" accounts, to bend the next voting results and, definitely, Asgardia's policy in the next years.

@LoreZyra
Consider the possibility that more than 50% of all Asgardians reject the  proposed Constitution. This would force NGO Asgardia to revise and  remodel the Constitution to meet the demands of our conscience.

Are you sure?
All I read is (non verbatim) "the ones which won't vote for the Constitution won't pass the L3 check, even if they'll can keep the citizenship if desired" (but will be a citizenship empty of rights, even if empty of duties also). Would you like to point me where someone wrote that the Constitutional proposal can be rejected, please?

Jun 6, 17 / Can 17, 01 22:54 UTC

@Elwe Thor(Asgardian) on 6 June 2017, 10:03 p.m.

All I read is (non verbatim) "the ones which won't vote for the Constitution won't pass the L3 check, even if they'll can keep the citizenship if desired" (but will be a citizenship empty of rights, even if empty of duties also). Would you like to point me where someone wrote that the Constitutional proposal can be rejected, please?

The only place that it's implied, is on the voting regulations PDF and on the Constitution draft. Where a simple majority must vote in favor of the DoU and Constitution. If people would take this seriously, read the documents as if they are about to move in to a Space Ark, and decide if they would be comfortable under those regulations, then perhaps they just might think twice about accepting such terms. One could hope.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on Jun 7, 17 / Can 18, 01 10:52 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 7, 17 / Can 18, 01 02:47 UTC

Constitutional draft's quorum is very well defined under "part 2, art 39"... don't laugh too much when you'll read it. ;-)

Jun 10, 17 / Can 21, 01 15:45 UTC

@JasonRainbow do you know when the final draft will publicly available? Have you read the final draft? If not do you know anyone personally who has? 

Jun 11, 17 / Can 22, 01 01:37 UTC

Having the voting regulations sorted out is nice. Having something to vote on would be even better.

We're now seven days out from the self-imposed voting date. Where is the revised constitution? How is anyone supposed to make an informed judgement on the revised constitution if we are only provided it a few days before the vote? Or is that the intention - hope for the otherwise silent masses to vote yes without reading / understanding it in order to get their shiny ID card?

Jun 12, 17 / Can 23, 01 14:39 UTC

@petrv
Kind of lemmings' answer? ;-)