Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 14:06 UTC

Re: Voting Regulations  

@LoreZyra Thank you for explaining and good job for suggesting that which actually is a good idea!

@Jason Rainbow
I see the problem now. We only get to choose to agree with a drafted constitution, which has lots to update and fix, so that people are furious about this since it is very important step towards what we had been promised. (That I asked in another post and now i understand why people are not happy with this) Do you have an update from the officials? Or are they just going to wait until the the first of Asgard? 

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 20:12 UTC

Where can I find a copy of updated Voting regulations?

It is very important that voters understand these regulations but they haven't been properly and sufficiently disclosed. The copy I've found with Decree 3 of March 17 are outdated and contain language that would lead a reasonable person to believe the current scheduled vote is a pre-vote.

I would like to see this document updated and can offer assistance in getting this done and distributed to the general populace. However, I fear it is too late for those that have already voted or have decided not to vote.

Thanks so much.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 06:50 UTC

alguien me puede decir cuando termina el plazo de votación? Es día 21/06 y sigue abierta. Alguien sabe como va la votación?

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 06:55 UTC

@Travin(Asgardian) on 16 June 2017, 8:12 p.m.

Where can I find a copy of updated Voting regulations?

It is very important that voters understand these regulations but they haven't been properly and sufficiently disclosed. The copy I've found with Decree 3 of March 17 are outdated and contain language that would lead a reasonable person to believe the current scheduled vote is a pre-vote.

I would like to see this document updated and can offer assistance in getting this done and distributed to the general populace. However, I fear it is too late for those that have already voted or have decided not to vote.

Thanks so much.

I'm only aware of the officially published regulations found here:
https://asgardia.space/en/page/decrees/Decree003

Jun 22, 17 / Leo 05, 01 15:57 UTC

@Idsaye
As far as I can say, "legally speaking", as for the "Asgardia internal (and supposed to be valid) law", the decrees, Decree N3 art-1 stated

"Voting will take place over the course of a 24-hour period on 1st Asgard (18th June 2017), (...)"

Then, at 13 june 2017, Decree N6 stated

I hereby announce the commencement of the preliminary voting period today, on 24 June 0001 (13 June 2017), during the press conference in Hong Kong.
I invite all Asgardians to take part in this historical event.

This, if not explicitly amending Decree N3 art-1, de facto extended the voting period from 13 up to 18 june 2017 24:00 UTC (24 june 0001 - 1 Asgard 0001).

Then... there are no more decrees, so no other law, but "the whispers" tells that the voting period have not been closed still (this, by the way, is illegal into Asgardia as per our Head of Nation's own words: decrees are mandatory).

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 05:54 UTC

How can we get new recruits for Master Ash if they close the voting down? Need more join the empire!

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 18:18 UTC

I like your picture, @Darth, even if I'll keep mine.

Jun 26, 17 / Leo 09, 01 03:45 UTC

choose wisely mate

Jul 4, 17 / Leo 17, 01 10:22 UTC

Actually,

Before there is a working constitution and government in place, any nation, including "Asgardia" cannot be said to be a nation at all. It is the constitution itself that provides for who is and is not a citizen.

Right now, all of us are merely members of a website. That's it. (Despite the fantasy rhetoric).

I object in the strongest terms possible, to the way the elections and voting are being handled for the constitution. @elwe said correctly that the current voting is violating the rules that have ALREADY been established and published. Not only is the voting NOT being held on the days suggested, but the time frame for the voting is currently outside the rules, and so is the fact that there is not a way to vote "Yes" or "No."

By supplying only a "Yes" option and a submit button, this gives the impression that acceptance is a foregone conclusion, and the leaders can go and congratulate themselves on shoving a document that THEY approve of down everyone else's throats.

This is NOT democratic in the least. It's a travesty. A joke. (A bad joke). 

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is SLOPPY and UNPROFESSIONAL work all the way around.

Jul 4, 17 / Leo 17, 01 12:48 UTC

It does, however, fit inline with how website EULAs are performed. You either agree to the website's ToS, or you are quickly asked to leave.

Jul 4, 17 / Leo 17, 01 16:16 UTC

@writeboywrite
The fact there is no "yes" and "no" options in the voting, together with the multiple decrees infringements, will probably prevent Asgardia to be recognized by UN.

FYI there is a group of us (many of them you can read even here) trying to make "something better" on far different basis. I can't, for rules and correctness, post any link here nor write more but, if you're interested, you can reach me via Discord as ElweThor#4993.