Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 10:14 UTC

Re: Working Thread - Compilation of Community Suggestions for the Asgardia Constituion  

@Xaphyr:

"At the same time, every Asgardian can freely practice religion on Earth, so long as the religion in question does not bring harm to others. Furthermore, Asgardians are discouraged from following religions of which contradict Asgardian ideals."

Agreed; but actually we did include such a suggestion in the document. In fact, I myself made sure that provisions limiting the power of religions was included. From the document, page 4:

" ​Asgardians​ ​are​ ​allowed​ ​freedom​ ​of philosophical/ideological/religious​ ​expression,​ ​as​ ​long​ ​as​ ​such​ ​expression​ ​does​ ​not lead​ ​to​ ​(or​ ​encourages)​ ​violations​ ​of​ ​other​ ​rights​ ​in​ ​the​ ​Constitution.​ ​As​ ​an​ ​example,​ ​a philosophy/ideology/religion​ ​may​ ​be​ ​banned​ ​from​ ​expression​ ​if​ ​it​ ​encourages​ ​murder;​ ​if it​ ​prevents​ ​other​ ​people​ ​from​ ​performing​ ​their​ ​own​ ​freedom​ ​of​ ​expression;​ ​etc. "

;)

Last edited by:  John Skieswanne (Asgardian)  on Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 10:17 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 10:46 UTC

@Xaphyr,

I apologize for not being specific. Your points, I thought, should also be added to the comments in the Constitution. So, while you were, in fact, posting in the correct forum, I only thought it would be great to have the same thoughts added here.

:)