Jun 9, 17 / Can 20, 01 18:10 UTC

Re: Legal/illegal Drug policy  

@ericha I find that stupid me smoking pot isn't going to affect you at all -_- pot isn't even addictive hell it's even better for you then alcohol a few joints Arnt going to crash the damn thing 

Jun 11, 17 / Can 22, 01 02:58 UTC

@Mech1031 while I agree with you as far as use of marijuana, I think that in a space environment we will have to move beyond smoking anything, given the danger of fire to the community. There are edibles, salves, injectables, etc. that would be as or more effective than smoking. I partake, and I believe we can move beyond carcinogenic use into more effective and safe substitutes.

Jun 11, 17 / Can 22, 01 14:12 UTC

Prohibition is a dead end. Allowing everything will eventually lead to harmony, because human is a filthy being and restrictions only forces it to pretend and hide it's true form. At the same time allowing self-killing things will lead to balance when the unwanted being will be either dead or will change. To control this possesses we will need a service of adequate humam conditions, which will see if a person becomes completely retarded or is about to die. 

Something like that, i think. And yes, money is the key point in all that fuss. Allow drugs and win funds for a real projects. 

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 08:30 UTC

The problem in drugs not in the drug itself, it's in the people and what they act after taking it, for example Alcohol if I drink 3 cups of Vodka then I am the same Aras but in a cute way and I transferred to a funny guy.. but there is people who drink just 2 cups of Vodka and act like crazy and aggressive...

that's the problem, it's about how people act after taking any type of drugs, we can't just allow or banned anything because a number of people act wrong after taking it, because then a lot of people who just have joy and being nice after taking that drug will turn sad and upset I think.

we can't cut people from eggs because some people hate it or have an egg allergy, right?

so I wish to do something but after deep thoughts that may not hurt anyone of our Asgardia nation people.

Jun 18, 17 / Leo 01, 01 05:35 UTC

Yes i agree with you.Expect marijuana or we called 'Soft Drug'.Drugs should be banned completely.You guy have no idea that how many people killed by ’Excessive use of drugs‘.I think we need to make a harder law to punish these people who sell drug to others.(I agree with use death penalty on it.)I remember the day that cops take the drug user to my next door neibor to point the man,who is the drug user or dealer.I took a look.I found that Drug users are so weak that maybe the wind can blow them down.Also we think We need to set a apartment like 'DEA' to deal with this kind of things.

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 23:00 UTC

Well, the death penalty is already a non-starter in Asgardia, so, there's that.

Most drug prohibition, at least in the U.S., continues because of the monetary benefits the various government agencies at all levels enjoy through the confiscation and selling of personal and real property and the confiscation of cash.

My particular 'drug' of choice is marijuana. But, in the U.S., it's classification as a Schedule 1 drug didn't begin due to any real public threat, but rather to protect the corporate interests of those who were building monopolies in their respective industries. DuPont on the chemical side, and William Randolph Hearst on the textiles side. They both faced a long standing competitor in industrial hemp, marijuana's non-psychoactive cannabis cousin. It had long been used for rope, clothing, paper, oils, food, sails, even sound deadening fabric in early Ford automobiles. It can be made into over 25,000 products. Such a hardy product couldn't be directly attacked so instead DuPont and Hearst funded a smear campaign against marijuana, painting a picture of it as an addictive drug that was destroying the youth of America, even though the head of the AMA at the time testified before Congress that no such epidemic was actually happening and there was no evidence in the medical community that marijuana was dangerous.

The U.S.'s first drug czar, Harry Anslinger, took their smear campaign as gospel and trotted before Congress articles Hearst had published in his own newspapers that were largely racist, and bigoted, towards Mexicans and Africans, and Anslinger even doubled down and threw jazz musicians on the pyre for good measure. Can't have those druggies making the Devil's music corrupting America.

The intended consequence was that cannabis as a whole would be classified on the same level as narcotics, after Anslinger failed to control it via interstate commerce laws, thus rendering industrial hemp a controlled substance as well. They surely succeeded. Industrial hemp farming in the U.S. vanished, nearly overnight, from a height of nearly 2,000 hemp farms having operated at the height, with government subsidizing. It received a short-lived reprieve during the 2nd World War, but was then quickly tossed back on the heap of profit over people, as soon as the need was over.

So, any continued prohibition, at least in the case of cannabis, rests solely on the foundation of hatred, greed, racism, and bigotry. And that's to not even mention all of the health benefits that have finally come out of the shadows over the last three decades or the industrial benefits of hemp production in the textiles industry.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 22:25 UTC

If we are here to protect the Earth gain and share knowledge there should be no need for recreational drug use cigarettes or alcohol because I feel like it would inhibit our ability to do any of our duties.

Jun 22, 17 / Leo 05, 01 00:49 UTC

People always find some kind of substance or act that alters their systems when the social system to reach depression or physical-neurological problems, we call drugs, dangerous acts (extreme sports, or challenges) or passive suicidal behaviors (bulimia, anorexia , etc). The task of society is to study and prevent the causes of stress and biochemical-neural disorders. With regard to substances considered illegal in many states, many of them are natural in nature, and a suitable therapeutic use facilitates the combat of biochemical, physiological, physio-mechanical, as well as those caused by pathogens. In many historical cultures the therapies and consumption (frequent preventive or therapeutic) of herbs and natural mineral substances have been used for millennia without causing detriment to their societies, with a reasonable use.

Jun 22, 17 / Leo 05, 01 12:33 UTC

From my point of view just unhealthy drugs must be banned. In on hand people is free tu reacreate in other type of drugs ssince that is a personal choice and nobody has the right to force peple to not do that. Unhealthy drugs in the other hand have repercussions on the poeple surrounding the consumer in form of taking care of him or just suffering while they see a person crumbling to them. 

Jul 11, 17 / Leo 24, 01 08:32 UTC

wow, my first post and look where I am :)

Recreational Drugs on a complicated space station ?

I rekon no

could be dangerous

Jul 16, 17 / Vir 01, 01 23:40 UTC

There should be no restrictions or taxes. If people don't meet their responsibilities, they lose citizenship. Simple
Consumption taxes are regressive and disproportionately burden the lower wealth people vs higher wealth people. Otherwise, you are going to disband citizenship just for consuming or having contraband. 

There is nothing wrong with restricted access like no alcohol in the cockpit.

There will have to be wide spread impairment testing and drug use is rather irrelevant to that. Impairment is impairment; it really doesn't matter why. Drug policy and discrimination based on drug use is an antiquated mode which historically served classist and racist purposes. 

I won't be smoking state grown weed btw. I grow my own. Some of us resent being forced to buy other people's work.

Jul 16, 17 / Vir 01, 01 23:40 UTC

There should be no restrictions or taxes. If people don't meet their responsibilities, they lose citizenship. Simple
Consumption taxes are regressive and disproportionately burden the lower wealth people vs higher wealth people. Otherwise, you are going to disband citizenship just for consuming or having contraband. 

There is nothing wrong with restricted access like no alcohol in the cockpit.

There will have to be wide spread impairment testing and drug use is rather irrelevant to that. Impairment is impairment; it really doesn't matter why. Drug policy and discrimination based on drug use is an antiquated mode which historically served classist and racist purposes. 

I won't be smoking state grown weed btw. I grow my own. Some of us resent being forced to buy other people's work.

Nov 15, 17 / Sag 11, 01 10:17 UTC

Hello! "Set and Settings" about drugs is the key.  Universal key.  But it is not yet defined that it is a drug in Asgardia.  Asgardia is created by humans, but it will not be only for humans...

Nov 17, 17 / Sag 13, 01 03:12 UTC

i think victimless morality based lifestyle choices should be completely unregulated. If history has shown us anything it's that drug prohibition has only existed for a couple hundred years out of all human civilization, and it's done far more harm then good. prohibition has never stopped anything ever, instead it creates a black market, driving the proceeds to criminals instead of industry/state. prohibition causes the problems it's supposed to prevent. We should follow the golden rule of "If it doesn't harm others or their property, there is no crime".

Last edited by:  Ricardo Martinez Rodriguez (Asgardian)  on Nov 17, 17 / Sag 13, 01 03:17 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 28, 18 / Pis 00, 02 04:46 UTC

I believe that tobacco and cannabis should be legal in asgardia, the ventilation issues could be solved relatively easily.