Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 19:19 UTC

New terrorist group: they MUST be stopped from entering Asgardia!  

The American Anti-Fascist movement--known colloquially as "AntiFa"--attended the Donald Trump inauguration, "DeploraBall" and several other events in Washington, DC. During their tenure there, AntiFa have utterly destroyed swathes of personal and business property; physically assaulted people, even if they were not actually Trump supporters; set fire to a limosine; assaulted police officers; and brandished weapons and other implements at both police officers and civilians.

AntiFa is an extremely dangerous and hostile organization, and I have yet to personally find one single video in which AntiFa is able to have a cogent conversation with ANYONE on the ground. They are not there to protest, but to instigate riots and encourage "Black Bloc" tactics. They are regularly armed with seemingly harmless flags. These flags are in fact used as blunt weapons by AntiFa to attack anybody who shows aggression back at them. They have openly lied to police about the purpose of the flags as well as the materials they were made with. Make no mistake--these flags are weapons.

The aims of the organization are, according to their own website, extremely dangerous. They have no interest in political discourse, but rather would like to "co-operate to defeat fascism". They never provide a definition of fascism, nor do they provide any resources for "de-radicalizing" individuals with fascists tendencies.

The Anti-Fascist Network is not about telling people how to campaign in their areas, what type of anti-fascist activity they should undertake or what political analysis they should adopt. We simply want to cooperate to defeat fascism.

This is not a legitimate organization.

I suggest that AntiFa immediately be branded by Asgardia as a terrorist organization, and that we deny entry to any individual who is associated or who has formerly associated with AntiFa. Any individual associated with AntiFa should be arrested and tried for terrorism.

Last edited by:  Shawn Crawford (Asgardian)  on Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 19:23 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 25, 17 / Aqu 25, 01 10:51 UTC

Fair enough, and I thank you for the response. Sent a tip off to my local law enforcement.

Jan 25, 17 / Aqu 25, 01 17:56 UTC

Might be crossing a line if we start charging rioters as terrorists.

Jan 26, 17 / Aqu 26, 01 07:42 UTC

There is a huge difference between a riot and a terrorist act. I agree that we need to have some sense of peace and control. Nevertheless, we should be ever vigilant in our endeavor to keep our country safe.

Feb 4, 17 / Pis 07, 01 20:07 UTC

After the UC Berkeley riots, I once again am reiterating that AntiFa IS a terrorist group. Please stay safe out there, everyone!

Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 15:45 UTC

This thread seems kind of like fear mongering, and is absolutely superfluous because of it. Unless Ashurbeyli has resources and plans we don't know about, the world is going to be a lot different by the time Asgardia is actually in space. The group mentioned won't even be around. WE might not even be around.

Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 17:17 UTC

+1 fear mongering. But if they feel that strongly I suggest they stand at the door.

I could get Asgardia - and anyone who'd want to go, not just a few - into space by about 2060 or so. Quite a lot of us will still be around.

Feb 5, 17 / Pis 08, 01 23:25 UTC

"I could get Asgardia - and anyone who'd want to go, not just a few - into space by about 2060 or so. Quite a lot of us will still be around."

2060? Do it up. I'll be 76, but based on family history, that would give me at least 30 years up there.

Jul 17, 17 / Vir 02, 01 00:54 UTC

These people deserve opportunity like anyone. If they renounce their tactics and can accept our values (which are highly inclusive), then why should we exclude them? How do you know these people are not simply confused about what reality is and what "should" be done? If they prove to be antagonists despite the opportunity, than they can be disbanded back to their origins. 

Jul 31, 17 / Vir 16, 01 19:48 UTC

For your information, Antifa is not only in the United States but they are in Europe as well.

Oct 28, 17 / Oph 21, 01 13:49 UTC

Yes, it is a big problem for us and  all Asgardians already know that.