Ari 08, 01 / Mar 5, 17 12:52 UTC

Re: Punish Corruption with Death, By Law!!  

No death penalty. We must avoid instances that allow corruption, avoiding the factors that produce corruption. Solo eliminando los factores que producen la corrupción se puede eliminar la corrupción. El instinto del hombre desde su gestación es aprovechar las oportunidades en medio de dificultades economicas o medicas. Si eliminamos estos factores, eliminamos la corrupción. Sin hablar de la educación.

Ari 17, 01 / Mar 14, 17 04:01 UTC

I support your ideas. The corruptions questions is take nation to lost . The corruptions question is big questions. We need bulid public purcorator system to supervision we nation citizens honest. The public purcorator system is must indenpendent. we need anti~corruptions law. Serious punir corruptions. we nation all citizens must accpter supervision for nation public purcorator. We all citizens can take proof to prosection by we court law. We nations public purcorator must can actions by prosections about our nation citizens case but have foreigner to court law. but not punir death, can imprison years is ok! Life is only one!

Ari 17, 01 / Mar 14, 17 14:35 UTC

Corruption should NOT be accepted nor tolerated under any circumstances - that's what I believe!

Corruption (when and if happen) SHOULD BE punished with severe and exemplary sentence (like life imprisonment, loss of all properties, and banishment from Asgardia), but NOT/NEVER death penalty - that's what I believe!

NO ONE has the right to take a life away, whether it is a person, a group, a state/province or a country - that's what I believe!

Best regards,

Leonardo.

Tau 04, 01 / Mar 29, 17 20:28 UTC

We should punish corruption by deporting the criminals to their country of origin, death sentence actually costs a lot. We can NOT afford to waste money on Asgardia with the likes of rehabilitation or imprisonment.

Tau 04, 01 / Mar 29, 17 20:34 UTC

Done "right" money isn't a factor. Certainly not if we can consider sensible mass residence of the stars.

Deportation to country of origin - as previoulsy covered in this and similar threads - is only a viable concept for those that actually have a country of origin - what happens when they've been born in Asgardia?

Tau 04, 01 / Mar 29, 17 23:58 UTC

'Done "right" money isn't a factor. Certainly not if we can consider sensible mass residence of the stars.'

I agree with this, but we would have to create some sort of method to do this because -as far as I know- there's no country on Earth that does death sentence "right", if we take money into account (that is, ethically).

'Deportation to country of origin - as previously covered in this and similar threads - is only a viable concept for those that actually have a country of origin - what happens when they've been born in Asgardia?'

Didn't thought about that.

I guess that coming with a simple method to dispose of the criminals would be the better for Asgardia (killers, corrupted people, etc.), like you say, death-sentence done "right" but ethically. But we would need prisons nonetheless for less serious criminal acts, or maybe forced labour?

I wonder why you were banned, from what I've seen from your blog posts you always have something interesting to add to topics and don't behave rudely.

Last edited by:  Johnny Nava (Asgardian)  on Tau 04, 01 / Mar 29, 17 23:59 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Tau 05, 01 / Mar 30, 17 09:04 UTC

Justice depends on the crime, I'd say when it comes to Asgardian law or legal processes why not let the citizenry decide what punishment they should have?
For example you get someone who has stolen a wallet the citizens have a vote with a selection of punishments from 2 weeks in jail, 3 months in jail, a year in jail, and so on for about 10 levels of severity, each with revocation of Asgardian citizenship at the end of the sentence, murder however especially premeditated gets life in jail no excuse, manslaughter or accidental but preventable (negligent homicide) death gets a less serious sentence.
You then let the people decide by electronic voting their choice of punishment, but ask for responsible voting, it not only puts the fear of God into any wannabe criminal it also gives the people (who sometimes have more common sense than judges) the final say in the criminals final reward for his activities.
Of course the more severe the crime the different options will be but if ALL criminals know what the final choices are going to be they then have to decide if the time is worth doing the crime?
You then really don't need judges after they have decided the punishments for crimes, and it then becomes a popular activity for those citizens who both have the time (gives the retired and unemployed or stay at home something to contribute to) and gives a confidence boost as those who will feel they have had a say in the day to day running of the community as a whole, but yes you will get those who want to hang someone for transgression no matter how small but I think that people will be sensible in the long run. But one idea I have had regarding my own idea is that evidence must be provided and all involved should be subject to lie detection (regardless of position, be-it criminal/victim/witness), and it should be clear that all crimes will be investigated and should reported (in the case of rapes or familial assaults if it not reported promptly it can't be acted on) and that any false statement leading to waste of police/legal resources must be punished as well.
The biggest concern I have is that any potential criminals will use the "Human Rights" excuse for not accepting their punishment, I believe that if any criminal wants to commit any act they need to realise they are infringing on the "Human Rights" of their victim and any act against said victim negates the criminals "Human Rights" excuse when punishment is issued.

Last edited by:  Hadden Bramham (Asgardian)  on Tau 05, 01 / Mar 30, 17 09:22 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Additional rant.

Gem 05, 01 / Apr 27, 17 23:46 UTC

There is another thread about death penalty where I explained my stance on it. So, NO! Corruption in higher ranks is more damaging and should be handled heavier the higher up it occurs but it should suffice to strip the culprit of rank and office, to compensate for damage done, jail time and maybe deportation. Never is such a person to be trusted with any official job again.

Gem 11, 01 / May 3, 17 18:13 UTC

No death penalty, just revoke Asgadian citizenship and send it back to earth.

Can 19, 01 / Jun 8, 17 18:47 UTC

Seriously-- no death penalty. Minor offenses get restrictions, some type of probation/etc. Major crimes? Just send them back to Earth. Revoke Asgardian citizenship.Biggest problem I see is in the event of something like murder-- Asgardia doesn't want a prison system, and just returning a murderer to Earth without legal action could be problematic. But that's what the developing law system is for. 

Death penalty is never the answer.

Leo 05, 01 / Jun 22, 17 12:36 UTC

It has been a rather most proved topic that the thoughness of a punishement will not affect on the reduction of the crime. Anyway I think death penality is not a solution for anithing and least corruption. There are other forms of punishement and more effective ones.

Leo 07, 01 / Jun 24, 17 05:51 UTC

What about an improperly run or modified ballot in an ongoing election.  Is that what you are suggesting (snicker)?

Vir 02, 01 / Jul 17, 17 00:03 UTC

Yet another non-sequitur. The Asgard Constitution will not permit the death penalty or prison unless it is changed. 

What purpose does corruption serve in a society where wealth will not grant control of others? ...where everyone has equal access to wealth and what is required to build it? 

They will lose the capacity to function in the sectors they corrupted of course. If they can't behave respectably, they won't regain any capacity. If they are bad enough, their citizenship will be disbanded....and if they are Asgard born, I suppose they would be housed while they aquire citizenship with another organization they can be exiled to...though, I can't say "corruption" is really a good enough reason to exile over..If the corruption were to institute a prison so that sadistic people could enjoy the suffering of the "undesirables," then possibly exile is warranted. 

Last edited by:  Brian Brown (Asgardian)  on Vir 02, 01 / Jul 17, 17 00:17 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Sco 15, 01 / Sep 24, 17 14:00 UTC

No, no death penalty like it is in China . Only a very stirn punishment enforced upon those corruptors

Sco 15, 01 / Sep 24, 17 14:00 UTC

No, no death penalty like it is in China . Only a very stirn punishment enforced upon those corruptors