Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 19:38 UTC

Punish Corruption with Death, By Law!!  

As a new nation we need to learn from the error of others in order to succeed. Corruption is in one way or another the reason of majority of mankind problems, so, seed the fear in the heart of the corrupts from the beginning!

Just a suggestion..

Updated  on Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 20:20 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: [ADMIN] Please refrain from using religious terms applied to the law. Asgardia is a secular society, as stated in the FAQ : "Asgardia [...] will not declare a specific religion as an official religion".

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 01:43 UTC

All types of corrupción And life imprisonment

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 07:32 UTC

No death penalty. Send the guilty back to the earth and revoke all privileges in Asgardia regardless of the present situation on earth; I:e nucleur war, global warming, if found guilty of breaking Asgardia law or send them to Asgardia jail. With a set of rules based on severity Asguardia Justice would determine by severity if the accused would have to be thrown from Asgardian society or put into Asgardian jail -if the crime isn't that severe, how long would they need to be in Asgardian jail. The prime ministers would have to elect a group of peers and have them decide based on a vote. If the majority vote is against the accused & the crime is punishable by loss of citizenship then they would lose Asgardia citizenship for the rest of their life & have to be shuttled down to earth and remain on earth in jail , out of jail , prison , on probation or whatever the courts of the UN would decide fit for the planet earth and their home country seeing as they are no longer eligible for Asgardia citizenship. During their flight back to earth, the UN gets a full detailed report on everything that happened & they will get a full trial and dealt with according to UN law. While in Asgardia, we follow Asgardian Laws. Then they reach the UN for another trial to see where they stand on planet earth because they aren't welcome in Asgardia anymore. After judged and put through trial through the UN they would due their time and go back to their relative countries on planet earth.

Last edited by:  James Springer (Asgardian)  on Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 08:04 UTC, Total number of edits: 11 times
Reason: Laws get amended all the time.

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 22:14 UTC

Last edited by:  Beatrice Lentzen (Asgardian)  on Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 23:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 06:51 UTC

Totally agree with...um...Jesus? Let's just call him J.O.A. for now.

I know that implementation of the death penalty will likely involve a vote, which is a good thing. However, I disagree very strongly with the death penalty for a number of reasons, most chiefly of all being that it doesn't really do anything for the criminal justice system. It provides no actual justice to the victims; in fact, many victims' families do not get any satisfaction at all from watching serial killers be executed. Besides that, it completely goes against our mandate of Asgardia being a peaceful place. I simply can't get behind a death penalty.

Until we can get a better idea of how best to define corruption, I think that we should exile the person and confiscate any property having to do with the corruption (ie money obtained through illegal or treasonous means). I agree that there should be very strict penalties, but I disagree that that penalty should be a loss of life.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 07:11 UTC

State sponsored murder is something I hope Asgardia will never endorse. The taking of a human life is never an acceptable standard solution to a problem.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 16:59 UTC

I disagree with the death penalty, I think that person must be put on jail some time in prison according with the damage made by him to the society and after end the time in prison, He can't get out of prison if the money that he taked from the public resources is not returned, and in jail they must be work every day in a typical laboral period to has food, water and electricity.

Last edited by:  Deybeer Gonzalez Lopez (Asgardian, Candidate)  on Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 17:00 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 17:21 UTC

Punitive measures of any kind do not have a good result. Death even less. I am concerned about a fellow Asgardian thinking about killing to punish such a petty problem.

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 10:10 UTC

understand, it's common to hate corruption which just favors small group, the part of system is structured in this way whose output is "unfair". thought "evil" doesn't exist in individual, c human history enough of killings & massacres, if deleting "evil" ones will do, "evil" should have been extinguished long ago. let's try drop killing and death penalty which doesn't solve the root of problem. experiment other ways to fine tune or reconstruct the modules. as one part assembled in the vast system of physics, everyone is chained together forming pipes & interfaces, energy, information, money, material flow in there. things r scattered, concentrated, divided, recombined, transformed or manipulated other way while traveling in the network. there'r certain patterns or features in corruption cases, just for test, construct a machine learning module of "corrupt for-tell" and collect example data to c if fit, check which layers and parts r most profitable, c if these links can be remode to open market for more to take part in, monitor what effect reshaping of these links have on upstream and downstream links of the network, if the output "more fair".

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 15:21 UTC

I'm relieved to hear most posts are against the death penalty! And I'm happy that bHwTio opened this topic! This is really important!

As it's been pointed out no one is evil if they're not pushed to that, by environment (aka. culture).

Usually criminals are victims of abuse or some other traumas, and they usually don't see anything wrong by their doings. They're are just balancing the justice, by their opinion.

Or it could be just opportunistic, just like I think most of the corruptions starts by this.

So we need to make sure that there will be opportunity to get corrupted. And I will say this magic word once again; transparency!

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 17:18 UTC

If rehabilitation is not possible death should not be remotely considered. The death penalty is a reaction to crime because there's no other viable option, right? So I suggest that alternative methods of punishment are used instead of ending it with death because it will guarantee no further disfunction. That's the point, right? To stop further disfunction.

When someone receives the death penalty they receive it because they committed a violent crime that infringed the rights of another person to live or pursue happiness. The question we ask today is, "Should this person live or die?"

If courts kill anyone "by legal means" then the courts are taking the same action that earned that person trial to die in the first place. Death can't be an option for solving our problems. Using death as legal punishment promotes death to be a viable solve for our difficult problems as humans in general. If courts are allowed to kill people, then that is enough to validate a person's consideration to solve their problems with the death of another. Two wrongs don't make a right and it shouldn't make a difference if a court kills someone, or a person kills someone. Both acts are as unconsciously twisted as the other and we need to end the idea that death can be used to help society only if we kill the killers and rapists. Killing is just bad.

The only to stop killers, is to stop killing.

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 09:52 UTC

I see few problems in death penalty: 1) How we can change the penalty for death person if we see, person was wrongly accused? 2) And how death penalty solves the problem? 3) If person want's to kill or rape, that is a "sick" "twisted" person who has learned to do those things. And if u can learn something, u can learn out of it.

Usually person who commits a crime, justifies that with hate. When u got punished for that, u get more angry, and then u will commit a lots of crimes again and again.

Easiest way to prevent crimes, is to take care of anyone and keep everybody as equal as other.

And I would really, really like, at least to do anything we can, to prevent crimes, than punish afterwards.

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 03:29 UTC

If we can build somewhere to put our people, we're going to be able to nullify most causes of crime, including the deficit thinking that leads to it.

As almost all draft versions of constitutions I've seen seem to include rights to life(some include forefit of in the act of preserving life, but a later execution for crimes would be something else) and various other sentiments I've noted, I feel it's highly unlikely that a death penalty should ever feature in Asgardia.

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 17:54 UTC

prisoners will be sent to prison on the Earth

Last edited by:  Nguyen Anh Vu (Asgardian)  on Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 17:56 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 23:01 UTC

As Earth is running out of space to build houses, running out of space to farm, where would you suggest they build a prison to hold our outcasts? Or are you suggesting they somehow make room in their currently overcrowded prisons for another nations criminals? As possibly covered in previous responses, what when they are natively born in Asgardia and have had no terran home?

What would make more sense is to construct prison facilities and then outsource these to Earth.