Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 00:45 UTC

Could Bitcoin be our official currency?  

I believe that bitcoin would be the great currency option for Asgardia, due to the fact that our citizens reside in several countries, bitcoin would greatly facilitate the business in Asgardia.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 04:57 UTC

That's not a bad idea. Even if Asgardia creates its own currency, it should be digital and based on block chain.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 12:57 UTC

Actual we could make are own crypto-currency, based off bitcoin. Now I won't get to technical but the things if we ever made to space, it would still have value on earth. The only problem is in space, it would only take a solar burst too wipe the system and bring down the economy. I can make a crypo-currency for Asgardia but what do we call it?

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 13:42 UTC

As quantum computers are being developed, I am not sure about using a crypto-currency. Who would mine it ? I am not sure.... But I like the idea of decentralized money. It's hard to choose the right solution :)

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 19:49 UTC

If Asgardia, has its own currency based on blocks (Crypto-currency). I recommend using a CryptoNote system. Like the Monero. It seems more certain, and of a certain aspect, an evolution of Bitcoin.

But leaving a little aside, which system to use. Which name would be chosen for our currency. Anyone have an idea? I would like to choose names of physicists, or astronomers, to inscribe our currency. Maybe astronauts. As the first man to go into space, Gagarin, or Armstrong. Of course, copyright is a problem. So I would like the opinion of the community)

If we do, we really want a coin. We have to give her a visual identity.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 00:51 UTC

I think we should create our own currency. (Prefered to be a crypto-currency) but crypto-currency Bitcoin is fairly unstable. And alot of people have thousands of them. (Wealthier than our government at that point.)

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 01:21 UTC

The market variations, is due to the size of it. That is, the larger the market, the smaller the variations will be. Or rather, they will not be felt. It's like comparing a falling stone to a glass of water, and a stone falling into the ocean. But I see that in time, Bitcoin, has been used more maturely, and increased use, has led to greater currency excitability. Mainly, after most of the 20 million bitcoin were mined.

I agree with a coin of Asgardia. Which will create the exhilaration of an Asgardia coin, will be the amount of Asgardians using it. We can also pound this coin into a basket of coins. A package of international currencies, gold, and also the value of the workforce, services, proprietary technologies of Asgardia ....

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 05:06 UTC

Its sort of hard to base currency at the moment on gold, work force or research? but we could base it on a decentralised system like bit coin but have based on network or file storage like filecoin. That way we can test and prefect it now,ready for the future.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 07:14 UTC

It is a bad idea to use Bitcoin as asgardian currency, it has been used for drug trade, pedophilia and other nasty things. We need a new currency with a clean slate.

Last edited by:  Radu Maican (Asgardian)  on Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 07:17 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 12:25 UTC

I agree with Kivok, and also with Kronos ^^ We need a different currency than Bitcoin. But we can use the structure of Bitcoin, to create a new currency.

If all the Asgardians agree to use the crypton Asgardian coin. We altomatically, we will have appreciation, and demand and consumption by it. Where the Asgardians can offer services to each other. In a first moment Afterwards, Asgardia might have a coin bank. And through the exchange of national currencies, by currency of asgardia. Asgardia may have a capital for investment. A kind of national bank, or development bank. We can also create an investment fund.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 12:50 UTC

I would prefer that any currency we create be based on energy production and usage.The calculations for bitcoin and related currencies are not based on anything other than computer cycles. Those computer cycles don't even have to be used for anything productive. A computer sitting in the corner calculating bitcoins does nothing except consume energy and convert it into waste while giving the illusion of creating value.

A good place to start is Solarcoin. It is based on blockchain technology and is calculated on the amount of solar energy a system produces. We can extend its usage to other areas of energy conversion, energy conversion because we don't actually create or generate energy, as we develop.

https://solarcoin.org/en/front-page/

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 20:03 UTC

There was a more detailed argument about crypto currencies being used on our facebook site... I had mentioned that this project will be a unique project for many kinds of curious people...and I would think that crypto currency would definitely play a part in the overall system but first as a middle like bridge currency heading towards a more complex system eventually catering to those who need less things and want to do more to make an impact and will be blessed by operating in that manner. I see society moving towards point systems and Asgardia will be a heiarcky built on earning trust with all involved as a common consciousness...I would think that any transaction happening would have to have purpose in a bigger picture preventing theft by pre-cog analysis rather than catching a hacker who would have to pose as a fake sales rep in public online domain wich would not apply to many products made by Asgardia anyways. We claim tansactions take place within Asagardias app only like a temporary closed market. Most "space" products would probably be lended out with shares involved like the beginning of a company with trust contracts first instead of actually owned because the parts will contain elements not from earth rendering them priceless for right now until Interplanetary markets open. Beyond it all I see lots of gifting and free lance investment of time in one another as people instead of what we have or don't have preventing crime at the base root of our conscience. Asgardia is everywhere, and Love will be in the inner most parts of ones giving heart whom belong to it.

Last edited by:  Tim Dickson (Asgardian)  on Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 20:06 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Grammar

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 07:30 UTC

Bitcoin is for Earthlings and why don't we create new cryptocurrency? I think we need a modified banking system and with block chain. If Asgardia has a currency, How would the name look like? Asgar Ascoin Asgaroin Ascash Asgarium Asollar

Oh! no... Asgarium is Awesome
  Last edited by:  MARIMUTHU SELVAM (Asgardian)  on Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 08:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 14:58 UTC

A cryptocurrency for Asgardia has been in development

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 06:15 UTC

@Justus Harmer sourse?