Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 06:34 UTC

Re: How can we create a functional economy and generate money from nothing in Asgardia? Any idea?  

Develop cheap nano satellites made to collect space debris, recycle debris through deals with earth nations who would investigate the effects of space on wrecked junk. Junk collectors for short. Refining this science adds to the goals of tracking and maneuvering in space until we can mine asteroids, etc. 

Jul 13, 17 / Leo 26, 01 20:38 UTC

The creation of NGOs, the licensing of Asgardia endorsements, the voluntary assistance such as Asgardia at Berkeley ;CETI

As the coalition of people grows, there will be more opportunities. No one said we are in isolation from the Earth.

Jul 25, 17 / Vir 10, 01 22:04 UTC

I believe that we can create the beginning steps of of our economy by harnessing our collective knowledge and turning it into the commodity.  It is not the end all solution, but I think it could be a good start.  I wrote a blog post on the matter I would like to share with you:

https://asgardia.space/en/blog/13846-creating-an-economy-from-quotnothingquot/

Kind Regards,

Adrie Newman

Candidate for Strategist

Aug 15, 17 / Lib 03, 01 08:35 UTC

It all goes back to creating an Asgardian cryptocurrency, tradeable for earth assets as it happens nowadays, in order to create value on earth and be able to finance and finally deploy the Asgardia project. 

Cryptocurrency mining could be a way to give Asgardian citizens a tool to create assets, without taxes, nobody wants or needs taxes, that´s just one of the ways  how capitalism works, and I´m pretty sure nobody wants to bring earth economic models into space, it´ll fail, as it´s currently failing. 

So, I truly think that to give people the power to create their own assests thru computing resources it´s something to think and actively discuss about it. 

Forget comercial economy, as an example: producing goods for profit, that will encircle us in the current vicious circle earth is living right now. 

We just need a currency we can trade in order to acquire goods and/or resources we´ll need from earth to build and maintain our Space Nation, i.e: building living pods, building sustainable space transport vehicles.

I mean basic needs should be produced in house, not brought or bought from earth, i.e. : food. So, yeah, basically a crypto could be a way to start. I actually saw something on the net about an Asgardian coin (ASDC) but I couldn´t see anything in concrete, like no coin website or development. I could take the step forward and create an Asgardian coin if needed, I know a little about crypto algorithms and it´s really not that hard to create a cryptocoin nowadays, there are thousands of altcoins trading on crypto exchanges for real bitcoins and real cash  so we can finally start pumping the Asgardia project and take it out of paper.

I found this thread on google doesn´t say much but at least somebody brought the subject up and tried to create an Asgradia Coin, apparently the project didn´t go through:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1649102.0

Mostly, I think, because it didn´t seem like a serious project, after you create all the algorithms and create the coin you need to announce it, people need to have an interest to buy or mine your coin, then people need to vote to list the coin into cryptocurrency exchanges and start trading.