Jun 28, 17 / Leo 11, 01 12:46 UTC

Solar (SOL/XSO) (Asgardian Cryptocurrency)  

It looks like, this is the name of the Cryptocurrency winning the poll

I just want to know if there is already a group working on the development of the Solar currency.

I also want to be involved in the development. I am Software Developer, and my focus is web technologies with .Net Technologies, but I also want to learn more about Cryptocurrency development.

Count me in for any new development!

Jun 30, 17 / Leo 13, 01 14:26 UTC

Hi @Carlos! Thank you for your enthusiasm! If you want to help us send a mail to volunteer@asgardia.space with CV and position desired

Hope we meet again!

Jul 2, 17 / Leo 15, 01 15:40 UTC

Any new info on this??

Jul 2, 17 / Leo 15, 01 17:22 UTC

Hi @Alabama,  there is no current information on the currency. Remember to follow-up on the main page, and new's forum. You can also stay connected on the FB pages, and Twitter here: https://twitter.com/AsgardiaSpace/status/867077674954498048

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 13:26 UTC

Hi @Stephen De Rosa, I just text volunteer@asgardia.space and it is not a valid email.

There is any other email available? 

Best regards, Carlos.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 14:39 UTC

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to volunteer@asgardia.space because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.

The response from the remote server was:
550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.  Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or  unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser q129si145180lfe.153 - gsmtp

Jul 7, 17 / Leo 20, 01 19:44 UTC

Thank you @Jason Rainbow

Oct 16, 17 / Oph 09, 01 09:38 UTC

Just saw the tweet about solar and here I am.

I would like to know who works in the creation of the blockchain. I would like to join and audit the code, just out of curiosity. 

I am sure everyone knows that in a trust based system transparency is important. 

Where can we get the information?

Nov 4, 17 / Sag 00, 01 19:13 UTC

Hi, this is a great job. How can I join?

We could use token based on the Ethereum network, they are easy to create and with a very strong and flexible network as a base.

https://theethereum.wiki/w/index.php/ERC20_Token_Standard

Regards,

Adriano Santos

Last edited by:  Adriano Santos (Asgardian)  on Nov 4, 17 / Sag 00, 01 19:16 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Nov 15, 17 / Sag 11, 01 17:19 UTC

https://solarcoin.org

Currency that is based on solar power already exists.

I actully really like the idea and I think Asgardia could use similar approach in energy trade, that would fuel our economy.

Nov 22, 17 / Sag 18, 01 04:16 UTC

the idea of create solar money with solar energy, seems pretty good to me, but, how we do it?

Nov 23, 17 / Sag 19, 01 14:45 UTC

And i am just interesting: as a result - what is the name of the Asgardian currency? Where the links to the core and wallets?

Nov 24, 17 / Sag 20, 01 10:24 UTC

In response to the recommendation by @sleipnir1981 about using the Ethereum network as a base and issuing the currency as an Ethereum smart contract, I would recommend against the use of Ethereum for several reasons. While the Ethereum block-chain is superior to others in production where the support for complex contracts is concerned, it is slower than other available options like the Stellar block-chain and the cost per transaction is significantly higher. Additionally if not properly designed, an Ethereum smart contract could lead to disastrous consequences as has been the case with several ethereum-based ICOs this past year.

As recommended by @cedced999 the Stellar block-chain is in fact a superior choice for issuing a new token, not only because it's faster and easier but as a developer who has chosen Stellar's block-chain over the likes of NXT, the Ethereum virtual machine and others, I can offer my professional recommendation that we use the Stellar block-chain based on the built-in support for a decentralized exchange, a faster more scalable network and a host of built-in security and authentication features that make it easier and safer to manage newly issued tokens.

Furthermore, my company will be launching a new neo-banking and payments platform in 2018 in 26 countries with support for 29 currencies including 14 crypto-currencies. As a citizen of Asgardia, I would like to contribute my skilset to the development of the Sol and when it is ready, we can add support for it as the 15th crypto currency bringing the number of supported currencies to 30.

-hatter.glass

Nov 26, 17 / Sag 22, 01 01:31 UTC

How I can obtain this criptocurrency ? 

Nov 29, 17 / Sag 25, 01 04:41 UTC

I've noticed existing coin SOL also known as Solaris coin, this would prevent us from using SOL for our cryptocurrency Solars, So would suggest sticking with something like ASOL  for Asgardia Solar.