May 3, 17 / Gem 11, 01 15:33 UTC

Re: Asgardia University  

Hello everybody,

I've seen great ideas over here. There might be a slight detail you've omitted to consider - The language barrier. As a language trainer/consultant in the aerospace industry as well as a Uni. lecturer, I know that for non-native speakers it wouldn't be easy to follow some topics. Could I suggest to add some language training?

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 15:49 UTC

Love it! In my country (USA) we just a got a complete whackadoo as the Secretary of Education. She is pushing for school vouchers, where every child can attend any school, private or public, using the money the state would have paid for public school (I'll save my reservations about this idea for another discussion). I immediately thought this was the perfect time to start a "Starfleet Academy", training future space colonists. AU could be the same thing with a much cooler name :) My idea was high school through undergraduate all together with everyone participating in some form of research (even if your passion is hair styling, we need the noosphere of humanity with us). Anyone in the US interested in doing this?

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 07:32 UTC

It seems that rather than focusing too much on the creation of new courses, we would be well served, at the beginning, to organize departments that provide access/links and recognition of available online courses that can lead to greater recognition within Asgardia.

Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 10:32 UTC

I think this is a great idea! What better way to support our citizens than by fostering an atmosphere of learning!

I do have a few thoughts on such a University:

1. We would need to have such a university accredited through Asgardia and follow some of the world standards for education

2. This will allow AU to issue degrees for those who take the requisite courses.

3. Following traditional (US is my base so I go from my experience here) study plans, we can thereby issue degrees to our students and have them recognized on earth too.

4. Would we be able to do this for free? I am willing to take the time and create lesson plans and make virtual courses. But can we ask Asgardia NGO to host this University on their servers?

Sep 3, 17 / Lib 22, 01 23:57 UTC

Great idea. Of course the university will need a library. We will build a library that will be ready to be located in space. You can give your support here: https://asgardia.com/en/blog/candidate/809654-16132-we-will-build-the-worldacutes-first-orbital-library-strategist-candidate/

Last edited by:  Timo Baur (Asgardian)  on Sep 3, 17 / Lib 22, 01 23:57 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Sep 18, 17 / Sco 09, 01 05:07 UTC

I think this is a brilliant idea. Asgardia's future lies in its potential for educating the next generation.

An efficient and healthy education system and institution is a must-have for any nation. I am currently doing research on classroom design and students with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), looking at papers from psychological and behavioral science journals. I seek to work alongside other Strategists of Asgardia in the future to design the best learning spaces for Asgardians.

If anyone wishes to study this topic alongside me, I can provide my research sources and references on request.

As a Strategist Candidate for Innovation, I am working on designing education systems and spaces to provide the best learning experience for all Asgardians. Please provide your support for my Campaign so that we can work together to create a healthy educational environment for Asgardia.

Yours faithfully,

Steven 'Edrick' Wang,
Strategist Candidate from Australia.

Sep 18, 17 / Sco 09, 01 05:07 UTC

I think this is a brilliant idea. Asgardia's future lies in its potential for educating the next generation.

An efficient and healthy education system and institution is a must-have for any nation. I am currently doing research on classroom design and students with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), looking at papers from psychological and behavioral science journals. I seek to work alongside other Strategists of Asgardia in the future to design the best learning spaces for Asgardians.

If anyone wishes to study this topic alongside me, I can provide my research sources and references on request.

As a Strategist Candidate for Innovation, I am working on designing education systems and spaces to provide the best learning experience for all Asgardians. Please provide your support for my Campaign so that we can work together to create a healthy educational environment for Asgardia.

Yours faithfully,

Steven 'Edrick' Wang,
Strategist Candidate from Australia.

Last edited by:  Mariya Kudryavtseva (Asgardian, Member of the Parliament)  on Mar 5, 19 / Ari 08, 03 11:06 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: links removed

Sep 21, 17 / Sco 12, 01 02:24 UTC

we are in the process of creating a website `Present  Academy` and  P.A as app which will bring all free Educational courses  and  qualifications to all, We are in the process of the   software/website/app being recognized by the Department of work &   pensions & Education department of the United Kingdom and has   already been checked passed by Chelsea F.C Foundation after passing two   entrepreneur courses also personally winning best digital  collaboration  in their competition.

Presently we are setting up banking as nonprofit charity and going threw the registration 

We are looking for trustees for the board ; Head of programming & coding 

Head of law / internet law, nonprofit law & Charity law  

Head   communications with UK Department of Education &                                                                                                  work pensions 

Head of Marketing & social media

Head of charity

Plus   as many volunteers as possible for all departments mentioned to allow   the software to be in everyone's hands as soon as possible

Hopefully giving Asgardians all the educational tools we will ever need 

You can contact us here or at       presentacademy@hotmail.com

Sep 21, 17 / Sco 12, 01 02:29 UTC

hi Ra, I need to get in contact with you about MOOC. Connect with me on facebook, or I will send a 'friend request' chat to talk with you about where projects are at this time.

Leo Marquie (projects supervisor)

Sep 21, 17 / Sco 12, 01 04:35 UTC

HI  leo  

will contact u on fb

Last edited by:  sean frain (Asgardian)  on Sep 21, 17 / Sco 12, 01 04:53 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 14, 18 / Aqu 14, 02 22:29 UTC

Hello Asgardians,

I recently registered for the incoming parliament election for the Italian District and my program has as core value the Asgardia's education program.

I saw a lot of very valuable comments in this thread. Please feel free to contact me to share what your proposals are.

I hope you will support me in my campaign.

Have a wonderful day

Fabio

Apr 28, 18 / Gem 06, 02 03:13 UTC

The Autonomous Regional Government of Promethia, of the Space Kingdom of Asgardia, is dedicated to exploring ways to contribute to the establishment of an Asgardian education system. 

-Maurice J. Ornelas, President of the Autonomous Region of Promethia, of the Space Kingdom of Asgardia: promethia.space

Jun 13, 18 / Can 24, 02 13:06 UTC

It is very essential to establish an " Asgardia University" to get and maintain it's own standard education system to asgardians in space nation . Educational policies will be decided by our Asgardia govt .

Jul 6, 18 / Leo 19, 02 12:33 UTC

We will definitely need bioscience, microbiology, biomedicine, bioengineering

Otherwise, besides our statehood recognition and the establishment of our government, the formation of the AU should take precedent I want to write about this at my blog [external Link Removed]

Last edited by:  Mariya Kudryavtseva (Asgardian, Member of the Parliament)  on Mar 5, 19 / Ari 08, 03 10:57 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: [external Link Removed]

Jul 8, 18 / Leo 21, 02 19:23 UTC

For the past 20 years I’ve been an educator in France, in the UK and most recently in Romania, where I have opened 2 years ago the Self Experience Academy, a school of mindfulness through arts, offering to children from poor areas of Romania the opportunity to have access to a non-conventional form of education, where they are taught how to discover themselves and their hidden potential through dance and corporal education, theatre and vocal education, as well as personal development.

Asgarida brings to the world a new way of doing politics, of doing research, of promoting the most elevated values to the humankind. It is but natural for Asgardia to also suggest a new way of educating children, in order to prepare the new generations to continue and take further the wonderful work we are doing now. I see Asgardia as a unique opportunity for people from all over the world to understand and adhere to the idea that the human race is not meant to fight and compete against itself, but to grow and develop in peace, together, as part of a Universe/Multiverse, with immutable rules of life.

As Asgardian Educators, I believe we have a duty to prepare the new generations for the revolutionary model of our new “space nation”. And the first step is preparing the adults, helping them to achieve a coherent vision of the future. This can be achieved through formal e-learning programs opened to all Asgardians, under the auspices of Asgardian Higher Education Establishments (AHEE), such as the Asgardian University (AU), as suggested herein, or the Academy of Sciences of the Space Nation of Asgardia (ASSNA), for Sciences and similar entities for other subjects.